The Dorchester
US$187
Agoda.com
US$203
1,669 results
All reviewsafternoon teachina tangalain ducassepromenade barpark lanepure luxuryoverlooking hyde parkroom servicebottle of champagnethe ritzbeautiful roombirthday treatbuckingham palaceworcesterconciergeclaridgesfoyer
Reviewed 13 April 2011

One of several bars in the hotel, very good drinks, music OK and not too loud, ugly interior and the waiters are way too pushy: your glass is not yet empty when they already ask what you want to drink; clear instructions from management to boost the consumption??!!!

Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank ikke48
thedorchester, Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback.
I was however concerned to read your comments following your stay with us at The Dorchester in respect of your experience in The Bar, and I would like to assure you that it is not at all representative of the hotel. I would be most grateful for the opportunity to speak with you in person to discuss your comments further, and would therefore ask you to kindly contact me directly here at the hotel.
I look forward to hearing from you at your convenience.
Yours faithfully,

Reviewed 20 March 2011

Ive stayed at the dorchester many times and even had a week here for christmas a couple of years back, a charming hotel very exclusive and I love china teng one of the restaurants especially the whole aromatic duck which is carved at the table for you...very lovely for special occasions and a nice bar too

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank phoebewillett
thedorchester, Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent visit to The Dorchester.
We are truly delighted to note that yourself and your family all thoroughly enjoyed your return visit to the hotel, and in particular to China Tang, as it is our aim at The Dorchester to surpass all our guests’ expectations, and to provide a sense of occasion in timeless surroundings.
Please also be assured that I have passed your very kind comments to all of the staff concerned, particularly to the team at China Tang. We are most grateful for your feedback and will strive to continue to accommodate all of our guests’ requests whenever possible and ensure a truly memorable experience.
With thanks once again and as a loyal and long-standing guest we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Dorchester in the very near future.

Yours sincerely,

Director of Food and Beverage

Reviewed 19 March 2011

I was the luckiest girl in the world on my 40th birthday in Jan 20111 my lovely boyfriend treated me to a night stay at the Dorchester in London , the staff were fantastic all the staff that is, absolutely next to none. We had dinner at the grill restaurant which was lovely and I was also treated to a birthday cake surprise. We had cocktails in the promonade room and also in the bar all together a fantastic time would recommend to all and would without a doubt return for another treat

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
We are truly delighted to note that both you and your partner thoroughly enjoyed your celebratory visit to the hotel and in particular to The Grill, The Promenade and The Bar as it is our aim at The Dorchester to surpass all our guests’ expectations, and to provide a sense of occasion in timeless surroundings.
Please also be assured that I have passed your very kind comments to all of the staff concerned. We are most grateful for your feedback and I am delighted to note that we were able to contribute in ensuring your visit was a truly memorable occasion.
With thanks once again and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Dorchester in the very near future.

Yours sincerely,

Director of Food and Beverage

Reviewed 14 March 2011

This is it! It is the ideal prototype of the ultra-best 5-start hotel imaginable, something that essentially is no longer there -- except for the Dorchester.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank sulikashinka
thedorchester, Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for posting you comments following your stay with us.

I was extremely pleased to read your kind comments and I do hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Yours Sincerely,

Kostas Sfaltos
Executive Assistant Manager, Rooms

Reviewed 11 March 2011

I recently stayed at the Dorchester for the first time with my husband, not for a special occasion just to enjoy some time together without the children. From the moment I booked with the lovely manager of reservations, I won't mention her name in fear of embarrassing her, it was clear this hotel was one that took great pride and care ensuring every guest is perfectly looked after.
We had booked a standard room but on arrival were treated to a complimentry upgrade and our room was magnificent. Extremely comfortable beds and a bath so deep you could only just see out the top! That evening we dined at Alain Ducasse and the meal was outstanding, the food tasted exquisite and the staff were professional but friendly the perfect mix. This hotel still retains the one thing that many other grand hotels in London have lost and that's class. It's not just in the lovely furnishings and gorgeous food, although that obviously helps, it's more in the making every guest feel welcome and special and that is where the Dorchester exceeds expectations.
Having read a review below of the doorman, I feel compelled to add that they took great care of my husbands car, ( his 4th baby) and were extremely charming every time we arrived or left the hotel. So all in all a glowing review and I would definately recommend this hotel to couples seeking a romantic break. I am returning in April with my family for an overnight visit and am looking forward to seeing how they cope with my young children...

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
thedorchester, Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2011

Dear Mrs Pattison,
Thank you for taking the time to share your reveiw of your recent stay at The Dorchester.

We are thrilled that you and your husband enjoyed your time at the hotel and your visit to Alain Ducasse. We are happy to hear that your experience lived up to your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Dorchester in April.

Sincerly,