The Connaught
Ranked #11 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Brought my 15 year old son on my business trip - we both enjoyed a white linen service breakfast in the glass enclosed restaurant. Our room was in the new wing in the back of the hotel the Connaught offers a perfect Old English experience with accommodating staff but a modern room a comfortable bed, beautiful "spa" bathroom and good A/C. Location is in the center of Mayfair - around the corner from Berkeley Square, 2 min walk to Hyde Park and 5 min walk to Oxford Street.

Room Tip: Rooms in the new wing are far superior - I objected to the first room that I was given as too small...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank tabringit9
Nathalie S, General Manager at The Connaught, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

I am delighted you and your son enjoyed your stay and our location in Mayfair is ideal for getting around London. We all hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back when you are next in “London”.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

If you can afford the price of the smallest room, so there is no other place to stay in London. Very close for your expensive shopping in Mayfair. Discretion and english style. Oh I forgot.... Have a drink at the bar and watch the staff doing the cocktails...it is very chic whyle sipping a glass of Krug.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Husy27

I am delighted you had an enjoyable stay with us and indeed watching our staff in the bars preparing cocktails is truly an amazing sight. We all hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

In June this year I was fortunate to be visiting the Connaught for afternoon tea.
I have visited the Ritz on a few occasions and have to say this was streets ahead in every way.
The welcome and service was exceptional with attentive friendly staff unlike the Ritz with overweight disinterested staff.
The food selection was fresh,original, and looked stunning.
I will certainly be back next time I am in London.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ScotlandSarah

Thank you so much for your review. I am delighted you enjoyed your Afternoon Tea and we all look forward to welcoming you back again when you are next in London.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

This hotel sets the gold standard for service. Everyone on the staff, servers, doormen, concierge, desk staff are professional, friendly and attentive, in a warm natural way. The concierge service was almost unbelievable, often politely suggesting you to change a restaurant reservation since a far better one was available and was a better choice in the same genre and price range. They were always right. The hotel is old but meticulously maintained, in one of the prettiest squares in Mayfair. The hotel is expensive, even for London, but staying there is a memorable life experience and well worth every farthing and more.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank jflocks

Thank you so much for your review and I am truly delighted to read your wonderful comments on our staff and in particular our Concierge. We all hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Pros:
1. Suite was modern, spacious and well-equipped.
2. Restaurants and bars are top notch.
3. The staff are very friendly and professional.
4. Wonderful location in Mayfair - walking distance to the Oxford Street rush and Bond Street shopping therapy.
Cons:
1. The pool was out of service during the stay.
Tips:
1. Location is second to none.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank schroediee
Nathalie S, General Manager at The Connaught, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you so much for your review and lovely comments; I am only sorry that our pool was out of service and very much regret any disappointment caused. I do hope you will return and if I can ever assist in any way, do let me know.

With best wishes,

Reviewed 21 May 2014

To celebrate my wife's special birthday we returned to our London home from home.Whilst residing in such a high class hotel there is sometimes an unconscious desire to discover something not quite right, - the Hotels Achilles heel. There is no such thing at the Connaught. A peaceful and tranquil haven amidst the hustle and bustle of London life. The staff / team,accommodation,food,Spa and all other facilities were impeccable. We're already planning our next visit

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank shark3132

Thank you so much for your review. I am truly delighted you found us to be a peaceful and tranquil haven in the centre of London and we are all delighted you are already planning your next visit. Please do not hesitate in letting me know if I can assist in any way as it would be my pleasure.

With best wishes,

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Everything is perfect in this hotel:
- good location, especially if your interests are close to Myfair and Hyde Park
- the rooms are calm and not as small as in many of London hotels
- excellent concierge service
- very good bar and restaurant (although it could be a problem to get a table there as it is quite popular place)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Evgeny M
Nathalie S, General Manager at The Connaught, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Thank you so much for your review and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay.

We all hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.