“Wonderfull weekend in Londond”
Review of The Beaufort Hotel

The Beaufort Hotel
Ranked #348 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 5 June 2013

We spend a really wonderfull weekend with 8 people, business and pleasure combined, perfect! The outstanding service of the hotel personel was wonderfull and a true 'added value' to our stay.
The area was very nice and the hotel is perfectly situated in a dead-end street, so no traffic noise during the night,

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Juliette O

Reviewed 15 May 2013

My wife & I had one night in this delightful hotel, the staff were friendly & helpfull we booked via secret escapes.The free bar & breakfast was a nice touch overall a very pleasant stay & will we return? thats for sure! oh yea we had a Delux room with a balcony which was FAB. worth the upgrade

Room Tip: we had room 14 a deluxe room the balcony was very pleasent
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank peter c
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Just stayed at The Beaufort May 6-8 and I really loved this perfect small hotel ! First of all, its location is just fantastic ! Had a normal room so it was definitely small but then in London I'm always out so no need for large space. More importantly (for me) it was very quiet, good air-con system (itself not noisy for sleeping) and the bathroom was perfect with nice products. No minibar in room but no problem as the main bar is open 3-11pm; I have medicine which needs to stay in fridge so I asked at reception and they very kindly put it in the kitchen fridge and I just needed to ask for it at reception whenever I needed it. From the moment I arrived to when I left, service was impeccable and everyone was just so nice, friendly and helpful. The cream tea was lovely and breakfast was very good too. I had booked thro' Secret Escapes.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gloria B
Reviewed 9 May 2013

If you have read my other reviews of London hotels I have a bit of a thing about £200. I am always amazed by the cost of hotels (not just London, this applies to most major cities) and £200 is my cut off between cheap (no matter how astounding I find defining £200 per night as cheap!) and expensive. Above £200 I am looking for something special. Below £200 I am more accepting and unless it is better than a Travel Inn, it had better have something going for it. I paid over £200 for the Beaufort, for a basic double room, so I am looking for something special.

I should have been more astute and realised that a converted Georgian townhouse was never going to offer huge rooms: maybe the suites are, but the basic rooms were always going to be “compact”. And so it was. Undoubtedly one of the smallest rooms I have stayed in central London for some time. So far so bad: the room alone, given its cost, would have merited three points only.

However, the hotel really does try. The location is great, tucked away behind Harrods it is both a one minute walk from the Brompton Road and yet peacefully quiet. OK, the free cream tea would not be worthy of the name in Devon, but at least they try. The lounge is pleasant and the free bar is another attempt to make their guests stay as enjoyable as possible.

On balance, a good try.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Guest Relations M, Guest Relations Manager at The Beaufort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2013

Dear Shower_says_it_all,

We are grateful for your review. You are correct in that The Beaufort Hotel is carved out of a collection of Georgian townhouses and that in itself contributes to the charm of The Beaufort as no two rooms are the same. Each air-conditioned room has it theme and attributes. From our individually appointed rooms to our French style boutique extras such the unlimited complimentary bar, we strive to make sure our guests get a pleasant and exclusive stay offering high end facilities at affordable packages.

We would recommend you try one of our larger room categories next time you stay with us for an even more opulent experience.

We look for to welcoming you again to The Beaufort Hotel in the not so distant future.

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 8 May 2013

A good location just around the corner from Harrods in dear old Knightsbridge, however when I was having some foreign-issued cards payments, and needed to have my bank contact the hotel to verify payment processing, do you think the ladies behind the counter were helpful. Hardly, and I must mention that the tall, all-in-black dressed receptionist was the most appalling hotel staff I have ever encountered in the city. Good luck, from what I saw what is going on there, you'll need all the tourists you can muster. Simple summary - avoid and never look back.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Norheim R
Guest Relations M, Owner at The Beaufort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2013

Whilst we welcome constructive feedback, it is sometimes necessary to provide the hotel’s perspective of a review for the benefit of other readers.

This gentleman could not settle the bill he has incurred on check-out and although he blamed his bank to start with, it was clear upon speaking to his bank that it was to do with the lack of funds in his account. At which point he made an attempt to leave the hotel without paying. Even though this was not indicated in his review, the hotel did everything possible to accommodate his situation allowing him time to secure the funds required to settle his bill. These include but not limited to offering him a complimentary room to stay whilst he finds a way to settle his account, free and unlimited drinks and bar snacks, computer and internet access, etc etc.

He stayed at the hotel until midnight in the room refusing to pay or leave until the police were called. He finally left the hotel after midnight without paying. The gentleman settles his bill the following day with the help of the police as he attempted to enter the hotel and his room the following day without permission.

The reception team did all possible to help this gentleman and given the circumstances, we are bemused and perplexed by his review and the approach he has taken to thank the staff for their patience and tolerance.

We wish this gentleman all the best for the future.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

We have been married 61 years after meeting as American students in England after WWII and we recounted on this trip between 20 and 25 times that we have stayed in the city. We have had rooms in the Connaught, the Ritz, Browns and the Savoy in the old days of good exchange rates. Later we stayed in the most economical places we could find when we were sending children to college. None of those latter hotels were ever recommendable.
No hotel in London today is spacious or economical for retired Americans but the Beaufort exceeded all expectations with the most attractive decor, at least in our room, that I have seen in this class of a hotel. We loved the breakfast on a tray as it spared us those deathly quiet community breakfasts and the smell of half cooked bacon.
Every day of our five there we were so happy to have the cream tea and delicious scones after sightseeing. It was the correct respite before resting and a later dinner. I had guessed, wrongly that the open bar would consist of off brands and have a limited selection because we found it to be top notch. A nice single malt sent us on our way to one of the many nearby restaurants for dinner each night.
The concierges were wonderfully helpful when we needed to get train tickets to Winchester and a taxi to get us to the train station. Not one of the helpers missed a lick and they were all (actually we met only two) cheerful and knowledgeable.
We strive to find small hotels with good service and we avoid convention hotels and those catering to tour groups. The Beaufort was perfect for us, we even liked the cozy elevator for two when we didn't use the stairs. Hotel Five Star ratings usually are awarded because they have swimming pools, business and fitness centers. I am giving Five stars for comfort, service, decor and unusual amenities like complementary tea and drinks before dinner.
I'm not sure how many more times we will be in London but I am sure when we are there we will be at the Beaufort.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sue B
Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

We stayed here over the bank holiday weekend and it was an amazing experience. Nothing was too much trouble. Everyone was really helpful and friendly. The room was clean and tidy and had everything you need for a relaxing stay. We would recommend this hotel to anyone and we will DEFFINITELY be back soon. Thank you for a wonderful weekend.

• Stayed: May 2013