“Literary tour of Bloomsbury - London Walks never disappoints”
Review of London Walks

London Walks
Ranked #142 of 785 Tours in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: London Walks is London's award-winning, original, foremost, walking tour company. *"London's best guided walks" Time Out "London Walks was the first - and is the best - of the walking tour firms" Fodor's Great Britain
Reviewed 18 September 2016

I've probably done a dozen walking tours with London Walks over the years. I've enjoyed every single one immensely. And I thought I knew Bloomsbury fairly well until I went on this walk with two friends. We were introduced to new squares, houses, and streets and learned more about old favorites. The guides are always entertaining, a little bit hammy in the best possible way. This means that you could bring someone along who wasn't particularly interested in a topic and they would still likely enjoy themselves for a couple of hours. Highly recommend London Walks and the Literary Walking Tour of Bloomsbury.

3  Thank Suzanne S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,847)
All reviews
in 41 reviews
"tube station"
in 64 reviews

Reviewed 17 September 2016

I thought I knew this area of London quite well but I learnt such a lot! We started at Bermondsey and only walked 2 miles but it took 2 hours as it was full of great information. Highlights were going to the Brunel Museum and the finish at the Mayflower Pub - the starting point for the Pilgrim Fathers journey to America.

2  Thank Lynn H
Reviewed 14 September 2016

Our guide, Richard, provided us with information highlighting the Beatles experiences in London. He was personable and informative. It was a very enjoyable walk!

3  Thank patsyfish
Reviewed 13 September 2016

I have been a big fan of London Walks for many years and have taken many of their wonderful walks in and around London. I can honestly say I have enjoyed them all! My family has also taken a few of their day excursions and thoroughly enjoyed them as well. A visit to London is not complete without a London Walks tour!!!

4  Thank karenamullin
See more reviews
Reviewed 10 September 2016

I am a London Walks addict. I took four tours in 2012 (Jack the RIpper, Hidden London, Royal London-Guard Change, and Camden) and four tours in 2016 (Nottinghill, British Museum, Old Westminster, and Piccadilly). All the tours (except for the Camden tour) were incredibly informative and entertaining. They took you to these hidden, out-of-the-way places that you would miss entirely if you were not taking these tours. I love the history and the quirky stories and facts the guides provide, They are not only educational but incredibly entertaining.

If you have limited amount of time, I would take (in order of preference) the Old Westminster tour, the Hidden London tour, and the Piccadilly tour. The first two tours give you a real insight into the history of this great city. The Piccadilly tour is a must for the avid shopper. They take you 19th century shopping arcades; you get a taste of the queen's favorite rose creams; and you step into a historic and fancy perfume shops. After the Piccadilly tour, we went shopping at Thomas Pink, Fortnum and Mason (the royal grocer) and then had afternoon tea at the Wolseley. We enjoyed the British Museum tour because it helped us focus and discover the highlights of the museum.

The tours are only £10 and I have to admit that they can get crowded. However, I never had an issue hearing the guide. For the Nottinghill tour, it helps if you have seen the movie, "Nottinghill."

I highly recommend London Walks tours. The only downside is that they'll set a standard few other tour guides can meet.

3  Thank PickyP1969