Draycott Hotel
US$258
US$191
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewssloane squaredrawing roomkings roadcadogan gardenspeter jonescomplimentary afternoon teahome away from homegas fireprivate gardenchelsea areahonor barenglish charmcharming hotelenglish hotelhonesty barsitting areachelsea flower show
Reviewed 3 June 2009

In my view the hotel provides an excellent service, the rooms are clean and tidy, service is good and the staff very pleasant. Breakfast is a little bit of a disappointment, and overpriced. The hotel has an excellent location and the public rooms are very well appointed. The staff make every effort to make you feel special, the only slight criticism is that it is not very good value for money.

1  Thank DaveFosterx
Reviewed 23 May 2009

We had a very nice view of the garden but the room needs money spent on it.

The bathroom had many faults Stained loo,handle that was difficult to flush,wash basin taps required two hands to turn off,no mat to avoid slipping in the shower.
The towels were very worn.Bed cover stained and the safe did not work.
The service at breakfast was poor.

The staff are pleasent but I have the impression the Management are sleeping.

2  Thank CroftonSurrey
Reviewed 12 May 2009

I have stayed in many of the rooms at Draycott and all are comfortable and spacious. The efficient air conditioning was also a big bonus in such a character/period style hotel. The breakfast was lovely, especially the porridge. Staff great especially Dino and Ali.

1  Thank cwmbran1
Reviewed 12 May 2009

I love this hotel and like everything else it is even more beautiful when the sun is shining.

I visited the Draycott last weekend and there were so many children and parents enjoying the sun in the garden and it just added to the home away from home feeling. Having to spend my weekend (Mothers day back home) away from family on business, I though it would be a lonely working experience.

It was such a wonderful atmosphere that I spend the afternoon in the lovely drawing room drinking tea, watching the children and reading the paper.

You often return too places you visit during your travels and most of the time it is not as good as you remember. We tend to over romanticise the memory. I was bowled over to be even more impressed than the first time I stayed.

Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Hertz78
Reviewed 2 April 2009

Don't get me wrong: the Draycott is a very charming place, excellently located and with good service and well furnished rooms (we stayed in the Lewis Caroll suite, good choice).
The issue is that, due to the great reviews, I was expecting a little more from a 5*:
- like better service for the breakfast,
- door man to take our luggage at the check-in as well as the check-out,
- people helping us for the champagne 5-o'clock tea,
- plates to be removed from our room the day after the dinner,
- laundry bags to be removed from the stairs.

Therefore, a little disapointed though

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family