“Contemporary, Comfortable, Convenient.”

Ranked #210 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Berkshire
“Contemporary, Comfortable, Convenient.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2009

Only stayed one night in a big, comfy, bed. Nice Bathroom. Good Breakfast buffet, hot food cooked to order.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
MayFairHotel, Charles P. Oak at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this review, 6 November 2009
Dear Reviewer

Further to your recent stay at the May Fair Hotel I am in receipt of your feedback which you very kindly took the time to complete online.

Your review serves as a great motivator to the team here at the Hotel.

I would like to thank you for this very helpful feedback and I sincerely hope with have an opportunity of welcoming you back to the May Fair sometime in the future.

Charles P. Oak

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (522)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ottawa, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2009

This was an outstanding hotel...clean, great service and location. In particular the concierge staff members were attentive, accessible and very knowledgable.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
Italy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2009

I had chosen this hotel just for the position and for the good report seen in Trip Advisor but unfortunately was a terrible experience.
Though a friend i booked 2 normal room because an upgrade was promised due to big avaibility of the hotel. Instead no upgrade at arrival despite a Silver card of Gold Point Plus showed at the check in.
At 4 pm, one of the two room was not ready, the luggage stand 20 minutes alone in the lobby, and after 15 minutes they gave as the 350 room (one of the worst and smallest). The room was small and noisy in the night (3 floor just in front of Nobu and other clubs and restaurant).
They didn't clean the day after because we forgot to use MAKE UP ROOM botton, and when we did at 8.30pm was too late.
The last day we ask a late check out at 3pm just for one room to leave our luggage and use bathroom but they asked 20 GBP each our.
Finally, just 3 lifts,always busy, often the key card wasn't working. A man who worked there said that always happens.
Forget it if you are looking for luxury and enjoy other hotel in this wonderful city

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple

Feedback such as this is essential to ensure we constantly monitor our standards and procedures to eliminate errors.

Naturally I was very disturbed to read the catalogue of errors and problems you encountered during your stay with us. Please accept my sincere apologies, it would be churlish of me to try and justify the myriad of incidents you had to endure.

Please be assured that I take your complaint extremely seriously and these issues have been brought to the attention of the relevant Heads of Department, along with the entire larger management team.

With regard to your complaint about the noise coming from the street, I am deeply upset that after such poor service you were also inconvenienced by this.

Naturally I fully appreciate that you are now reluctant to return to the May Fair but I would like to stress that complaints of this nature are rare and that we would welcome the chance to change your current perception.

Belfast
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2009

My wife and I have just returned from a two night break in the May Fair Hotel, London.
It is just minutes walk from the Green Park tube station, had a good sized bedroom (we stayed in a deluxe room with terrace), a lovely restaurant (where Mel B, ie ex Spice Girl ,was at the next table!) and two good bars.

I would definitely stay here again when next in London.

Dear Reviewer

I am delighted you had such an enjoyable stay and was even able to do alittle star stopping!

Edinburgh
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2009

Having wanted to stay at this hotel for many years I finally got the chance. I had looked on their website to enquire about rooms and prices. Not understanding how to book a twin deluxe (I could only see superior twin) I called the reservation directly. I told the person on the phone my wish and told them I needed a twin room (I would have been visiting with my father). I was told the price would be £722.20. A double Deluxe would have cost £488 and once I asked why was there such a steep difference in price when only two people would be staying in the room (eg like a double only the fact I wanted a twin room) I was told very rudely and abruptly that, and I quote "well if you can't afford the price I have stated why are you interested in staying at this type of hotel" and the phone was put down on me.

I have been extreamly upset about the comments. I no way was I ignorant or angry towards the member of staff (whose name I cannot remember as I was so shocked at the time) and I did not expect to be spoke to in that way. I have stayed at Radisson hotels before and never had any troubles but this has extreamly upset me.

If you want to stay at this hotel you better let the Hotel see your bank balance first as they don't seem to want "other" people to use their hotel.

• Stayed October 2009
2 Thank ThePromise27
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2009

This is a decent hotel in central London.

The rooms include an iPod dock and are spacious. The view from the windows is of the windows of the other rooms of the hotel.

They provide room service breakfast at no additional cost.

• Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
MayFairHotel, Charles P. Oak - General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this review, 21 October 2009
Dear Reviewer

Further to your recent stay at the May Fair Hotel I am in receipt of your comments which I would like to thank you for, this feedback is an essential tool for members of the public looking to make an informed decision as to where to stay when in London.

I am glad that you felt the hotel was overal well equipped, I note your comment about the rooms having no views, and although this is true of the inner facing rooms we do have a variety of different rooms which enjoy different aspects and would gladly try to accomodate your preference should you be returning.

Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2009

Close to the underground and conveniently located in the central part of London.
All hotel ammenities were great - staff very friendly.

Dear Reviewer

I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel to be convieniently located.