“1st Class Hotel”

Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel
Ranked #297 of 1,073 Hotels in London
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We have to say that this is the first time we have ever said that we cannot find a single fault with a hotel, and have decided to write up a report because this hotel deserves it, some body has put a lot of thought in this hotel.
So credit to where it is due, check in was1st class we arrived at 10.00am expecting to be asked to wait till noon to use the room, but it was available for us straight away and we were given the key. Really helpful polite staff (all of them right to the people dealing with evening turn down to the guy who opened the door for us each time we left or arrived). Quality of decor was new modern and expensive, we booked a superior room which was lovely. Large bed, lovely room, all the gadgets you could want including magimix coffee maker and mini bar, wifi, flat screen TV. The bathroom had an enamel bath (rare these days) that you could lay out in plus shower all perfect nothing worn or showing any sign of wear. The location was perfect 2min walk from Harvey Nick and a bit further to Harrods, same for the underground station, a 2min walk the other way found cafe and bars, and Motcomb street wine bar

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank wjneely
JumeirahGroup, General Manager at Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Thank you very much for such a positive review - the team are delighted to have provided a perfect stay for you. We hope that you will return soon!

There are newer reviews for Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel

Reviewed 4 April 2014

This hotel is outstanding in all respects. The service is impeccable - from the front desk and concierge to the late night room service. The rooms are beautifully furnished and immaculately maintained. It is nestled in a beautiful area of Knightsbridge among some of the best restaurants in London, quint shops and a few minutes walk from Hyde Park. I travel to London often for both business and pleasure and this is an outstanding hotel for both. They have a real passion for excellence.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your very positive review and we are delighted that we are able to provide you with a comfortable and enjoyable experience whether it be for business or leisure. Thank you also for recognising our passion for excellence - it is very much appreciated. Hopefully we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

This Belgravia/Knightsbridge venue is a small, boutique alike venue, smaller brother of Jumeirah Carlton Tower.
This makes it more personal and more quiet. We had no problems with renovations on second floor. We got new rooms with balcony facing courtyard.
Staff is very attentive, especially concierge Robert and young gentleman serving breakfast on 22/23MAR.
Price? Absolute value for money minding location, and possibility of using Jumeirah Carlton Tower facilities as well.
Way to go!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ZGtomcat
JumeirahGroup, General Manager at Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Thank you for your positive feedback and I am pleased that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back at some stage in the future.

Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Service was extremely good. Cheerful front desk. Very helpful porter. Nice waitress. Location is convenient. No gym though but fine for a short stay for business. Looking forward to the next visit and will try in other locations.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Liza D

Thank you very much for your kind words and I am pleased that you enjoyed the service provided by the team and the location of the hotel. As a guest here you are entitled to use the full range of beautiful facilities at the Peak Health Club and Spa located 30 yards across the road at our sister property the Jumeirah Carlton Tower, and I hope that you get the chance to experience them should you choose to return to us at some stage in the future. On behalf of the team I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I stayed with my wife at the JLH for 5 nights in March 2014. The hotel is perfectly located within 5 min walk from Harrod's, and 3 min from the Tube. Its surrounded by a wide variety of food outlets and cafes. The rooms we large (In UK standards), squeaky clean, with very comfortable beds. Rooms have an espresso machine, complimentary umbrella, alarm clock, TV with a good channel selection, and complete bathroom amenities. The hotel also offers turndown service and a bucket of ice each night.

The staff was extremely friendly all throughout the stay and very helpful. The hotel is not cheap but given London standards, definitely gave us the best bang for our buck.

The hotel also provides free access to the Spa and fitness center in the adjacent Jumeirah Carlton hotel, but sadly i did not have the time to visit either with all of London waiting out for me. I would be staying there again and again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your very positive review of your recent stay and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much and felt that we provided good value for money. I hope that we might welcome you back again at some stage in the future when maybe you could experience the fantastic Peak Health Club and Spa that you mention at our sister property. Thank you again for your kind words.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

I was looking forward to my first stay at a Jumeirah Hotel and unfortunately it didn’t live up to the billing, appears to be more of a (good standard) B & B with limited services available on site. Not at all the luxury & facilities that may have been at the Jumeirah Carlton Towers just around the corner on Sloane Sq.
Room was a little tired with some of the fittings coming away from the wall and water stained shelves & panelling in the bathroom.
Staff were pleasant & helpful both at check in and throughout my stay. The bed was very comfortable, so a good night’s sleep anyway! Location was very convenient to Sloane St, Hyde Park, Brompton Road, Harrods etc

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
JumeirahGroup, General Manager at Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us and whilst I am pleased that you enjoyed the service from our colleagues and had a good night's slep I am obvously disappointed that we did not live up to your expectations. During your stay and as I write we are refurbishing in three phases all of the bedrooms and bedroom corridors that will address the issues that you raised, but I am sorry that the quality of the rooms was not as you expected. As a smaller Jumeirah hotel, we do not have al the facilities found at other properties but we do provide access to them at our sister property, the Jumeirah Carlton Tower, just across the road. I am sorry that this was not clear. However, from Easter onwards all our rooms will be fully refurbished and I hope that there might be some hope of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to do this and thank you again for taking the time to let us know your thoughts. Ian Richardson

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I greatly enjoyed my two night stay. I found the level of service throughout the hotel to be excellent. The breakfast buffet and dinner in the Bar & Kitchen Restaurant were also excellent. Again, the service was excellent as well as the quality of the food. Very convenient Knightsbridge location on a quiet street. Easy access to local shopping, restaurants and tube stop. Room was good size with all needed amenities including twice daily housekeeping service. Front desk individual escorted me to my room on check in to show me where everything was. Only drawback was that my room had no view (facing the rear), but then I did not go to London to sit in my room and look out the window. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
JumeirahGroup, General Manager at Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Thank you for your positive review and I am delighted that you enjoyed all elements of the hotel and its services - next time we will ensure that you get a room with a view!