All reviewscarlton towerharvey nicholssloane streetjumeirah groupknightsbridge tube stationhyde parksmall hotelnespresso machineroom servicelocation is greatminute walkcontinental breakfastquiet streetamazing hotelbuckingham palacestayed for one nightbooked this hotel
Reviewed 26 September 2014

Spoilt by staying in Carlton Tower, you can't help but hope that Lowndes will be the same- its not. Reception and the door staff need to up their game as the impression they give makes you want to turn around and leave- that being said, the room was ok and location cant be faulted.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank DubaiBelle
Reviewed 20 September 2014

This will be my hotel of choice in London when I travel there again. This was a very comfortable and luxurious hotel. It's clean, spacious, excellent customer service, and excellent amenities. The bed was extremely comfortable and the room was very quiet. The hotel is also located very close to all the shopping that London has to offer.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank CrystalBlue_10
Reviewed 17 September 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights in April with my Parents and Brother. The service was excellent and really made the trip special.
We go to London annually and now have been to a number of London hotels of the same stature and this has to be the best so far!
From your favourite tea or coffee taken out to you while sitting outside without even having to ask to the door man remembering your name, it really added to the whole feel of the hotel!
The restaurant staff as well was fantastic in particular the waiter who had worked for some time up in Aberdeen. The food served in the restaurant was amazing, for the first time during our trips to London we ate at the hotel restaurant for 2 nights! tip the starter risotto (if this is even still on the menu) being as delicious as it was is still quite heavy, don't expect to have a large main if you have this, I struggled!
The house keeping staff were a bit much though, we came back to the room after breakfast and they were still in the room. In all previous hotels they then leave and come back once you've gone again, this wasn't the case and it was a little awkward.
All in all a fantastic stay and will be visiting again very soon!

Sammy.

Stayed: September 2014
1  Thank Sammy D
Reviewed 3 September 2014

the location is great. the staff and service are wonderful. i booked it with continintal breakfast. unfortunatly the resturant employees was unpolite. they keep reminding me that it is continintal breakfast and it does not include egg or any extras. if they did not like this type of breakfast, why did they offer it to travel agencies?

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2014

My family and I had the misfortune of staying at this motel this past summer- We prepaid for a room, on checkin, the room was not larger than a closet! Also forgot to mention the included breakfast!
For the amount we were charged, I could have easily stayed at a true 5 STAR hotel!
Stay away from this motel, they definitely misrepresent their property, and are nowhere hear a 5 star- 2 star at BEST!
I hate to leave a negative review, but I feel we were deceived and taken advantage of......

Save your money and stay at the BERKELEY or another true luxury hotel!

Room Tip: don't stay here!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Ali S
JumeirahGroup, General Manager at Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us and that you feel that we mis-represented our property and that you feel deceived. I would very much appreciate the opportunity to discuss where you felt we fell below your expectations as apart from the room size it is not immediately clear what the issues were. I look forward to hearing from you and once again I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay.
- Ian Richardson, General Manager, Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel