1,727 results
All reviews afternoon tea china tang alain ducasse promenade bar park lane pure luxury room service bottle of champagne the ritz beautiful room wonderful hotel buckingham palace worcester concierge claridges pounds
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I visited recently and took my friend out for a meal as a treat. We had a fabulous time

The Positives:

Great food, location, warm welcome and the ambience is magnificent. I find the Dorchester better and much more friendlier than the Ritz or the Waldorf.

The Negitives:

This is difficult as the food is always very good and it is a lovely place to eat & drink. The only issue this time was the wait for drinks to be served, however to be fair it was very busy and we were in no rush.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Roland_Fasel, General Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Dear Robert B,
Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review of your recent to The Dorchester. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your warm welcome and the ambiance as well as the food during your visit; however I am sorry to read about your wait to receive drinks. I will share your comments with the team here and I very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Kind regards, Roland Fasel, General Manager and Regional Director, UK, The Dorchester, Dorchester Collection

Reviewed 12 October 2013

We got a very good rate for this hotel, booked as a birthday treat. The room did not have a good view, but it was spacious and the bed was very comfortable. A bowl of fruit was provided.
We had afternoon tea, which is definitely recommended. Magnificent service and a lovely ambience on The Promenade.
We had a few cocktails in the bar, which was expensive and a little claustrophobic, but atmospheric.
The hotel is well located for a stroll around London's landmarks and we felt very pleased to be staying there.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JudithCharming
Roland_Fasel, General Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear JudithCharming,
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent birthday stay at The Dorchester. I am delighted that you and your family had the opportunity to enjoy afternoon tea in The Promenade and cocktails in the bar as well as being able to stroll around some of London’s central landmarks during your visit and to read how much you enjoyed the overall experience. I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
Kind regards, Roland Fasel, General Manager and Regional Director –UK, The Dorchester, Dorchester Collection

Reviewed 11 October 2013

I stayed in the Dorchester last year. I had a fabulous time. The Reception and the main lobby is absolutely stunning with its massive flower vases and fresh flowers. It has the old traditional style and everything is to a very high standard. You can feel the grant atmosphere form the first time you enter the Hotel. I would recommend this Hotel at any time.

Room Tip: Ask for a coffee and tea set in your room, it appears not to be there unless you request it.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Stefan H,
I thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on your most recent visit to The Dorchester. It is a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed the experience and how highly you valued the service, the décor and the atmosphere. I will share your kind words with our florist and the rest of the team and I very much look forward to welcoming you during your next visit.
Kind regards, Roland Fasel, General Manager and Regional Director – UK, The Dorchester, Dorchester Collection

Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

This is by far the best in London and one of my favorite in the entire world. The staff are very professional and super friendly. The hotel is rich in history and is fabulously classic.

A great number of world celebrities and heads of states have stayed here. Amazing food indeed and wonderful restaurants! The rooms are so great and each room has its own style and decor. The lobby lounge (The Promenade) is one of the most over booked place in London for a fine afternoon tea.The location is well appointed in Park Lane. To summarize, this is #1 in london.

Stayed: January 2013
Roland_Fasel, General Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Dear Marafi_Qatar,
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review of your experience at The Dorchester. I am delighted to read that you enjoy the service from the team here as well as our food, restaurants and our rooms. I will share your comments with the team here and I look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit.
Kind regards, Roland Fasel, General Manager & Regional Director, UK The Dorchester, Dorchester Collection

Reviewed 3 October 2013

I had always wanted to stay at The Dorchester. It seems so grand and quintessentially British. Well, the lobby is anyway. We stayed six nights and after the first night asked to change rooms. We were staying in a standard king room and all I can say is it was shabby without the chic. Furniture is worn out, rug unraveling, and really no light as there was only a small window. For the pleasure of $100 USD more per night, we got moved to a refurbished room (ask when you check in).

The hallways really smell like grandma's attic - no kidding.

The service was also very hit and miss (as it turns out).

-- We tried on two separate evenings to get a bottle of champagne put on ice before we returned to the hotel but both times we returned to the room with no ice bucket (and this was with several hours notice). To be fair, after whining about it (because I was not happy), two complimentary glasses of champagne did show up with a nice bowl of nuts.

-- Thinking it was an apology, a fruit plate also showed up (it was put in our room but not meant for us). Sorry Mr. Smith but you will not be getting your welcome fruit plate.

-- When we moved rooms they didn't bring the guard railing for the toddler bed. We called and called. When we got back to the room late, there was a guard rail but it was literally in about 20 pieces laying on the ground by the door with the box next to it. Where we suppose to put it together for them?

On the plus side, the housekeeping staff are really good. Your room looks great when you return. They adjust the number of towels you need based on how you use them. The sheets are also extremely soft.

I've read all the reviews of how fabulous the service is and how special they make you feel -- we just didn't get that. We have been fortunate to stay in some fabulous five-star hotels around the world and this experience just didn't stack up.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Brenda W

Dear Brenda W,
Thank you for taking the time to leave such detailed feedback on your recent visit to The Dorchester. I am, however, concerned to read that your experience did not live up to your expectations and, as all guest feedback we receive is of the utmost importance to us, I would very much like to discuss your experience further. If you would, therefore, be kind enough to contact John Scanlon, my hotel manager, directly at the hotel he will be happy to discuss your disappointment further.

Kind regards, Roland Fasel, General Manager & Regional Director, UK, The Dorchester, Dorchester Collection