Open today: 07:00 - 21:00
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Recommended experiences in and around London
from US$18.42
from US$89.53
from US$32.59
from US$109.52
1,985 results
All reviews ripper walk pub walk richard iii hampstead village richard walker brunel museum ancient city beatles tour westminster abbey walking tour hour walk two hours square mile knowledgeable guides little venice tube station harry potter
Reviewed 21 July 2017

I recently took a London Walks tour of The Tower of London and was thoroughly disappointed. Before going further I will say that my disappointment stems at least in part from my many excellent experiences with London Walks over the years. They truly do an excellent job with their walking tours, but this one just didn’t cut it.

To start, while the tour touts that they could “get you in very quickly” and avoid the public queue, the time it takes for the guide to collect money from each of the participants and then get on line to purchase tickets for the entire group takes up much of that time savings. From there we simply got on a line of groups rather than a line of individuals. Once inside we noticed the tour guide seemed a bit nervous and was keeping a close eye on the areas behind us. The guide explained that, while we could stand at that particular location for the moment, once a Beefeater group approaches we will need to move along immediately. Sure enough, a few minutes later we could see a Beefeater group approaching and the guide, stopping in mid-sentence, ushered us along to the next stop. The final straw for me was with the guide’s narrative. While some was fascinating, the guide proceeded to spend a good ten to fifteen minutes telling Tower ghost stories, proudly proclaiming “I know for a fact that ghosts exist in the Tower!” This was deeply disappointing for someone who brought his family to get a true historical background of the Tower and the events that occurred within it over the centuries. We ultimately decided to leave the group at this point, maybe about half-way through the tour, to strike out on our own and recoup some of our lost time.

I’ve been to the Tower numerous times over the years and have taken the Beefeater tours. Your best bet would be to skip London Walks with this destination and go with a Beefeater tour. Those tours are truly excellent.

2  Thank JonB3491
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

Our tour was amazing! Russell, our guide, was excellent! He had a ton of knowledge and was able to answer our many questions. The sights we saw were amazing, and we would highly recommend London Walks to anyone going to tour London, and especially Russell as your tour guide!

1  Thank Noah S
Reviewed 19 July 2017

We met up with the tour at a Tube stop entrance. We were really unsure about this. Within seconds Richard III (our tour guide) had us hooked. He interspersed history, commentary and of course pubs. Wonderful way to spend an evening.

1  Thank Melissa V
Reviewed 18 July 2017

I have attended several walks over a 10-year period with London Walks. Each walk has featured fascinating commentary shared by an enthusiastic, witty, knowledgeable guide. My family of four (kids ages 12 & 16) recently attended a Westminster Abbey tour with Tom. I have been inside Westminster Abbey many times. Tom gave some information that I did not know, keeping my tour fresh. Tom's humor allowed us to have a good-natured laugh at history and humanity, but, by inviting us "in on the joke," I felt more of a kinship to real people of the past. My children were also intrigued throughout the two-hour tour. It takes a special guide to captivate a wide range of people--strangers of various ages and nationalities who come together for just a few hours. And Tom was able to do so. Next time I'm in London, I will not hesitate taking yet another London Walks tour. Their itineraries are diverse and detailed so I know I will always have wonderful choices! Their pricing (currently 10 pounds per adult) is a steal! Just a reminder that you must pay in cash. If you choose the Westminster tour, bring enough cash to cover your entrance fee. Your Walks guide will pay in your behalf to skip the long entrance line. (I believe it's a discounted rate of 18 pounds per adult for Abbey entrance. We qualified for the family rate--45 pounds for two adults and two children 16 and under. Obviously, rates subject to change. Email London Walks for exact fees. They are swift to reply!)

Date of experience: June 2017
1  Thank TravelSavvyMomAZ
Reviewed 15 July 2017

We recently took the 10am London Walks "Welcome to London " tour with Oliver!
We were there early and he showed up right on time at the Westminster Tube station.. There were about 20 of us and we did a leisurely stroll through St. James Park then onto Buckingham Palace (we missed the Changing of The Guards) to the Parliament buildings, Westminster Abbey and onto Trafalgar Square where the tour ended.
We did not enter any of the highlighted buildings, just as a sidenote.
Oliver was very knowledgeable and professional and it was a nice intro into the classic sights of historic London.
The tour was a bargain at 10 pounds per adult and students were 8 pounds so you could afford a few London Walks tours and its better than being on a bus in my opinion if you are mobile.

Date of experience: June 2017