“Perfect hotel for first night of married life”
Review of Draycott Hotel

Draycott Hotel
Ranked #37 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 10 November 2009

My new wife and I spent the night after our wedding at the Draycott, having spent quite some time trying to find the right hotel.

It was a lovely experience - I travel a lot with work and the Draycott really stands out from other hotels with personal service, beautiful rooms, superb breakfast and a wonderful family atmosphere.

If I can afford to I will stay in this hotel everytime I visit London in future.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JoeFSuffolk

Reviewed 27 October 2009

Twenty years afer my first visit, this lovely hotel is still a gem. A true English experience - genteel, quiet elegance, and a staff who just goes out of their way for their guests. Highly recommend a stay at the Draycott for anyone who apprecaites impeccable service and accomodations. I hope it doesn't take me another 20 years to return...

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank Grace1219
Reviewed 10 October 2009

I stayed at the Draycott in June with a friend while having a couple of days at Wimbledon. After the initial shock of being told we were only booked for one night instead of the two we were shown to our beautiful, comfortable room and assured, by the friendly and helpful staff, that something would be sorted out by morning. And so it was. I enjoyed it so much I decided to book it with my husband as part of our 20th wedding anniversary celebrations. The chauffeur service picked us up at Heathrow which was such a good idea. Greeted with a warm welcome and given our theatre tickets that I had only 2 days earlier asked them to organise for me. I was finding difficulty accessing the ticket website from Dubai so this proved invaluable. Beds were sooo comfortable my husband and I have looked out the same for ourselves and the scrambled eggs and bacon were yummy in the cosy little breakfast room. (you need to be up sharp to get the window seat!) Just around the corner from Sloane square tube station so plenty of cafes and restaurants and wonderful shopping. Tapas (El Blason, Blacklands Tce) and Italian both recommendations from the Hotel were excellent. (sorry can't remember the name of the italian but they will know!) If you want slick, modern with spa and pool this isn't the place for you but if you want to relax in 5*cosy surroundings, give it a try, its fab.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Moodubai
Reviewed 29 September 2009

From start to finish the hotel stay was a pleasure.From a well handled room booking by Ms.Shilpa who painted an impression of the hotel that helped decide the destination.
Also the service was very well handled(considering the fact we were visiting the place for the first time!)and we were felt at home all the time

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank smithWashington
Reviewed 14 September 2009

The Draycott Hotel is clearly the best hotel I have ever stayed at in London.

The cosy ambiance, the handwritten welcome card and the shortbread put on my desk, the beautiful and calm garden, the complimentary drinks (tea at four, champagne at six, chocolate at eight), the courtesy bar in the drawing room, the Penhaligon products in the bathroom – all these small, but important elements made my stay a true pleasure.

I appreciated the fact that the rooms do not carry numbers, but names of famous writers (I found lots of "my" author's books in my room). Moreover, the name of the guest staying in the room is put on a small card and inserted in a frame on the door. A personal and original touch indeed!

I stayed in a very small, single room – but the size was not a problem, as the space was well used. The bathroom was bright and chic.

The service was discrete and very professional. All staff members were very polite, but never stiff.

I am looking forward to my next stay at The Draycott Hotel!

Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 September 2009

Four years ago my wife and I and two of our children spend a memorable week at the Draycott. In July, my wife and I returned for a four-day stay, and the experience was every bit as pleasant. Our Deluxe Double room -- the Kean -- was large and traditionally furnished, with an exceptionally comfortable king bed. One of our favorite indulgences was having the hotel's excellent English breakfast delivered to our room each morning.

The highlight of our visit was an amazing effort by the Draycott's concierge. On a whim, we asked if he could get us tickets for the next evening's sold-out performance of Waiting for Godot, the hottest ticket in London at the time. Not only was he able to get us tickets on such short notice, but they were excellent seats!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cawfeetawk
Reviewed 8 September 2009

It was like being at home; only better (no cooking or cleaning). Our suite was very large with a kitchen and laundry facility. In our magnificent bedroom was a beautiful chandelier that looked identical to our 'one of a kind' in our dining room in Toronto. There were apples and cookies and hot chocolate and the staff was friendly and helpful. Room service was prompt and the English breakfast was wonderful. I highly recommend this place to people who want comfortable, non glitzy, luxurious, and calm stay in London.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family