“Birthday get away”
Review of The May Fair Hotel

The May Fair Hotel
Ranked #221 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I went to the May fair for my 20th birthday with my boyfriend, this hotel had good prices, best central location.
I had read other reviews about people having to wait longer for their room which happened to us too
we arrived at 2.30 (check in is at 2),, we had to wait till 3 before it was ready.
we paid for a deluxe room for our three night stay. selected rooms have walk in wardrobe, terrace, and tv's in bathrooms. and all deluxe rooms have a free standing bath tub and walk in shower and a bigger room than a standard room.
we were appointed a room that had none of these features and i asked the woman who shown us to the room if this was deluxe, she said yes.
i am certain they gave us a small standard room even though we pay an extra £100 per night (estimate) for a deluxe!
we went to the reception to sort it out and the man was so helpful, gave us the room on the advertisement and helped us with our bags and he was very friendly and chatty with us.
the rest of the stay was nice, not too noisy, unbelievably comfortable bed! room always tidied and cleaned.

Room Tip: not much natural light, some rooms have private view others have offices opposite.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kayleigh R
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Kayleigh,
Thank you for your review and I was so pleased to hear you and your boyfriend enjoyed your birthday celebration with us at The May Fair.
I was sorry to hear about the initial confusion on check in and I do hope you will also accept my personal apologies for the inconvenience this caused you both.
We very much look forward to welcoming you both back to the Hotel on a future occasion.
In the meantime, I send my best wishes to you.

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We love a weekend in London and the May Fair is a great place to stay. Unless you pay large amounts of cash for a fancy room the standards are just basic but this place has a great vibrant atmosphere and is well located for shopping and dining out. I would definitely stay again but then there are many tempting hotels to try in London so it may be a while before we return.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Scott and Rachael,
Thank you for your review and delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
We do hope to welcome you back for a future stay.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

This is a nice hotel centered located but it's too crowdy and noisy.
Clean and convenient located just 1 block from Picadilly St and 1 block from Green Park subway station.
Rooms are average sized and clean.
The negative is some of the tourist staying at the hotel, they are noisy, shouting at the corridors when returning from their drinks at early morning not respecting the rest of the others, kids banging doors and screaming,...complained about that and was offered a new room, fair but the nigh was over!.
When taxi came to pick me up for the airport and asked for my name told I had never been in that hotel and almost left. Service in that respect is awful!!
There are many smaller and nicer hotels in the neighborhood for the price and you are not treated as another number.
I'll think it twice before returning to this hotel.

Room Tip: Take the end of corridor rooms, if you are lucky you can have a good rest.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MigueAngel

I was, however, so sorry to hear about the disturbance you experienced from other residents and please do accept my personal apologies for this. I will certainly follow up on the points you have raised and would like to thank you for your feedback.
I do hope you will return to stay with us on a future occasion so you can experience The May Fair as I would have liked you to on this visit.
In the meantime, I send my best wishes to you.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We had great time in this fashionable hotel, this time we came for a family trip , the team at the front desk, concierge and dining room were very friendly and helpfull. Breakfast was very good.
Guest relation were very helpful before and during our stay. We will come again with pleasure .

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Eran,
Thank you for your kind review.
I was delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us and we very much look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I really like this hotel, it has a really nice relaxed feel when you walk in. The location is great - just round the corner from Green Park tube meaning you can get to everywhere in central London easily. The reception staff are good, there were sweets in the lobby when we checked in which went down very well!! We stayed in a family room which had 2 bathrooms which was useful as there was myself and 2 friends staying and there was a tv in one of the bathrooms!! Very impressed!! Basically I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Thank you for your review and I was so pleased to hear you and your friends enjoyed your stay at The May Fair and liked the family room you were allocated.
We do hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Lovely room, beautiful big comfortable bed, nice service, excellent atmosphere in the bar and fab dj. You can only use the spa as part of a package at an extra charge, and breakfast was £30 each so we didn't bother with that. Lovely breakfast round the corner for 1/4 of the price.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review and I was delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us and we do hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

The hotel lived up to all expectations without providing anything particularly special. The hotel has a busy, polished feel and is in a great location for central London. Right next to the tube, near shops, bars, amazing restaurants and a great area for wandering around.

The room was a little smaller than I expected but was nice especially the bathroom. i was on the top floor and heard no traffic noise but the banging of doors in the morning was so loud and horrible!

The price of the hotel was good, but the restaurant. bar and room service are expensive. Breakfast wasn't included and although it was good service was really poor. The staff in the actual hotel were efficient and friendly though.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Maddie,
Thank you for your review and I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your overall stay with us. Thank you for your additional feedback which I will most certainly take on board and thank you for bringing this to my attention.
I do hope this will not deter you from returning to The May Fair on a future occasion.
In the meantime, I send my best wishes,