“Magical weekend”
Review of The Dorchester

The Dorchester
Ranked #49 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 8 December 2012

Stayed two nights at the Dorchester lovely room with a very comfy bed , the service was excellent all the staff could not do enough for you . Food was superb loved the breakfast served in the room
Well worth the money. The Dochester has a lovely comfy feel and the Christmas tree and decoration definately made me feel in the Christmas mood. Thanks to all the staff for making our weekend magical

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
thedorchester, Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2012

Dear saz16,
Many thanks for taking the time to write about The Dorchester. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your visit and that our Christmas decorations gave you a sense of the season. I look forward to seeing you on another occasion.

There are newer reviews for The Dorchester

Reviewed 7 December 2012

I booked for a one night stay for my annual Christmas trip to London with a friend. I had searched a few hotels but decided upon The Dorchester. Was it worth it? Absolutely.
Everything from the moment we arrived until the moment we left, everything was flawlesss. Nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff (even delivering a toothbrush and toothpaste to me at 2am when I realised I had not packed mine). The cocktails are amazing, the breakfast to die for and the genuine care and consideration from the staff second to none.
There was an unfortunate incident when my friend checked a bag into the cloakroom and an item was broken when the attendant dropped her bag. The hotel sent someone to go to Fortnum & Mason's and replace the broken item for her. What fantastic service is that?
I am looking to spend a couple of days in London in the Spring and believe I will be hard pushed to find a better hotel than this for my stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends

Dear atfran132,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review of your recent stay at The Dorchester. It is a pleasure to read how much you and your friend enjoyed every moment of your stay including the cocktails and breakfast. We look forward to welcoming you back soon again.

Reviewed 4 December 2012

Me and my mother visited for her birthday late November, we are still overwhelmed by our stay and the service we received. We were treated like royalty the while time, nothing was too much trouble for them, everything tied up, all previous planned arrangements went perfectly. A lovely free bottle of bubbly. If a place like the Dorchester can treat 'nobodies' like this when they are dealing with the rich and famous day in day out then they deserve all the praise they get. Oh and the pillows were heavenly!

Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
thedorchester, Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2012

Dear MrsReese86,
Thank you for your very kind feedback following your recent stay at The Dorchester. I am delighted to read that you chose to celebrate your mothers birthday with us and how much you both enjoyed the experience. I will share your kind comments with the team and I look forward to welcoming you both back in the hopefully not too distant future.

Reviewed 3 December 2012

We love staying at the dorchester and always enjoy our overnight stay at the beginning of December when we go to London for Christmas shopping. As ever the room and staff were great.
However, arriving for breakfast at around 10.00am on Sunday morning we found people having to queue and we were being told of a wait time of 30-40 minutes. The two girls behind the lecturn were getting a little flustered as people were getting angry and walking away. I accept that there are only so many seats and tables but the staff must have had some idea as to when people turn up for breakfast plus, it's the Dorchester and we're are paying good money for great service. Things seemed to improve a little when management arrived, but by then the damage had been done. Our actual wait was still around 20 minutes. It won't stop us visiting again but you don't expect this sort of issue at London's best.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
thedorchester, Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2012

Dear Peter C,
Many thanks for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay at The Dorchester and I am delighted to read that you chose to stay with us prior to your Christmas Shopping. It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the room and service but I am disappointed to read about the wait for breakfast in The Promenade. All feedback is of value to us and I can assure you that we will address your concerns and I look forward to welcoming you back personally when you next return.

Reviewed 3 December 2012

I decided to take my mum to The Dorchester for 3 nights for her birthday. We were treated like royalty from before we even arrived. I emailed ahead to explain the purpose of our visit, and they ensured that notes were added to our booking. To our surprise we were upgraded on arrival. On a side note, Rod Stewart was standing in the lobby! When we arrived to our very spacious room, there was a lovely Birthday Cake on display, with a huge fruit bowl, box of chocolates, and a letter from the manager welcoming us to the hotel. What a great start to our trip. I made a reservation at China Tang, the in-house chinese restaurant. It was probably the best Chinese restaurant we have ever dined at. The quality of the meat was superb. I'd highly recommend it. We used the bar a few times during our stay. Sat next to Chris Eubank and Matt Goss. Another lovely experience for my mum! Breakfast was probably the best thing about our stay. The amount/quality was second to none, and the service was very attentive. I will return as soon as possible.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank CraigNewcastle

Dear CraigNewcastle,
Many thanks for taking the time to leave such kind feedback of your recent stay at The Dorchester. I am delighted to read that you chose us to celebrate your mother’s birthday with us and how welcomed you felt during your stay. It will be a pleasure to share your feedback with China Tang and the rest of the team and I hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back soon again.

Reviewed 2 December 2012

Having gone to London for a random day out, our car decided to misbehave, so knowing we were unable to get home (2hrs away) we checked into the Dorchester....we were not dressed to the nines, and probably looked a little dishevelled, yet the staff couldn't have been more helpful, friendly and accomodating, upgrading us to a wonderful suite with a jacuzzi bath, lounge and dining room! We've stayed in many hotels, but will now go out of our way to stay here! The front of house staff were fantastic.

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear Instructdrive,
Many thanks for taking the time to leave such a kind review of your recent stay at The Dorchester and I am delighted to read that we were able to accommodate following your car troubles. It will be a pleasure to share your review with the team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 1 December 2012 via mobile

I agree it has the history and great location but i don't think the service no longer befits the definition of a luxury hotel. I woke up in the morning to find that there is no toothbrush and no toothpaste available in our room. For the amount that they charge you would think that they can afford a toothpaste right? I then called up room service to send me one, waited hour and no one showed up. Now the worst part is that this place has I think most neglected security service. What I lost was an insignificant and perhaps a trivial stuff. Oh well, so what someone else wanted it. Not jewelry and not cash money. After checking out I called back the hotel to request them to look for the item I lost. I informed them that I either left it in the hotel room or someone just snatched it while it was under storage with concierge. The security personel promised to call me back. It's been two days now and I haven't even received an apology call. It doesn't matter what I lost but it's lack of attention and negligence that really bothered me. For fellow travellers, not worth staying. The hotel has become somewhat lackluster in service and attention.

1  Thank Tuyashka

Dear Tuyashka,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay at The Dorchester. I have been able to go over the details with our security staff and I am sorry that your stay did not live up to your expectations. Please can I politely ask that you contact me directly here at the hotel?
Kind regards, John Scanlon, Hotel Manager, The Dorchester, Dorchester Collection.