“Perfection”
Review of The Connaught

The Connaught
Ranked #9 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed 15 December 2011

Just returned from London and stayed at The Connaught for the first time ever. I have been traveling to London for 25 years and have frequented Claridges, The Berkley, and The Savoy. The Connaught was always tired as I remembered and I was timid about giving it a try. I'm no longer confused and am now a "regular" at The Connaught. The hotel which was completely redone in 2007 is unparralled in its service, its ambience, its comfort, location, and staff. No need to look at the rest of this review. Everything will be checked "Excellent". Get to London and stay at The Connaught. I can't wait to go back, maybe next month, just to stay there. Happy Holidays!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank hmay3

Reviewed 12 December 2011

The Connaught is exactly what a 5 star hotel should be! From the moment you arrive the service is impeccable. The gentleman who checked me in was professional and welcoming, he made sure to ask me if there was anything I required during my stay and arranged my wake up call and coffee to be delivered whilst escorting me to my room.

You feel as if they take care of your every need before you need to ask. The room I stayed in was spacious. The bathroom with its separate shower and all the other luxuries ticked all the boxed and they have converted me to the Bamford products!

I did visit the bar in the evening for a night cap and once again the service was amazing.

If you are looking for a elegant hotel that offers traditional British service with discretion and warmth this is the perfect London hotel. I most certainly will be staying there again!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Katiie_will_travel
Reviewed 27 November 2011

We've stayed at the Connaught for 3 nights november 2011. It's really a great hotel, wondefull location , nice rooms and very very nice service. I only have one remark to make and that's the bar. The Connaught hotel has 2 beautiful bars but we couldn't get a table. We were 7 in total and we know that's a lot but in my opinion if you stay 3 nights and you book 4 rooms it is unacceptable that you can't have a drink at the bar in your hotel after a day of shopping.

• Stayed: November 2011
3  Thank Weegschaal
TheConnaughtLondon, General Manager at The Connaught, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2011

Thank you for your feedback following your stay with us in November. I was delighted to read your very kind comments, however, so sorry for your experience in trying to get a table in the bar.

I fully appreciate your disappointment and offer my sincere apologies and this is something we are currently addressing in order to find a solution for all our guests.

I hope we might have the pleasure of welcoming you back and please do let me know if I can ever be of assistance, as it would be my pleasure.

Nathalie Seiler-Hayez

Reviewed 27 November 2011

I often stay at Knightsbridge hotel but chose The Connaught this time around and was delighted with the stay from the warm, professional check-in to the comfort and spaciousness of room, a a handwritten welcome note, plus all of the automatic features in the bathroom. Breakfast in the main restaurant was delicious! Location in Mayfair is perfect walking distance to wonderful restaurants, shopping...and the Aman Spa is very well done (although not of the standard of the Aman spas in Asia.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank roxipod
Reviewed 1 November 2011

This is a great place to stay. Some reviewers comment this is expensive, and it is, but fairly priced for the quality of the property in a central London location. Tea and breakfast were very good, not exceptional, the bar is good especially if you like cocktails. Again, $16 USD for a drink is steep, but again, you are in London and if you are form the US get used to the dollar not being the big kid on the block any more. This will be our go to lodging in London moving forward.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Happy freindly staff who know about service and keeping customers happy.
Pool is nice, when you get in feels warm, can just float away..
Got the feeling nothing was to much trouble and they even managed to sneak the breakfast trolley into the room without waking me up! Unforgettable hotel.

Room Tip: More money
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Excellent attitude from most of the staff, especially reception and the in house butlers. Some snobbery from the bar staff and service not good at all in the Espelette. Rooms are very small considering the price and the lack of any real lobby for guests to sit is a nuisance.

• Stayed: October 2011