“A real gem”
Review of The Beaufort Hotel

The Beaufort Hotel
Ranked #365 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

We stayed here over the bank holiday weekend and it was an amazing experience. Nothing was too much trouble. Everyone was really helpful and friendly. The room was clean and tidy and had everything you need for a relaxing stay. We would recommend this hotel to anyone and we will DEFFINITELY be back soon. Thank you for a wonderful weekend.

• Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Tucked in behind the hustle and bustle surrounding Harrods, on a quiet suburban lane, The Beaufort is a lovely elegant hotel with really lovely rooms, warm and gracious staff and complimentary cream scones and evening champagne or drinks. Guests enjoy the lobby lounge area with (real) Champagne and the open bar, and share experiences - it's really a wonderful "home away from home". Great location minutes from Harrods and Hyde park and near a ton of restaurants.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Booked my stay at Beaufort Hotel on Secret Escapes as a 5 star hotel. How they get away with rating themself as such tells me more about Secrete Escape. Beauford is in my opinion max 3 star hotel. However the staff was all extreamly helpful and polite. The hotel was clean and breakfast as promised. The fact there is free alcholic drinks between 3 and 11 does not include additional stars. The location is great and neighborhood nice. I now understand why I could not find any pictures of the reception area on the web. Would I stay there again.... possibly if I wanted a quiet and good location and they would price themself as a 3 star.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Guest Relations M, Guest Relations Manager at The Beaufort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2013

Dear Kristjanlars,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

Star ratings are very much subjective and although we regard our hotel more as a high end boutique hotel than a star rated property, we are pleased that many of our guests regard our product and service as five stars. Our website clearly outlined our product, facilities, offers and prices. We are proud to be offering a unique product with so many free extras including one of the few hotels in the world to offer a free fully stocked bar at affordable room rates.

We are sorry that you disagree with other reviewers but nonetheless thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 30 April 2013

I booked to stay at Beaufort Hotel on Secret Escapes ... I was expecting something similar to Ecclestone Square Hotel.. very disappointed.

Firstly I arrived at Beaufort House instead of the hotel - the house looks stunning ... not so further down the road at Beaufort Hotel, so after my initial delight at thinking i was staying at beaufort house it was very disappointing to have to go further into the road where there is a lot of scaffolding and houses to let signs!

The hotel is like an up market guest house ... and far too expensive- even on secret escapes the rate was just over £200 and for single occupancy

There is no restaurant and breakfast is a tray ... delivered half an hour late ... with instant coffee after requesting espresso (apparently the machine is broken!) ... sliced supermarket bread toast and processed orange juice ... oh and i forgot the microwaved warm croissant! ... not good at all! I had to visit somewhere else after leaving the hotel to get a replacement breakfast which shouldn't happen at this room night cost

The room was only small and in need of an upgrade.... the wallpaper was coming away from the wall in certain places and the carpet though not stained was very worn. The bathroom was extremely dated. The locks on the doors into the rooms gave the impression of arriving at a flat rather than an upmarket hotel room . The bed was comfortable and clean, however an ancient alarm clark made the most horrendous noise throughout the evening and very early morning, I assume it is still set to every other guest's setting!

There is a complimentary bar in the evening.. this is in the reception area with no tv . There was nobody using this facility during my stay.

I felt like i was staying in a guest house without any facilities

On a plus side if you want to be near Harrods I doubt you could get much than staying at Beaufort ... maybe the Capital Hotel is as close as well and far far superior in my opinion with one of the best breakfasts i have ever had in London

Sorry but i wouldn't want to stay here again at this kind of price ... far far better quality hotels at the same price include- ecclestone square, landmark, athaneum, sanderson, capital, lowndes and many more all of which on an offer are possible at around the £200 a night or far less!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Guest Relations M, Guest Relations Manager at The Beaufort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2013

Dear Diane R,
Every review positive or otherwise is important to us and would like to thank you for reviewing The Beaufort on Tripadvisor. That said, I would like to make the following observations in response to your feedback.

Whilst we do not offer an unlimited variety of breakfast levels, the breakfast options available to our guests are all freshly prepared with high quality products and ingredients not least our juices and croissants. I am perplexed by your comments regarding the quality of our breakfast. I am sorry to read that you disagree with many of our other guests who are delighted with our breakfast service

We accept that the design of our rooms is not to everyone’s taste and we have clearly not met your needs in light of your specific requirements and expectations. However, please be rest assured that our rooms are reviewed regularly to ensure they meet the expectations, comfort and convenience of what our guests have come to expect at The Beaufort. Bathrooms are routinely updated to maintain our boutique status. Our room sizes vary as with any Victorian town house sympathetically converted to a hotel. Perhaps you should try one of our larger room categories next time.

