“Wonderful hotel, great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Connaught

The Connaught
Ranked #6 of 1,088 Hotels in London
treviso
“Wonderful hotel, great experience!”
Reviewed 12 December 2011

The Connaught is exactly what a 5 star hotel should be! From the moment you arrive the service is impeccable. The gentleman who checked me in was professional and welcoming, he made sure to ask me if there was anything I required during my stay and arranged my wake up call and coffee to be delivered whilst escorting me to my room.

You feel as if they take care of your every need before you need to ask. The room I stayed in was spacious. The bathroom with its separate shower and all the other luxuries ticked all the boxed and they have converted me to the Bamford products!

I did visit the bar in the evening for a night cap and once again the service was amazing.

If you are looking for a elegant hotel that offers traditional British service with discretion and warmth this is the perfect London hotel. I most certainly will be staying there again!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Katiie_will_travel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 27 November 2011

We've stayed at the Connaught for 3 nights november 2011. It's really a great hotel, wondefull location , nice rooms and very very nice service. I only have one remark to make and that's the bar. The Connaught hotel has 2 beautiful bars but we couldn't get a table. We were 7 in total and we know that's a lot but in my opinion if you stay 3 nights and you book 4 rooms it is unacceptable that you can't have a drink at the bar in your hotel after a day of shopping.

• Stayed November 2011
3 Thank Weegschaal
TheConnaughtLondon, General Manager at The Connaught, responded to this review, 1 December 2011
Thank you for your feedback following your stay with us in November. I was delighted to read your very kind comments, however, so sorry for your experience in trying to get a table in the bar.

I fully appreciate your disappointment and offer my sincere apologies and this is something we are currently addressing in order to find a solution for all our guests.

I hope we might have the pleasure of welcoming you back and please do let me know if I can ever be of assistance, as it would be my pleasure.

Nathalie Seiler-Hayez
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 27 November 2011

I often stay at Knightsbridge hotel but chose The Connaught this time around and was delighted with the stay from the warm, professional check-in to the comfort and spaciousness of room, a a handwritten welcome note, plus all of the automatic features in the bathroom. Breakfast in the main restaurant was delicious! Location in Mayfair is perfect walking distance to wonderful restaurants, shopping...and the Aman Spa is very well done (although not of the standard of the Aman spas in Asia.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank roxipod
Colorado
Reviewed 1 November 2011

This is a great place to stay. Some reviewers comment this is expensive, and it is, but fairly priced for the quality of the property in a central London location. Tea and breakfast were very good, not exceptional, the bar is good especially if you like cocktails. Again, $16 USD for a drink is steep, but again, you are in London and if you are form the US get used to the dollar not being the big kid on the block any more. This will be our go to lodging in London moving forward.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Happy freindly staff who know about service and keeping customers happy.
Pool is nice, when you get in feels warm, can just float away..
Got the feeling nothing was to much trouble and they even managed to sneak the breakfast trolley into the room without waking me up! Unforgettable hotel.

Room Tip: More money
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Lugano, Switzerland
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Excellent attitude from most of the staff, especially reception and the in house butlers. Some snobbery from the bar staff and service not good at all in the Espelette. Rooms are very small considering the price and the lack of any real lobby for guests to sit is a nuisance.

• Stayed October 2011
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 6 October 2011

One of the things I like the best about this hotel is its location. It is centrally located yet it is on a beautiful street that is very quiet and has beautiful architecture. I enjoyed a lot just walking around the hotel. The restaurant is very good as well and I thought the employees were cordial and friendly. My only complaint was that there was a problem with the shower drain in my room and it was bringing a horrible smell into my room. I placed many wet towels on top of the drain to block the smell and during the three days I was there nobody did anything to fix it. The only solution they gave me was to bring some kind of electrical device that blew room deodorizer into the bathroom but the smell was so bad it did not help. I think the manager should had moved us to a better room considering that I was already paying for an expensive room anyway. If I ever comeback to this hotel I will ask for a room in the newer part of the hotel. Mine was on the top floor of the old building.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
TheConnaughtLondon, General Manager at The Connaught, responded to this review, 12 October 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay with us in April. I am only sorry that we were not able to resolve the bathroom issue for some reason at the time and offer my sincere apologies. It would also appear on reading your review that due to our occupancy at the time of your stay we regrettably did not have alternative accommodation available.

We hope you will allow us another opportunity and please do let me know personally if I can ever be of assistance.

Nathalie Seiler-Hayez