The Dorchester
US$410
US$256
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$210
US$170
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
London House Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$491
US$200
US$166
1,656 results
All reviewsafternoon teachina tangalain ducassepromenade barpark lanepure luxuryoverlooking hyde parkroom servicebottle of champagnethe ritzbeautiful roombirthday treatbuckingham palaceworcesterconciergeclaridgesfoyer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 December 2011

My husband and I have nothing but wonderful things to say about our afternoon tea at The Dorchester. We were visiting London for our honeymoon and I insisted that he take me to a tea and The Dorchester did not disappoint.

The hotel itself is lovely to walk through; all of the staff were gracious, accommodating, and very nice; and the food and tea were superb and plentiful! I really feel that I need to emphasize that the staff were all so lovely and nice. That is really something you don't see everywhere and I appreciate it very much.

In terms of food, there were finger sandwiches (all delicious but the seafood was the best), scones with clotted cream and jam, and then mini desserts. They even came around and kept offering us more of everything! We could not eat another bite by the time we left! Everything was very tasty and it was basically a full meal.

We chose whatever their basic tea experience was (no champagne, etc.) but it was entirely delightful and we did not want for anything. It was not an inexpensive visit, but it is certainly comparable in price to other higher end afternoon tea venues. For what we experienced, we both feel it was entirely worth it.

All in all, we HIGHLY recommend taking tea at The Dorchester!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bryley522
PromenadeDorchester, Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2012

Dear Guest,
I am truly delighted to read your kind comments; thank you for taking the time to share your positive review. I hope that you and your husband enjoyed the rest of your honeymoon and London and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Dorchester in the future.
Renaud Gregoire
Director of Food and Beverage

Reviewed 8 December 2011

I booked afternoon tea at The Dorchester as a 90th birthday treat for my grandmother. The food, service, staff and whole experience was wonderful.

My grandmother had a wonderful and memorable afternoon with the staff presenting her with a birthday cake and Happy Birthday being played on the piano.

We were both made to feel special. The staff were attentive taking photographs of the occasion for my grandmother. Nothing was to much trouble.

I would recommend The Dorchester for afternoon tea i thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank localhero99
PromenadeDorchester, Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2011

Dear Guest,
I am delighted to hear you enjoyed Afternoon Tea at The Dorchester whilst celebrating such an exciting milestone and I am incredibly pleased that your experience lived up to your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.
Renaud Gregoire
Director of Food and Beverage

Reviewed 2 December 2011

Had a Brilliant time at the hotel, really worth the money and also the restaurant Alain Duchassee was fantastic my best restaurant, great staff and not over bearing

Room Tip: Ask for a suite there great!!!!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank brendanJersey
thedorchester, Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2011

Dear Guest,
I’m happy to read your comments about your stay at The Dorchester. I will be sure to pass your compliments along to the team in Alain Ducasse who will be very pleased to hear your feedback.
We look forward to welcoming you back to The Dorchester in the future.

Reviewed 30 November 2011

Stayed here just before Christmas 2010 and it was an amazing experience. The room was fantastic and staff were first class. There was nothing I could criticise, and it's not very often I write that in a review! We are planning to make it an annual event so will be returning in a few weeks' time, can't wait! My favourite hotel in the world is Dar al Masyaf in Dubai but this one comes an extremely close second (only the weather lets it down!)

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank snailrunner

Dear Guest,
I’m delighted to hear about your stay at The Dorchester last year. We are all ready the festive season with Christmas decorations adorning the hotel. We hope you enjoy it and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 29 November 2011

The staff go beyond their way to help you. They put candles in my scrambed egg for my birthday which I thought was very impressionable and something I shall remember. Rooms though I thought slightly outdated, others might call it traditional charm. The beds where comfy and the rooms cleaned flawlessly of couse.The bathrooms are amazing and the bath a great size! It's situated in a great location with taxis allways ready to take you where you need to go, and the oxford street-selfridges it was about £14. The dinners are so-so but the breakfasts are amaaazing! I would recomend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your kind comments about The Dorchester. I’m very happy that you enjoyed your birthday breakfast.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Dorchester again in the future.