“Good value, Even at this price”
Review of The May Fair Hotel

The May Fair Hotel
Ranked #224 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 3 November 2009

Simply great place for a London shopping/Theatre treat. I like staying in Mayfair, and this place (second trip here) doesn't dissapoint. It is glamorous and rooms are decent size, service great, and not too snobby. After a great mohito and martini at the hotel bar we walked around aimlessly for a restaurant (there were plenty, we are just useless at deciding), could not decide where to go, and ended up back at the Amber restaurant in the hotel - great meal. Its a very good place to treat the missus, and you won't feel out of place. OK, the bar is not cheap (£9 for a good cocktail) and restaurant isnt bdget (£90 for two with wine and 2 courses) but it was very good value, especially for London. If you can get a room for £200 then its value, less stuffy than the Westbury (still v good) and the restaurant and service are better.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
MayFairHotel, Charles P. Oak at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2009

Dear Reviewer

Thank you so much for staying at the May Fair Hotel, and for taking the time to share your feedback online.

I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and got to take in a show.

Charles P. Oak

Write a ReviewReviews (4,899)

Reviewed 3 November 2009

My partner and i stayed at The Mayfair last sunday the first of november 2009.We chose one of their allergy friendly rooms.The reception staff were very friendly and welcoming.
Our room was very nice indeed,not much of a view but clean and fresh.We had a drink at the bar which was great,even on a sunday evening it had real atmosphere.
The hotel is in a lovely location,handy for just about everything.We both had a very comfortable and pleasant night's sleep.A real delight.The mayfair is definately a five star
experience! Ms A lediard ,Bath ,England.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
MayFairHotel, Charles P. Oak at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2009

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for choosing the May Fair Hotel for your recent stay in London. We very much appreciate you taken the time to complete your review online to share with others.

I am delighted you got to experience our new allergy friendly room and glad it meet your expectations.

I would like to thank you for this very helpful feedback and I sincerely hope with have an opportunity of welcoming you back to the May Fair sometime in the future.

Reviewed 2 November 2009

Only stayed one night in a big, comfy, bed. Nice Bathroom. Good Breakfast buffet, hot food cooked to order.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer

Further to your recent stay at the May Fair Hotel I am in receipt of your feedback which you very kindly took the time to complete online.

Your review serves as a great motivator to the team here at the Hotel.

Reviewed 29 October 2009

This was an outstanding hotel...clean, great service and location. In particular the concierge staff members were attentive, accessible and very knowledgable.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 October 2009

I had chosen this hotel just for the position and for the good report seen in Trip Advisor but unfortunately was a terrible experience.
Though a friend i booked 2 normal room because an upgrade was promised due to big avaibility of the hotel. Instead no upgrade at arrival despite a Silver card of Gold Point Plus showed at the check in.
At 4 pm, one of the two room was not ready, the luggage stand 20 minutes alone in the lobby, and after 15 minutes they gave as the 350 room (one of the worst and smallest). The room was small and noisy in the night (3 floor just in front of Nobu and other clubs and restaurant).
They didn't clean the day after because we forgot to use MAKE UP ROOM botton, and when we did at 8.30pm was too late.
The last day we ask a late check out at 3pm just for one room to leave our luggage and use bathroom but they asked 20 GBP each our.
Finally, just 3 lifts,always busy, often the key card wasn't working. A man who worked there said that always happens.
Forget it if you are looking for luxury and enjoy other hotel in this wonderful city

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple

Feedback such as this is essential to ensure we constantly monitor our standards and procedures to eliminate errors.

Naturally I was very disturbed to read the catalogue of errors and problems you encountered during your stay with us. Please accept my sincere apologies, it would be churlish of me to try and justify the myriad of incidents you had to endure.

Please be assured that I take your complaint extremely seriously and these issues have been brought to the attention of the relevant Heads of Department, along with the entire larger management team.

With regard to your complaint about the noise coming from the street, I am deeply upset that after such poor service you were also inconvenienced by this.

Naturally I fully appreciate that you are now reluctant to return to the May Fair but I would like to stress that complaints of this nature are rare and that we would welcome the chance to change your current perception.

Reviewed 24 October 2009

My wife and I have just returned from a two night break in the May Fair Hotel, London.
It is just minutes walk from the Green Park tube station, had a good sized bedroom (we stayed in a deluxe room with terrace), a lovely restaurant (where Mel B, ie ex Spice Girl ,was at the next table!) and two good bars.

I would definitely stay here again when next in London.

Dear Reviewer

I am delighted you had such an enjoyable stay and was even able to do alittle star stopping!

Reviewed 22 October 2009

Having wanted to stay at this hotel for many years I finally got the chance. I had looked on their website to enquire about rooms and prices. Not understanding how to book a twin deluxe (I could only see superior twin) I called the reservation directly. I told the person on the phone my wish and told them I needed a twin room (I would have been visiting with my father). I was told the price would be £722.20. A double Deluxe would have cost £488 and once I asked why was there such a steep difference in price when only two people would be staying in the room (eg like a double only the fact I wanted a twin room) I was told very rudely and abruptly that, and I quote "well if you can't afford the price I have stated why are you interested in staying at this type of hotel" and the phone was put down on me.

I have been extreamly upset about the comments. I no way was I ignorant or angry towards the member of staff (whose name I cannot remember as I was so shocked at the time) and I did not expect to be spoke to in that way. I have stayed at Radisson hotels before and never had any troubles but this has extreamly upset me.

If you want to stay at this hotel you better let the Hotel see your bank balance first as they don't seem to want "other" people to use their hotel.

• Stayed: October 2009