“Cheery bandy ”
Review of The Capital Hotel

The Capital Hotel
Ranked #43 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Not stayed here but have had drinks in the bar , the cherry brandy shots are amazing and very strong also complimentary! Very friendly staff , always popping to the table to see if you need anything , the type of treatment you would expect in knights bridge

Stayed: December 2013
Kate_Levin, General Manager at The Capital Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thank you so much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent visit to the bar and were made to feel so welcome by the team.

We hope that you will return soon.

There are newer reviews for The Capital Hotel

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We returned to the Capital and everything was just like the first time: warm welcome, faultless service, comfortable and spotlessly clean rooms. The advantages of this hotel are many: it is small and family run, the location is very convenient yet quiet, since Basil street is only lively during the day. The hotel never feels crowded and you do get personal service from everyone.
Standard rooms are small, this is London! The quality of the bed, linen, towels and toiletries is superb and the housekeeping faultless.
We asked for a room on top floor and it was provided.
This time we did not dine at the hotel but we visited Ceasar's fine bar and enjoyed single malts in peace and quiet. Try their club sandwich, it is the best we ever had.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ketling

Thank you so much for your lovely review, I am delighted to hear that your return to the hotel was as successful as your first visit. Justyna and her housekeeping team work to such a high standard and I am very happy that you found the bedrooms so comfortable. Cesar's bar is always a perfect place to relax and our club sandwich is one of my favourites too!

I very much hope you will be returning soon.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Just visited the capital hotel for our wedding anniversary for 2 nights.the hotel was fab from the first moment we turned up to the last when we left. All the staff were wonderful as well as the place itself. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel for your next trip to London.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mdavidnaylor11
Kate_Levin, General Manager at The Capital Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

It such a treat to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit to celebrate your anniversary. Thank you so much for fantastic review and recommendation. I am very grateful and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Very disappointed , asked for room to be cleaned while I was out , Not attended to .
Also disappointed with response to address the heated towel rail ,
couldn't be switched off even on a hot day . You couldn't sit on toilet straight without burning yourself
In the room , there was an old lounge chair . You couldn't exit the bed on that side , not enough space

Overall furnishings somewhat drab , breakfasts very ordinary . Great location but needs to keep up with the times
Work area was 18 inches wide

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Storming27
Kate_Levin, General Manager at The Capital Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback which is obviously very disappointing for me to read. It is upsetting to feel that your stay has fallen below your expectation. I am aware you are still in house would therefore appreciate the opportunity to discuss your concerns further.
I understand housekeeping was alerted to your request to service your room however we were unaware that you were returning within the hour hence our service was not as quick as you had wished.

We pride ourselves on our excellent levels of service and I would very much like to ensure that the end of your stay is more enjoyable.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

My wife and I stayed two weeks ago for one night for our 10th wedding anniversary. The staff are all charming, professional and eager to please. The location is great, bang next to the back door of Harrods, but also quiet. Everything you could want is walkable. We had a junior suite on the 4th floor which was spacious, quiet and well appointed. It had a separate loo, which was a nice addition but, to be honest, if they do a re-fit I would give this space over to creating a larger sitting room area. Also, in the main bathroom there was easily enough room for a separate walk-in shower which would have really finished the bathroom off. When I made the booking I was asked if I wanted a table for dinner that night. When I noticed that their restaurant is run by Nathan Outlaw it was a no brainer. Probably the most "in demand" chef in the land at the moment and to get a table at 8.30 on a Thursday evening during Chelsea Flower Show was an opportunity too good to turn down. Even better was the fact that on Thursdays they invite you to "bring your own special bottles of wine at no corkage charge". Despite having an extensive, excellent and reasonably priced wine list I took them up on this offer. The real indicator of the levels of service came in the bar before dinner. My wife ordered a gin and tonic and the barman reeled off a list of all the gins they had available. She remarked to me that one is often asked about gin preference but never about tonic. I asked the barman if they served Fever Tree tonic and he said that regrettable they only had Schweppes. Five minutes later the drinks arrived with an apology for the delay as he had left the hotel and gone to the restaurant three doors down to buy a bottle of Fever Tree (which he knew they stocked) and that, I think, says it all. Unbelievable Service ! During dinner my wife mentioned to the waiter that she was a little chilly. Two minutes later a Pashmina (still in its dry-cleaning bag) was produced. Again, beyond the call of duty. Dinner was great and we will definitely be returning. Breakfast was also superb. This is a family owned and run hotel and it shows. They all seem to care about guest wellbeing to the highest degree. A big thank you to all the staff. PS. There was a power cut early in the morning for the whole of Knightsbridge (hardly The Capital's fault) which meant the air conditioning went off and the room got quite hot so sleep was a little disturbed but, again, this was not their fault and could have happened anywhere.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade of room when you book, it costs them the same to service a suite as a room so it...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank adam w
Kate_Levin, General Manager at The Capital Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review and I am delighted that we were able to help make your wedding anniversary so special. Sharon and Cesar from the restaurant and bar manage a fantastic team and I am thrilled that they were able to exceed your expectations throughout your stay. I am happy to report that later this year we are beginning a programme to include a walk in shower within our junior suites which I hope you will enjoy if and when you return to the hotel.

We very much hope to welcome you back.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

My partner Patricia was celebrating her birthday this week. As she is a Julio Iglesias fan I had booked tickets for his concert at The Royal Albert Hall. It had been a long held ambition of mine to stay sometime at The Capital Hotel. This occasion was an ideal opportunity. We were not disappointed either with the concert or more importantly the hotel. It is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed and I have stayed in many across the world.

The attention to detail at The Capital is exceptional. The staff are well trained, polite and attentive.
The hotel exudes luxury and comfort & I cannot recommend it more highly.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Kate_Levin, General Manager at The Capital Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you so much for your kind review. I was delighted that we were able to contribute to a happy birthday week along with Julio!

It is such a compliment to the team to hear that they have exceeded expectations and we hope to continue to do so on any future visits.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

The admirable location of the hotel enables focused Harrods or Harvey Nichols shoppers to drop off their bags and head back for more shopping without a fuss. it is also very close to the V&A, which ensures a quick visit there. Its famous fish restaurant is not to be missed. I arrived late and was delighted to enjoy starters in this glitteringly elegant small restaurant of such finesse and taste, that it rejuvenated my senses. should you aspire to recreate these, the chefs' cooking book is for sale.the restaurant is good for business breakfast or dinner alike.
The staff are charming and efficient. The concierge booked me astounding seats at very short notice.
The interiors of the rooms are shabby-chic, as becomes a small english hotel.

Room Tip: my request for a room with a view was easily accommodated. i was even upgraded to a suite, much to m...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

What a kind review, thank you so much for taking the time to leave your comments here. It is such a pleasure to read such a glowing review. I was delighted to hear you enjoyed your dinner at Outlaw's and that the team were able to assist with booking your tickets. I very much hope you will be coming back to the hotel soon.