As for value for money, we believe our hotel is one of the few high end boutique hotels in London’s famous Knightsbridge in which you can book a luxury room for below £200 per night. This includes an open and unlimited complimentary bar including champagne, free cream tea and Wi-Fi. We are proud to be one of a handful of hotels in Europe to offer an all-in experience at an affordable price.

We thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 26 April 2013

Stayed in the Beaufort Hotel on Business .Chose it because near to my meeting in Knightsbridge.The hotel had been recommended to me and I wasnt disappointed. I had a superior room which was large for a London hotel as was the bathroom. I didnt arrive until 5pm but afternoon tea was available and the free bar was a nice touch. The breakfast delivered to the room was fine (tho I tend to prefer an English breakfast in a dining room.). The position round the corner from Harrods) was fantastic. I booked through Secret Escapes and got a good price of approximately £180 plus vat including breakfast.
The staff were helpful and went the extra mile.I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I only saw my room but like everywhere (particularly London )the better categories are bigger and wo...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 April 2013

On our recent last minute trip to the UK with our 2 children ages 7 & 9, we stayed here April 20-25, 2013. We stayed in a junior suite which was comfortable and nicely accommodated our family of 4.Service and staff was excellent. Rooms were clean and fairly large by London standards. Close to many sights and surrounding area was lovely. Would definitely stay here again. Pricing was excellent value!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Robin F
Reviewed 20 April 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for one night, I had found a special deal which included afternoon tea and an express breakfast. We arrived at the hotel which is situated just minutes from Harrods and Harvey Nicholls. The hotel has a very relaxed ambience about it and we arrived late morning and were pleased to find that our room was ready, check in was very easy and fast and everything explained to us in detail. We were shown up to our room by a member of staff and had the choice of the very small lift or stairs, we chose the stairs and were right at the top of the hotel, lots of stairs to walk up so a less abled person would definitely need the lift. The room wasn't huge but average sized with a lovely well made up bed with cushions. There was a flat screen tv, radio and hair dryer, no tea and coffee making facilities but these can be purchased downstairs free of charge at any time. The bathroom was big and modern with"white stuff" bath products. The shower was pretty rubbish though very slow and dated with not a lot of hot water. By the reception area is a well stocked bar which is free from 3-11pm and you just help yourself which is a nice touch, we didn't have the cream tea but saw someone else with it and it looked good.
We had a great night sleep in the very comfy bed and breakfast can be in your room or in the lobby and your choice of time. Ours arrived in the room exactly at the time requested the express breakfast consisted of a croissant with toast, hot drink and a juice, you also had a choice of other breakfasts too.
Overall, the hotel offers a very 'personal' friendly service, staff are friendly and polite, the only let down if I had to be picky was the shower which I felt didn't live up to the standard of the rest of the room. I got a special reduced rate here through an Internet search and felt the price was reasonable, if I had to pay the full rate, I feel it would have been very over priced and would have come away slightly disappointed, but if I could get this reduced rate again then I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank angeh15
Guest Relations M, Guest Relations Manager at The Beaufort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2013

Dear Angeh 15,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other travellers on Tripadvisor. We are pleased you liked the hotel not least the personalised service you received and enjoyed your stay on the whole. For the benefit of other travellers, I would like to respond to the following points

Lift: We do not have an oversized lift. This is because The Beaufort is a small boutique hotel in which careful actions have been taken to preserve the historic features of the building, only one of two hotels in Beaufort Gardens. Although our lift is small, it is nonetheless effective and efficient. I hope you will be inclined to try it during your next visit

Shower – Notwithstanding the water pressure in London, we have taken additional steps to ensure our guests are happy with all the facilities we provide including our showers. This is evident in previous guest reviews where our showers are noted for their excellent pressure.

Price – We note your feedback regarding price. At The Beaufort, we always strive to offer amazing value to all our guests at all times, the exclusive rate you pay is a point in case. I hope you feel the price you pay for your stay provides excellent value for money which I assume should be linked to your experience.

We thank you for staying with us and look forward to welcoming you back at our hotel

Kind Regards,