“Expected more from a Jumeirah...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel

Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel
Ranked #264 of 1,086 Hotels in London
Dublin, Ireland
“Expected more from a Jumeirah...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

I was looking forward to my first stay at a Jumeirah Hotel and unfortunately it didn’t live up to the billing, appears to be more of a (good standard) B & B with limited services available on site. Not at all the luxury & facilities that may have been at the Jumeirah Carlton Towers just around the corner on Sloane Sq.
Room was a little tired with some of the fittings coming away from the wall and water stained shelves & panelling in the bathroom.
Staff were pleasant & helpful both at check in and throughout my stay. The bed was very comfortable, so a good night’s sleep anyway! Location was very convenient to Sloane St, Hyde Park, Brompton Road, Harrods etc

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JumeirahGroup, General Manager at Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us and whilst I am pleased that you enjoyed the service from our colleagues and had a good night's slep I am obvously disappointed that we did not live up to your expectations. During your stay and as I write we are refurbishing in three phases all of the bedrooms and bedroom corridors that will address the issues that you raised, but I am sorry that the quality of the rooms was not as you expected. As a smaller Jumeirah hotel, we do not have al the facilities found at other properties but we do provide access to them at our sister property, the Jumeirah Carlton Tower, just across the road. I am sorry that this was not clear. However, from Easter onwards all our rooms will be fully refurbished and I hope that there might be some hope of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to do this and thank you again for taking the time to let us know your thoughts. Ian Richardson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

I greatly enjoyed my two night stay. I found the level of service throughout the hotel to be excellent. The breakfast buffet and dinner in the Bar & Kitchen Restaurant were also excellent. Again, the service was excellent as well as the quality of the food. Very convenient Knightsbridge location on a quiet street. Easy access to local shopping, restaurants and tube stop. Room was good size with all needed amenities including twice daily housekeeping service. Front desk individual escorted me to my room on check in to show me where everything was. Only drawback was that my room had no view (facing the rear), but then I did not go to London to sit in my room and look out the window. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JumeirahGroup, General Manager at Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Thank you for your positive review and I am delighted that you enjoyed all elements of the hotel and its services - next time we will ensure that you get a room with a view!
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

My wife and I have just spent 2 nights at this lovely Hotel. Situated in the Knightsbridge area, The Lowndes Hotel is a very nice Boutique Hotel. We had an upgrade to a Jnr suite for our stay which was perfect .

The decor of the newly refurbished suites on the 6th Floor was excellent , we had a delightful stay in the heart of Knightsbridge , with everything you want on your door step.

The staff were exceptional from arriving to leaving they were very helpful in assisting / guiding us.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your kind words and I am delighted that you enjoyed our newly refurbished bedrooms and the location of the hotel - we hope that you will come back and see us again some time.
Chichester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

We have three Jumeirah choices!This was our second stay at Jumeirah Lowndes in the last three months, both to celebrate B/days, one pre-Christmas one just after . It is ideally situated for shopping!
We were greeted by name and warmly welcomed by concierge and reception. The room was comfortable; room service good and breakfast was superb
The hotel is under-going refurbishment and we look forward to future stays at Jumeirah Lowndes.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dubaiunlimited
Thank you very much for your kind review and on behalf of the whole team I would like to thank you for your positive comments regarding your stays with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

This hotel is ideally located on a quiet street off of Knightsbridge so shops and Hyde Park are just moments away. Staff are incredibly warm and welcoming and our stay was very comfortable. As we were celebrating a birthday, it was extremely thoughtful and generous to find a complementary bottle of wine and a box of chocolates in our room.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your kind review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your birthday stay with us. Thank you also for your kind comments regarding the team here, it is very much appreciated.
kent, england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

We have just spent a night at the Jumeirah Lowndes hotel. Overall it was an excellent choice. It is perfectly located for Harrods, Sloane Sq, Kings Road, Brompton Road, Hyde Park etc. We ate at Gordon Ramsays Petrus restaurant which is a 2 minute walk. We arrived at 11.30 am and they checked us straight into our Deluxe King Room. This was a clean modern & surprisingly spacious room which nice bathroom and facilities. This is my first stay at a jumeirah hotel and I was impressed with the standards. Staying in this part of London is never cheap but this was worth it. They even gave us a bottle of wine for our anniversary.
If staying in London again I would chose this hotel.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank iain6700
JumeirahGroup, General Manager at Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Thank you for your review and I am pleased that we helped to make your anniversary stay with us enjoyable. We are well placed for the many opportunities in the local area to celebrate such an event, and hopefully we might see you again next year....?! Thank you for your kind words.
Doncaster
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

Just returned from a 2 night stay and can recommend this hotel. A small boutique type hotel in great location - Harrods just a 2 minute walk. As expected the hotel is is very clean. The staff extremely friendly with nothing too much trouble. The Rib Room at the Jumeirah Carlton Hotel just around the corner is an absolute must - great steak at a sensible price considering you are in Knightbridge.

Perhaps a little biased as, if I have the opportunity will always stay at a Jumeirah hotel but would certainly recommend this small professionally run hotel to anyone looking for quality and service.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your kind words and I am delighted that we delivered the standards of service that you have come to expect from a Jumeirah hotel. I will also pass your kind comments to my colleagues in the Rib Room who will be very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your meal there. Thank you for taking the time to write your review and we look forward to welcoming you back at some stage the future.