Draycott Hotel
US$189
galahotels.com
US$203
  • Restaurant
All reviewssloane squaredrawing roomkings roadcadogan gardenspeter jonescomplimentary afternoon teahome away from homegas fireprivate gardenchelsea areahonor barenglish charmcharming hotelenglish hotelhonesty barsitting areachelsea flower show
Reviewed 25 December 2013

I had a beautiful, large room overlooking a small park in this lovely boutique hotel. It is located by Sloane Square, an upscale area with a tube stop. They made a mistake and gave me a room which was larger than the one I was supposed to have. As I walked downstairs after settling in, I could hear the manager scolding the person who brought up my bags. Then, he called me into the office to tell me they gave me the wrong room but that he would let me stay in it. It was a little bit uncomfortable. Other than that, it was a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I booked a room at The Draycott because I wanted an Edwardian, truly English hotel experience. I was not disappointed. I get totally confused and turned around in London, but Draycott is just a couple of blocks from the Underground Sloane Square Station, and Sloane Square is a fantastic location. Easy to get everywhere in London and a major high-end shopping area, but it is fairly calm and composed compared to The West End.

Draycott is hard to discern as a hotel, but as soon as you enter, you realize the commitment to service. Everyone is highly professional and courteous, but also very warm. They want you to have a great stay! Honestly, I am used to a bit more anonymity at a hotel; at Draycott, you have to be buzzed in every time you arrive. But how nice it was to see a smile on someone's face as they welcome you by name.

Draycott is small and has some service limitations, but they accommodate all your needs.

Regarding my room, it was warm and charming. I had a queen single which was certainly large enough, but I had no idea I would be in the basement and with the limited amount of daylight in London, I think that did have some impact on my trip. One other issue with the room, though the bathroom was reasonable in size, you could only open to the shower door on the tub a few inches, before it hit the sink next to it. Getting in and out of the tub was difficult and with the slippery surfaces, it felt a bit unsafe.

All in all though, I highly recommend the Draycott, because the quality of the service and the fantastic location make up for some of the physical limitations. I have worked in luxury hotels all of my life...I know good service...and Draycott has caring, well trained and informed staff. My hat is off to them.

Room Tip: Make certain your room is not in the basement.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 December 2013

We have stayed before and at that time couldn't compliment it enough, but our room this time, the Laughton was a disappointment. Although large it really needs a refurb. The furnishings are dull and tired. The windows were absolutely filthy and window frames had peeling paint. The bathroom was very small.
The service this time was still very friendly but lacked the efficiency and charm of last time. The breakfast server certainly needed help, she was completely overwhelmed at one point as the breakfast room got full. It's a great hotel and we'd certainly stay again but not in the Laughton.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank GillBrentwood
Reviewed 14 December 2013

The guys deliver a personal experience that matters. Have a lovely stay. The building itself is a series of town houses that are joined together. It gives the building a quirky feeling that I love. Each room follows the theme of an author. It's quiet and friendly. Managed by lovely people. Onwards.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 11 December 2013

This Hotel is one of the greatest Hotels in Chelsea. Great rooms, good service and perfect Location in Chelsea.

I have been to many different Hotels in the area and this is by far the best value for money. May be next best is Blakes Hotel.

Room Tip: 4th floor rooms ar fanatastic
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business