1,729 results
All reviews afternoon tea china tang alain ducasse promenade bar park lane pure luxury room service bottle of champagne the ritz beautiful room wonderful hotel buckingham palace worcester concierge claridges pounds
Reviewed 29 October 2013

UKHA just hosted the annual Business Lunch at the Dorchester. 400 people attended that lunch. Knowing the reputation of this hotel the expectations were very high. We were certainly not disappointed it was just perfect. The employees were so professional everything went smoothly, was timely and organised. We had to ask for nothing; even what we did not think of was pre-empted. The Managers working the rooms attended to everything.
Well done to the chefs who prepared such a fine menu for so many people, to the Housekeeper and florist for the beautiful floral arrangements and to the BQ team for this superb achievement and very welcoming manner.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Pure luxury! The afternoon tea after London sightseeing in this hotel is simply astonishing...and also the room service (we ordered dinner in room since I was slightly sick). Staff is helpful and friendly, not superb as one could expect in a Hotel like this. Ideal choice for Russian guests...but also for all the others! Looking forward to be back, especially to the enchanting SPA.
GM

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Martina G
Roland_Fasel, General Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Dear Martina G,
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay at The Dorchester. I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your afternoon tea in The Promenade and that you were able to enjoy our in-room dining during your stay. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to The Dorchester in the not too distant future.
Kind regards, Roland Fasel, General Manager and Regional Director – UK, The Dorchester, Dorchester Collection

Reviewed 17 October 2013

My partner and I held our Civil Partnership at The Dorchesters Penthouse and Pavilion and it really was the most perfect day from start to finish.

The staff are a real asset to this hotel from the doorman to the house keepers, the waiting staff and the managers. We received nothing short of exceptional service.

The food was outstanding, the Park Suite we stayed in mind blowing, the spa treatments heavenly, I could go on and on.

Anybody looking for the perfect wedding venue look no further than The Dorchester.

A HUGE thank you to The Dorchester and all the staff involved for making our wedding day so special.

We look forward to returning again very soon.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FunkyJameseo
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I visited recently and took my friend out for a meal as a treat. We had a fabulous time

The Positives:

Great food, location, warm welcome and the ambience is magnificent. I find the Dorchester better and much more friendlier than the Ritz or the Waldorf.

The Negitives:

This is difficult as the food is always very good and it is a lovely place to eat & drink. The only issue this time was the wait for drinks to be served, however to be fair it was very busy and we were in no rush.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Roland_Fasel, General Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Dear Robert B,
Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review of your recent to The Dorchester. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your warm welcome and the ambiance as well as the food during your visit; however I am sorry to read about your wait to receive drinks. I will share your comments with the team here and I very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Kind regards, Roland Fasel, General Manager and Regional Director, UK, The Dorchester, Dorchester Collection

Reviewed 12 October 2013

We got a very good rate for this hotel, booked as a birthday treat. The room did not have a good view, but it was spacious and the bed was very comfortable. A bowl of fruit was provided.
We had afternoon tea, which is definitely recommended. Magnificent service and a lovely ambience on The Promenade.
We had a few cocktails in the bar, which was expensive and a little claustrophobic, but atmospheric.
The hotel is well located for a stroll around London's landmarks and we felt very pleased to be staying there.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JudithCharming
Roland_Fasel, General Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear JudithCharming,
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent birthday stay at The Dorchester. I am delighted that you and your family had the opportunity to enjoy afternoon tea in The Promenade and cocktails in the bar as well as being able to stroll around some of London’s central landmarks during your visit and to read how much you enjoyed the overall experience. I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
Kind regards, Roland Fasel, General Manager and Regional Director –UK, The Dorchester, Dorchester Collection