“A perfect location”
Review of Draycott Hotel

Draycott Hotel
Ranked #32 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 28 January 2009

I rarely write a review for the many hotels that my husband and I visit but The Draycott is different. We return regularly to this wonderful "find" - it is like visiting good friends. The staff are so welcoming, they will do anything to make sure that every visit is perfect. A visit in December means a wonderful Christmas tree in the Drawing Room and mince pies with our afternoon tea. A visit in June enables us to have the doors open onto the beautiful gardens. At 6 o'clock , champagne is served with the compliments of the management - we are always made to feel really special. After a late night out it is great to get back to our peaceful haven and a cup of hot chocolate, all laid out beautifully in the drawing room. The location is great, only seconds away from the King's Road and although there is no restaurant, the hotel will always recommend and willingly book a restaurant or try room service. We did on our last visit as my husband was unwell on our second day and we had a delicious dinner served in our room. Mr & Mrs A - Hampshire

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 January 2009

I had an overnight stay at the Draycott hotel, London for a business trip.

I found the staff welcoming, the room and service was excellent, even down to carrying my case out to a waiting taxi.

I would highly recommend this hotel for business and a luxury stay in London being in the heart of this great city, but also enjoying peace and a tranquil setting.

Georgina Hobson

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 January 2009

We booked a shopping weekend for ourselves and 2 of our teenage children. The hotel was ideally situated on a quiet street yet very close to the tube and fantastic shopping. It took the whole of Saturday afternoon to do both sides of Sloane St and Sloane Square. The hotel was homely, comfortable, very clean, warm and prettily decorated for the season. Afternoon tea and evening hot chocolate was freely provided in a cosy lounge. Although we only had a standard room it was lovely, loads of space and well decorated, with a sitting area around the fire. We were trying to work out when we could visit again!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 December 2008

Draycott came well recommended. Its location is truly fabulous but upon arrival I was shown to the smallest room I'd ever seen in London, and that is saying something! I asked for a change and was provided the "JP Daniels" room which was only about 10% larger. It was OK, I thought, ( a little more than 31" x 84") as I was only there 2 nights. It was quiet and only for sleeping...what the heck!! Stick it out. BUT on entering the room the temperature was about 90. I should have known. The concierge turned the heat down, I went out for supper....downstairs ( quite a fine little dining room) and returned to the north pole. Got the fan unit going to heat the place and shortly I was toasty, then sweaty. There was no in between. My second night was quite sleep broken between hots and colds...no temperature control in the room...PERIOD...and finally I turned the heat off, conked out, and woke up feeling unwell. The phone did not work and had to be changed.
Thereafter can be summed up. I booked an early flight home, got to my doctor two days later, and, to quote " you have a touch of pneumonia....have to put you on antibiotics". I blame the Draycott.
Never got near those nicer rooms I understand are somewhere in there. Signed: from Toronto with a tantrum.

Stayed: December 2008, travelled on business
6  Thank qtipToronto
Reviewed 10 December 2008

What a wonderful place to stay. We had a fantastic time. The hotel was perfect in every way - so quiet and peaceful in the middle of London. The hotel staff were very attentive.
Our room was warm, comfortable, spotless and 5* luxury.
Thank you for a super time - we hope to stay again some day.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2008

Staying at the Draycott in September and October was a great way to commence and end our European trip - the rooms [ accurately portrayed on their website) are beautifully appointed with many little extras, all previously well described by TripAdvisor reviewers. The staff attitude is a superb blend of professionalism and human warmth. Two drawing rooms allow for private meetings in comfort. Well-being is catered for with fresh crisp apples always available in the hall, a welcoming afternoon tea after 4pm allows you to put up your tired feet when you return from the day and evening hot chocolate welcomes you home in the evening. Perfect location for easy walking or transport.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2008

Having decided to catch up with friends and make a weekend of it, in London, I wanted to find a luxury hotel which had good amenities and a personal touch. The Michelin Red Guide is a trusted companion in such an activity, together with Trip Advisor. I ended up selecting the Draycott as the prices were highly competetive with comparable hotels and the hotel looked comfortable with character.

I couldn't have been better pleased. I was upgraded on arrival from a standard room to a deluxe, which could have justifiably been called a suite. There was masses of space, a wonderful sitting area with traditional furniture (settee, armchair, dining table, desk etc) and a welcoming fire on the chilly winters afternoon of my arrival. The huge windows overlooking the street, the ornate plaster ceiling and mouldings, the pictures, the rugs, the fireplace, everything worked beautifully together to give a real period feel. More comfortable than any room I've stayed in at an equivalent price at any other luxury 5-star hotel in London, though there are many good ones.

All the thoughtful touches were there, from complimentary hand made mint chocolate bonbons, to fresh citrus fruit in the old world cocktail cabinet, to bath robes and nice toiletries. A handwritten welcome card from the manager, your name card on the room door, together with exceptionally helpful service, really make you feel you matter. Combined with mod cons like wifi, dvd and hifi and well stocked minibar, everything makes for a superb overall experience.

In future, if I need a good hotel to stay at in London, or I am called on to recommend one, I think the Draycott would be first in mind. Great in all respects,

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled solo