“Hidden gem in London”
Review of The Beaufort Hotel

The Beaufort Hotel
Ranked #316 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 28 January 2014

My wife, 2 daughters and were planning to go to NYC and cancelled at the last minute the day before due to weather. We decided to go to London instead with less than 24 hours notice. I went to book hotels, and could not find one to accomodate the four of us for the long weekend. I have stayed at the Dorchester, Savoy and Claridges before, and none would accomodate my family. A friend in London suggested The Beaufort. We booked it the morning we left and hoped for the best. It exceeded our expectations. It was the perfect hotel, and I will never stay at another hotel other than The Beaufort when I visit London again. Our flight arrived at 0700 on Friday morning from the states. We arrived at the hotel exhausted at 0730, and they checked us in immediately. I have never had a hotel do this. The front desk staff was amazing. The entire staff was amazing. They have an open bar for guests, free tea and the most delicious scones ready when you want them, free breakfast, and the rooms are delightfully decorated. This is a small boutique hotel in the most perfect location of London. You are in a small cudesac street amongst other townhomes steps away from Harrods. You have fantastic restaruants within walking distance, and you can walk to the majority of places to visit as well as a 5 minute taxi to Paddington station. The room rate is half the price of the other hotels I have stayed at in London, and the service is beyond fantastic. You will not be dissapointed in booking this hidden gem.

Room Tip: We booked a junior suite on the 4th floor, and this was more than spacious for myself, wife and daug...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank familytravel75
There are newer reviews for The Beaufort Hotel

Reviewed 20 January 2014

What a totally unexpected delight this was. A very good location in Knightsbridge, it was a first class experience from start to finish. It was hard to believe this was London given the outstanding service. From check in through to requests for an iron and ironing board the staff were professional, cheerful and willing. A free mini bar, room service at no cost for tea and coffee, and even a window that actually opened and which the Health and Safety clowns had not ordered sealed shut in case I wanted to jump out! In other words what you would hope for but never get. My room was a touch small but that's nit-picking. I'd go back in an instant. Go there while you can (before Health and Safety shut the windows!)

Room Tip: Front or back doesn't matter - wonderfully quiet location.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Anthony J
Reviewed 19 January 2014

My delightful and very thoughtful girlfriend surprised me with a trip to London and knowing that I'd use Trip Advisor, wouldn't tell me the name of the hotel beforehand!

I stay in hotels all over the world with work and general book international brands, safe in the knowledge that you know what you're getting. Thankfully, she has more thought than me and found this little gem, five minutes walk from the restaurant, two minutes from the tube station and right next to Harrods but in a quaint London cul-de-sac (limited parking is free after 6:30pm outside the hotel on a Saturday and all day on a Sunday) that seemed a lifetime away from the hustle and bustle of Knightsbridge.

First impressions of this cosy boutique hotel were promising, it was like a home from home (in a good way!) and the fixtures and fittings were decadent. Within two signatures-time, we were shown to our room, advised of the free alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages available in the lounge downstairs, the reception, or the bedroom and asked if we would like homemade scones with tea. We opted to receive the scones in the lounge which was empty and relatively private (only downside was the CCTV camera which was a little obtrusive and felt like Big Brother was always watching). The scones came still warm, sweat and delicious on their own. The wealth of high quality preserves and clotted cream with a fresh pot of tea made us feel at home on the comfy sofas (There's a bookcase filled with books if you're interested in a read!).

The room (No 9) was large and well appointed, with a large en-suite - unusual for a London property.
My only complaint was that the bed consisted of two beds pushed together which didn't permit comfy sleeping in the middle and the mattresses were possibly at the end of their life, however the sheets and the pillows were of the highest quality.
The room was quiet and the air conditioning (even in January) was welcome! Fast free wi-fi was excellent.

Breakfast, delivered to the room, was plentiful and the hot croissants were delicious even before we smothered them with butter and jam! Coffee, tea, orange juice and toast - perfect.

I'd highly recommend this hotel and will definitely book it when we return - the staff looked happy and couldn't have been more friendly and attentive, a real asset.

Room Tip: Number Nine was large and in perfect condition. Try the lounge downstairs for a little more space, f...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Saintchris23
Reviewed 17 January 2014

My partner and I stayed for the one night between Christmas and New Year, and would happily stay at this hotel again. Our room was up a short flight of stairs from the lobby, and was very well appointed. Room had loads of cupboards, and the en suite was also large. Bed was very comfortable, and the room was quiet.
We found the hotel on Trip Advisor, as I was having my medical interview for immigration close by, and wanted to stay in close proximity. Knightsbridge area is very well known, with all the expected amenities.
Although small, and no on site restaurant, the staff were very friendly, and helpful. We ate close by at Cassis, which was also very good, and had out breakfast at close by patisserie, Paul's.
It may not be the cheapest hotel, and due to my medical, I could not take advantage of the happy hour deal, although my partner did! The freshly baked scones were also a nice touch, especially after wandering about Harrods which is on your doorstep.

Room Tip: We had a room at the first floor, excellent
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Smooth check in. Lovely decor. Free bar!

The rooms are perfectly adequate for a few days. The creamed teas are a welcome escape from Knightsbridge chaos. Fast free broadband.

Note to owner: Room 15 shower screen probably needs replacing, it leaks everywhere.

Room Tip: Creamed teas to your room until 5pm. Free bar till 11pm.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Amitios
Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

I booked to stay here with my husband on Friday as we were celebrating his birthday. We planed to do some Christmas shopping and go back to the hotel for afternoon tea... But after a long lunch and a few drinks at the Dorchester we didn't make it back it time for afternoon tea... When we finally arrived back to the hotel we enjoyed a complementary drink from the bar before getting ready to go out for dinner. The staff were very kind and left a birthday card and box of chocolates in our room for my husband... Very thoughtful gesture. We stayed in a suite although the room itself was quite small compared to a normal suite it was very tastefully decorated. The bathroom was also very small ...but a major bonus the water pressure was brilliant. Our stay here was most enjoyable and the bed was very comfy!! The staff were also very helpful.
One last point... If driving to the hotel you are better to park in the Harrods car park as parking on the street is limited.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Sarahannn
Reviewed 22 November 2013

The good situation of this hotel is very important. Close to Harrods and not too far from Victoria station. Small hotel but very homely. Very friendly staff and good details for the clients. Recommended hotel for a weekend in London.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo