“If you get what you pay for... I should have paid more!”
Review of The May Fair Hotel

The May Fair Hotel
Ranked #210 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Bagram, Afghanistan
“If you get what you pay for... I should have paid more!”
Reviewed 9 June 2010

I travel more than the average person and have stayed in accomodations ranging from hostels to some of the FINEST 5* hotels in the world. May Fair does not disappoint. From the friendly and accomodating doormen, the welcome phone call to ensure everything in the room is right, the assistance in finding dining/dancing locations you are in the care of some of the best trained staff I've ever met! And, maybe I just caught a good day but they actually seemed to LIKE their jobs!

The lobby decor was comfortable and trendy while living up to 5* expectations with fresh flowers, plush seating and marble everything. The room was huge by standards of which you usually find in the middle of big cities. The bathroom was nearly as big and very well equipt. The bed was comfortable and stylish with the accessorizing room seating pieces being equally as stylish.

Finally, the location was spot on! A block from the underground (easy accessability to/from Heathrow), close to great shopping, parks, bars, everything you need to make your London stay fantastic!

In the end, I only stayed one night and left wishing I could extend my holiday to stay a bit longer! It was, without doubt, the best time I'd ever had in London.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
MayFairHotel, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2010
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for such a wonderful review, it is feedback such as this which really inspires me and my team.

We strive to ensure each and every guest leaves us feeling that they have been truly taken care of in informal but luxurious surroundings. It gives me great pleasure to read that every aspect of your stay was more that satisfactory.

I would like to thank you for this feedback and I sincerely hope we have an opportunity of welcoming you back to the May Fair sometime in the future for more of the same!

Charles P. Oak

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (550)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brighton, UK
Reviewed 8 June 2010

I stayed at The May Fair with a group of friends as part of a hen weekend and had a truly wonderful stay. The rooms were well equipped and smartly decorated, with attention to detail. The service we received was also excellent. A special mention must also go to the fabulous breakfast which we all thoroughly enjoyed - delicious! Would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
Dear Reviewer

Further to your recent 'Hen Party; stay at the May Fair Hotel I am in receipt of your feedback which you very kindly took the time to complete online.

Thrilled to read you and the fellow Hens had fun and enjoyed a hearty breakfast. Sincerely hope to see you all back at the hotel soon.

Bristol
Reviewed 8 June 2010

I loved my stay at the May Fair Hotel. The hotel is striking, elegant and very clean. The staff are so friendly and helpful. The rooms are enormous with spectacular bathrooms - loved the shiny black marble floors. The breakfast was delicious and so much selection. An amazing location close to the tube and right in the heart of London. Great value for money and I would recommend to anyone wanting to treat themselves.
Thank you!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
Dear Reviewer

I would like to thank you for such a positive review of the hotel, this is very much appreciated.

Feedback such as this is essential to ensure we constantly monitor our standards and procedures to eliminate errors, and also to motivate the team and reward when a job is well done.

I would like to thank you for this very helpful feedback and I sincerely hope we have an opportunity of welcoming you back to the May Fair sometime in the future.

Berkshire
Reviewed 8 June 2010

What a wonderful stay at the May Fair! The hotel lobby set the tone with plush furnishing and trendy seats. The staff were very professional and friendly and nothing was too much trouble. Wonderfully comfortable rooms and lovely high spec bathroom with walk in shower and tv in the bath!

The hotel location is ideal, right in the heart of Mayfair and a 2 minute walk to Green Park tube station, but still in a quiet side road.

The breakfast was amazing, with large cold buffet and cooked breakfast to order, and totally finished off a wonderful stay at this hotel.

Thoroughly recommend a stay here, whether with friends for a special occasion or for a romantic city break.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
Dear Reviewer

Delighted to read you had such an enjoyable stay with us.

It is our aim to provide all guests with the best possible service, amenities and atmosphere and it is hugely gratifying to read that we ticked all boxes.

