The May Fair Hotel
US$233
US$370
US$290
  • Room Service
Park Grand London Lancaster Gate(London)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$270
Priceline
  • Pool
4,981 results
All reviewsmayfair hotelmayfair bargreen parkthe guest relations managerbond streetdeluxe roombuckingham palaceconcierge desklarge bathroomfamily roomthe ritzan upgradefantastic locationafternoon teawest endhyde parktube station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 September 2009

I've stayed at the May Fair several times and it's been mostly ok.

First the good:

Great location, very nice bar and restaurant and great service in both. Rooms are good and have B&O televisions and free Wi-Fi.

The bad:

The rooms overlooking Berkeley Street are ridiculously noisy at night between midnight and 4am. When I stayed in June I specifically asked NOT to have one of these rooms, but was given one anyway. Having a four year old in tow I didn't complain until the next day. We got a smaller room that was ok, but absolutely quiet enough.

At checkout, the assistant manager only gave me £20 off the bill when I insisted that the room rates were different. He was rubbish and in complete contrast to the excellent staff in the restaurant and bar.

Other times I've stayed on my own or for a wedding and apart from the noisy rooms all has been fine (and weekend rates are pretty good).

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
MayFairHotel, Charles P. Oak - General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2009

Dear Reviewer

Further to your recent stay at the May Fair Hotel I am in receipt of your feedback which you very kindly took the time to complete online.

I would like to thank you for providing suched a balanced review, I am sure this will prove very useful to anyone looking to make an informed choice on whioch hotel to use.

Reviewed 8 September 2009

The moment you walk in you know that this hotel experience is going to be a an excellent one. The website clearly gives justice to the style and ambience a real statement! You are made to feel like a VIP as soon as you check in, the staff are attentive and nothing is a problem. when you arrive at your room the theme continues with attention to detail (KIng Deluxe Room) is superb from the B&O TV, Ipod Doc, comfortable Bed and quality fixtures and fittings. I did feel like a King! albeit for one night. The May Fair bar is a great place to take in the atmosphere of the Hotel, a real buzz!! and if your hungry the Amber Restaurant I would suggest you try if you're not venturing out.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business

Dear Reviewer

Thank you so much for taking the time to share such a positive review, I am thrilled to read we were able to make you feel like a king (albeit momentarily!).

Your review serves as a great motivator to the team here at the Hotel.

I would like to thank you for this very helpful feedback and I sincerely hope with have an opportunity of welcoming you back to the May Fair sometime in the future.

Reviewed 7 September 2009

First of all: If you're looking for a quit business hotel don't bother looking into the May Fair. The last years the hotel has become a celebrity hot spot and therefore the hotel is buzzin'. The location is very central, just of piccadilly and close to all the shops and parks. Our deluxe room (621) was large for London standards and fitted a nice kingsize bed. Bathroom with separete shower, nice and spacious.
The staff was overall very friendly, the doormen were helpfull keeping the photographers ands fans outside...

Nice and trendy bar with great food (take the bento box for two) and some nice wines by the glass (try the Villa Maria Sauv Blanc, best sauv for the buck in imho).

We skipped the hotelbreakfast and tried some places in the neighborhood (try napket snob food, great!)

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer

I would like to thank you for you feedback, and I am glad that overall you found the hotel to be to your liking.

It is essential we recieve comprhensive feedback such as yours to ensure we constantly monitor our standards and procedures to eliminate errors.

Reviewed 5 September 2009

I stayed in the mayfair hotel and enjoyed every bit of it, great hotel, modern furniture, very clean, lovely staff, and good location
The rooms are spacious and very clean, the furniture is new and very chic, the staff are very helpful and friendly
i would totally recommend this hotel to anyone who is going to london

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family

Dear Reviewer

Your review serves as a great motivator to the team here at the Hotel and I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and sharing your thoughts on this site..

Reviewed 4 September 2009

Judgeing by the Paperazzi camped outside, lots of celebs stay here!
We arn't but were upgraded to the May Fair from another hotel, and were not dissapointed. It perhaps struggles a little to be true five star, but overall a very pleasant stay and located 100 mtres from Green Park tube staion giving good access to greater London.
Our room, 350, faced a side street that was noisy around 2.00 am. but were light sleepers anyway.
On a casual mention to a waitress at breakfast(formal english...delicious!) , within minutes we were approached by the duty manager to see if we wished to be allocated another room. Thats impressive.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the May Fair Hotel during your recent visit to the London.

I sicnerely appreciate you taking the time to share your review. Feedback such as this is essential to ensure we constantly monitor our standards and procedures to eliminate errors and your remarks offer a very balanced review.

I am sorry you were disturbed during the evening by noise coming from Berkley Street, I can assure you should you return to the hotel we would do our best to locate you in a quieter location.