The May Fair Hotel
  • Breakfast included
The Fox Club(London)
  • Room Service
5,027 results
All reviewsmayfair hotelmayfair bargreen parkthe guest relations managerbond streetdeluxe roombuckingham palaceconcierge desklarge bathroomfamily roomthe ritzan upgradefantastic locationafternoon teawest endhyde parktube station
Reviewed 17 August 2014

we was staying a week ago. when we arrived we was upgraded to Junior Suit. Wow... the room was amazing very, very spacious, with 2 huge TV, lovely UK flag fridge full with bubbles :) Bathroom was very clean and large. Bathrooms products "Essential Elements" was amazing. You have IPad for use in the room, where you can do everything by it, control room temperature, order room service, book table in restaurant. Is amazing and experience was getting better :) Restaurant!!!! what a choice of sea food, and meet all keep for 28 days. food and service was just amazing. We had best meal in wonderful atmosphere with most helpful staff. Beds super comfortable. Breakfast ... what a choice!!! From healthy fresh to full English Breakfast. Highly recommend! Thank you all, hotel staff, for making our stay so amazing!!!! we will be back!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thank you for your review and I was delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and the Junior Suite you were allocated.
Thank you also for your compliments about our new addition, The May Fair Kitchen. I was so pleased to hear you enjoyed your experience.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

I booked a wrong date by mistake online. As I was going to a wedding I needed to stay there. I phone the hotel the day before the wedding to find out that I put the wrong date on my booking and I was informed the hotel is fully booked. I asked if I can get a refund but I was informed that my booking was made under advance purchase rate and cannot get a refund nor change the date. Then I wrote an email to the manager. As a 'gesture of goodwill' they agreed to change the date. I phoned the reservation numerous occasion but was unable to get someone on the phone for 3 hours. In fact I don't need to stay in London but I am forced to stay there because I cant get my money back. While I was able to get someone on the phone, there was no professionalism and customer service.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Raden M
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Raden,
Thank you for your review which I was most disappointed to read.
Our Front of House Manager has tried to make contact with you to no avail and may I therefore ask if you would be so kind as to call the Hotel, when you have a moment, so you can speak with him directly.
Thank you Raden.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

We stayed at the hotel on Carlson points and they gave us a really spacious room on the 8th floor. Really comfortable bed and plenty of space in the room. Very well equipped bathroom and well designed shower, so that you could control the water temperature without having to stand in it! All the basics and all the extras that you could need were in the room and it had a kettle, rather than one of those stupid coffee makers, so you can make a proper cup of tea. Restaurant also good for breakfast.

Room Tip: Being a member of the Carlson Club may be an advantage as it is a Radisson hotel.
2  Thank phil0047

Dear Phil,
Thank you for your review and I was delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Your compliments were a pleasure to read and we do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Booked a twin bedded room on the 5th august for myself and a business associate. When we arrived at 5 o'clock we were informed that the room was not ready ! After a long day that was not what I wanted to hear ! We left and went elsewhere .5 star hotel maybe certainly not 5star service ! To compound matters when complained a couple of days later ,I received a very standard apology from customer relations .very poor show altogether .

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Maurice M
Reviewed 12 August 2014

we stayed at The Mayfair for 2 night for our wedding anniversary, the hotel upgraded us to a deluxe room which was massive for a capital city hotel room.
check-in was fine, room was ready, the house keeping in this hotel is excellent. we used to spa, not really a proper spa, more sauna, steam room, relaxation with 5 beds & treatment rooms.
treatments were ok, not bad & not brilliant. London hotel
We ate in the hotel one of the nights, the service was excellent, the maitre'd or restaurant manger, I think his name was Martin, a Polish guy but with a French accent was superb, advising on wines & foods etc. the restaurant is excellent value, big portions with cheaper than the average London hotel restaurant price.
Breakfast was good, a varied choice.
only bad point was the queue to check out.
overall a great positioned, good value, 5 star London hotel

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Thank you for your review and I was delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us in celebration of your Wedding Anniversary.
Your compliments were a pleasure to read and I am so pleased you enjoyed our May Fair Kitchen and especially the service you received from Martin.
We do hope to welcome you back very soon.