Your review serves as a great motivator to the team here at the Hotel.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 7 June 2010

I booked a King Suite and since i arrived on a TA flight at 8 AM i was dreading the "come back in 3-5 hours speech" but they gave me a regular room to change and relax while i waited for my room. I certainly cant gurantee that they would do that for everyone but I have stayed in 8-10 different London Hotels and this was my favorite BY Far regardless of the early check in. The only other hotel that comes close is the Soho Hotel but this location is far superior---a block down from Green Park and 50 yards from the Picadilly tube that goes to Heathrow and Convent Garden. I have read some reviews here about how Nobu is close/noisy and that there are some paparazzi that hang out once in awhile but in my opinion it all adds the ambience of the place and I didnt find the noise a factor at all.

Its modern and comfortable (certainly not old english if thats what you want go to the Reubens) and they will do anything you ask and everyone I interacted with was friendly and professional. The bathrooms are almost too big and the beds are perfect.

I had an itinterary in my trip that i was supposed to leave London and come back 1 day later and I was to stay at another hotel. The side trip got cancelled and i was so happy with the hotel that I extended my stay and ate the cost of the other hotel (as i booked it on a prepaid site). THAT is a recommendation! I will without a doubt stay at the May Fair hotel on my next trip as the combination of the quality/price and location is unmatched!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
Dear Houdini!

Thank you for your thorough and kind review.

It is hugely motivational to me and the team to read that not only did you enjoy your time at the May Fair, you actually took the financial hit of having another pre paid hotel in favour of staying with us - as you say recommendation indeed!

Such a glowing review is why I choose to work in this industry and I sincerely hope to see you back in the May Fair sometime in the future.

Lincolnshire, Uk
Reviewed 3 June 2010

The moment we arrived we were greeted with a smile from the welcoming reception staff. We arrived early and it was no problem to leave our luggage with the staff. The reception area is classy. When we arrived later in the day we were again greeted with the same experience as earlier. The room was larger than other luxury hotels we have stayed in, in London. The room was very clean. The bathroom was again larger than most. At breakfast the next morning nothing was too much to ask . The staff were very friendly. There is a cold buffet breakfast and hot breakfast was cooked to individual orders. Thank you May Fair we look forward to staying with you again.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer

Further to your recent stay at the May Fair Hotel I am in receipt of your feedback which you very kindly took the time to complete online.

Feedback such as this is essential to ensure we constantly monitor our standards and procedures to eliminate errors, and I am delighted to read that from the arrival to the breakfast you found our service and hotel to be most enjoyable.

We strive to exceed guest expectations and are thrilled that in many areas we did.

Hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Stuttgart
Reviewed 1 June 2010

Room and bathroom were very large. Bed was comfortable.

Street noise was terrible even though we were on the 8th floor. The door to the hallway was not sealed very well and anytime someone walked by it sounded like they were in the room.

Only ate breakfast there one morning (even though it was included in our room rate) because we had to wait almost 20 minutes for a table and the buffet was not re-stocked very well during our breakfast.

One shining star: the service manager on shift when we checked in the afternoon of May 27- we had a mix-up with our room rate - we booked a special package on the internet, but the reservation with the hotel did not show the extras (free breakfast/internet etc). He fixed this immediately and followed up with us several times to make sure all was OK during our stay.

Nothing exceptional about this hotel except the location - 2 minute walk to Green Park tube stop (Picadilly Line which goes directly to Heathrow!).

WIll look for another hotel for our next trip to London.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
MayFairHotel, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2010
Dear Reviewer

I am in receipt of your feedback which you very kindly took the time to complete online, for which I thank you. Feedback, good or bad is imperative to our business so we can establish where we are failing to delivery and address it.

I note your comments about the noise and would like to update you to advise we have recently undertaken works to fit additional secondary glazing to eliminate these issues.

Thank you for ackowledging the good customer service and efforts of our Duty Manager, this is very much appreciated.

Naturally I am saddened to read that you would not be returning to the May Fair in the future as I feel confident we would be able to alter your current perception.