“Great Staff, Perfect Location, lovely hotel”

Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel
Ranked #253 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We love this hotel :-) It is perfectly situated and the staff are great, friendly and helpful. Nothing is too much bother and they go out of thier way to make your stay pleasant.

Would certainly recommend this hotel and we will definately be back.

Thanks for another stay in London.

Sharon Jones & Andrew Henshall

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharon J

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We experienced a wonderful stay at this hotel for our 8th wedding anniversary, on which we took our daughter too.
Location is fantastic, just off the main road with designer shops a few seconds away and tube very close by. We parked our car in the underground car park, very steep at £55 overnight but that's London prices for you. A shame it isn't inclusive for hotel guests.
Check in was efficient and welcoming, with refreshments and a cool towel for us each to freshen up with. We didn’t dine there or try the afternoon tea but would have liked to.
It didn't seem to be very busy and the overall impression was of discretion, luxury and peace.
We made full use of the swimming pool which our daughter loved, it's compact but sleek and luxurious with plenty of towels, drinking water options and swimming kit. The glass roof is great and was especially good on the rainy Sunday morning whilst we were relaxing in the gorgeous whirlpool. Changing room and gym facilities are excellent, with lots of provisions so as to minimise inconvenience to you. Staff are efficient and considerate to your needs.
Our room was amazing, we had an exec suite and loved the sitting and dining area with gorgeous furnishings. Everything was thought of and catered for. The bed was huge and just unbelievably comfortable with soft thick pillows in a choice of sizes and styles. The staff had made arrangements for our anniversary and we were greeted with a beautiful flower arrangement, ordered by and paid for by my husband for me, but with choc truffles and a card from the hotel, and a gift for our daughter (a soft toy and a selection of sweets and cookies). The bathroom shower was the best I've ever seen with a huge overhead rainfall feature. I loved the full sized Ren toiletries, pure class.
Would love to come back soon. Unfortunately it's expensive, as you might expect, so I would need to save it for a special treat.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2014

My wife and I selected this hotel due to its excellent location in the centre of London and the great reviews it has received to stay to celebrate our anniversary. We were not disappointed!

The hotel is luxurious, modern and well kept. All staff at the hotel were immensely friendly, helpful and very knowledgeable of the surrounding area.

The room we stayed in was of a decent size and had everything that that a person would need, very modern and the cleanliness was impeccable throughout. The room also benefited from a balcony overlooking the park. Within our room we had hand written welcome message from the hotel manager, which I thought was a nice touch, also a complementary Spa set, flowers, chocolates and London Eye tickets.

Access to the Peak Health Club & Spa was included in our room, however, unfortunately we did not have enough time in our day to visit.

We did however venture to the restaurant and found the food to be of a very high standard.
Overall my wife and I had a magnificent experience at Jumeirah lowndes Hotel, one I will be repeating in the future. Thank you to all the staff who made it so special.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed for one night at the Jumeirah Lowndes hotel for our Wedding Anniversary. I had booked the hotel through laterooms.com, which didn't allow for a room + breakfast rate.

I subsequently contacted the hotel in order to see if I could pre-arrange to add breakfast on, or to see if there were any special packages I could add in order to make our anniversary stay that bit more special.

I received extremely fast and courteous responses from the staff manning the computers, who were able to immediately provide me with information and PDF documents detailing the breakfast menus' etc. and was told that, as a special treat, the hotel would like to offer us a complimentary bottle of wine, as a congratulations.

I thought this was just wonderful. That was until I arrived at the hotel.

Upon checking in, we were informed that, *as well* as the complimentary bottle of wine, we has been selected for their Special Upgrade Package!

This entailed;

1. FREE room upgrade
2. FREE Full English Breakfast for 2
3. FREE £100 tab at the restaurant
4. Free Bottle of wine, box of chocolates, bunch of flowers and spa-gift set in the room
5. FREE Fast-track tickets for the London Eye!

...I could not believe it. It was astonishing, a wonderful wonderful surprise. It made our weekend absolutely perfect.

The room was beautiful, everything was clean and wonderfully decorated and arranged. The staff were absolutely the best, most friendly and attentive I have had the pleasure of dealing with. Every single one of them remembered to say "Happy Anniversary" to us, with a smile, at each part of our stay.

I absolutely would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone. And I think it will be a bit of an anniversary tradition now, to go back every year!

Room Tip: Rooms with balconies allow for smoking, with seating and ashtrays.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laura N
JLHmarketing, General Manager at Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Thank you for your positive review and we are delighted that you enjoyed your wedding anniversary so much - it was our pleasure to host you and thank you again for taking the time to let us know your feedback. Who knows...same time next year??!!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The Jumeirah Lowndes is a delight. The housekeeping is the best in the world........wonderful sheets, beds made (and really, properly made not just pulled together) twice a day and spotless everything. The cafe/ bar is a marvellous place either to eat alone or to meet friends and the staff are always welcoming and highly professional.
This was my second stay and I must say that the hotel has even improved since my last (very comfortable) visit.
And the location simply cannot be bettered.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for your kind words - especially regarding the housekeeping standards - it is really good to be able to pass this feedback on to the team as they work very hard to ensure that the rooms are in pristine condition. We look forward to your third stay!

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed there for 8 days, and it was great
Every thing is perfect. Great location and great hospitality. I liked the new decoration the hotel looks new from inside + good price, can't
It will be my fav hotel in London for sure

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your kind words and I am very pleased that you appreciated the changes we have made during the recent refurbishment. We look forward to welcoming you back at some stage in the future.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

This is the best value 5 star hotel in central London. My husband and I stay there 4 to 6 times a year anywhere from a day to a week and always experience the same great service and facilities. My husband likes the location being central to Belgravia and Knightsbridge and a cab ride to most anywhere in the city you want to go. I like being walking distance to the Knightsbridge Tube Station and walking distance to Harrods, Peter Jones and the Kings Road. I always feel safe at the Lowndes and the guests tend to be very civilized making for pleasant (not loud) surroundings. We walk over to the Carton Towers and use the pool, gym and spa facilities included in our room rate. I love the fact that I just go downstairs in the morning and have a lovely breakfast buffet or hot breakfast as I want and the waitstaff are consistent and remember what you and your spouse enjoy - delightful Americanos! There is so much change in life that I appreciate the Jumeirah consistency with their staff - always familiar faces well trained and helpful with a good professional manner. I cannot recommend the Jumeirah Lowndes highly enough! Enjoy!

Room Tip: Rooms on the back of the hotel are on a courtyard so quieter than the street side. Also, let them k...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for letting us know how much you enjoy staying with us and that you appreciate the constancy of the service that you recieve. We look forward to seeing you again soon.