1,731 results
All reviews afternoon tea china tang alain ducasse promenade bar park lane pure luxury room service bottle of champagne the ritz beautiful room wonderful hotel buckingham palace worcester concierge claridges pounds
Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

This is by far the best in London and one of my favorite in the entire world. The staff are very professional and super friendly. The hotel is rich in history and is fabulously classic.

A great number of world celebrities and heads of states have stayed here. Amazing food indeed and wonderful restaurants! The rooms are so great and each room has its own style and decor. The lobby lounge (The Promenade) is one of the most over booked place in London for a fine afternoon tea.The location is well appointed in Park Lane. To summarize, this is #1 in london.

Stayed: January 2013
Roland_Fasel, General Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Dear Marafi_Qatar,
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review of your experience at The Dorchester. I am delighted to read that you enjoy the service from the team here as well as our food, restaurants and our rooms. I will share your comments with the team here and I look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit.
Kind regards, Roland Fasel, General Manager & Regional Director, UK The Dorchester, Dorchester Collection

Reviewed 3 October 2013

I had always wanted to stay at The Dorchester. It seems so grand and quintessentially British. Well, the lobby is anyway. We stayed six nights and after the first night asked to change rooms. We were staying in a standard king room and all I can say is it was shabby without the chic. Furniture is worn out, rug unraveling, and really no light as there was only a small window. For the pleasure of $100 USD more per night, we got moved to a refurbished room (ask when you check in).

The hallways really smell like grandma's attic - no kidding.

The service was also very hit and miss (as it turns out).

-- We tried on two separate evenings to get a bottle of champagne put on ice before we returned to the hotel but both times we returned to the room with no ice bucket (and this was with several hours notice). To be fair, after whining about it (because I was not happy), two complimentary glasses of champagne did show up with a nice bowl of nuts.

-- Thinking it was an apology, a fruit plate also showed up (it was put in our room but not meant for us). Sorry Mr. Smith but you will not be getting your welcome fruit plate.

-- When we moved rooms they didn't bring the guard railing for the toddler bed. We called and called. When we got back to the room late, there was a guard rail but it was literally in about 20 pieces laying on the ground by the door with the box next to it. Where we suppose to put it together for them?

On the plus side, the housekeeping staff are really good. Your room looks great when you return. They adjust the number of towels you need based on how you use them. The sheets are also extremely soft.

I've read all the reviews of how fabulous the service is and how special they make you feel -- we just didn't get that. We have been fortunate to stay in some fabulous five-star hotels around the world and this experience just didn't stack up.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Brenda W

Dear Brenda W,
Thank you for taking the time to leave such detailed feedback on your recent visit to The Dorchester. I am, however, concerned to read that your experience did not live up to your expectations and, as all guest feedback we receive is of the utmost importance to us, I would very much like to discuss your experience further. If you would, therefore, be kind enough to contact John Scanlon, my hotel manager, directly at the hotel he will be happy to discuss your disappointment further.

Kind regards, Roland Fasel, General Manager & Regional Director, UK, The Dorchester, Dorchester Collection

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Attended a wedding reception here in the Orchid Suite a few weeks ago and was very impressed with the everything from the level of staff attentiveness to the decor and design. This was definitely a step out of my normal life and my wife and I appreciated the little touches. For example my wife is breastfeeding so needed to express during the night and the staff quickly found her somewhere private to do so. I was clearly aware that a hotel such as the Dorchester things don't come cheap but a couple of times I had to say "Ouch!" when the barman told me the price of the drinks at the bar. £7 bottles of cider were the cheapest I think.

Overall the bride and groom were happy and my wife and I got to enjoy the opulence of a posh London hotel. Shame my wallet is so much lighter but oh well.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank savvy_traveller23
Roland_Fasel, General Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Dear savvy_travellers23,
Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review of your recent visit to The Dorchester for a wedding reception. I am pleased to read your kind comments on the service, décor and design of the Orchid suite and how much you and your wife enjoyed the whole experience. I will be sure to share your kind comments with the team here and I hope to be able to welcome you both back at some time in the future.
Kind regards, Roland Fasel, General Manager and Regional Director – UK, The Dorchester, Dorchester Collection

Reviewed 30 September 2013

We stayed again at the Dorchester on Saturday, 28th September; my wife claimed that she was in need of a dose of retail therapy!

I can only describe how we were treated by the staff as quite outstanding. We arrived early and were taken down to the bar for a drink. The staff at reception and all of the bar staff really looked as if they were enjoying their jobs and that we were the most important people in the hotel.

I know that one should expect excellent customer service from a quality hotel but this was on another level. Our room was extremely good, very clean and comfortable with a full range of TV channels which is unusual these days.

Our only disappointment was that we were, once again, unable to book into either of the 2 great restaurants in the hotel. I will clearly have to plan much further in advance!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Roland_Fasel, General Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Dear Philip K,
It is my pleasure to read how much you and your wife enjoyed your recent stay at The Dorchester and thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am delighted to read how much you both enjoyed your room and how highly you valued the service during your visit. I look forward to welcoming you both back in the not too distant future and please don’t hesitate to contact Stephan Lafon, Director of food and beverage who will be happy to assist with any restaurant bookings you might require.

Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

Having stayed here many a time, I feel it only right to say how fabulous The Dorchester makes you feel. It really turns a weekend in London, into an amazing weekend in London.
We booked a family time weekend break (two rooms for the price of one) to do some Christmas shopping with the kids. The free sweet shop won the kids over.
From the start you have no worries. Drive up to the door, let the doormen park your car (reasonable rates for Central London), if you need the congestion charge paid they will sort that out too!
The whole atmosphere is relaxing and almost makes you forget you are in the hussle and bustle of London. The rooms are lovely and are some of the only hotel rooms I have been to that are a pleasure to just sit in and relax.
The breakfast if perfect, you can have exactly what you want, how could you criticise that!?
We love it there, so much that we are on our way back at the end of October.

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear Steve B,
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a kind review of your experience staying at The Dorchester. I am delighted that you chose to celebrate Christmas with us as a family and how much you enjoyed the experience including the sweet shop in the lobby as well as the rooms, dining and atmosphere. I will share your comments with the team here and I look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit at the end of October.