1,737 results
All reviews afternoon tea china tang alain ducasse promenade bar dorchester collection park lane pure luxury room service bottle of champagne the ritz beautiful room wonderful hotel buckingham palace worcester concierge claridges pounds
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I have been meaning to write this review for a year now so my apologies to the Hotel for the delay.

My wife and I had the good forture to stay here last year for one night to celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary as present from a member of our family. We arrived early to drop our bags off and enjoyed some drinks before going out for the afternoon. We were initially a little worried about it being a bit 'stuffy' but the staff were lovely offering exception service whilst being very friendly.

When we returned to be booked in the the lady at check in knew it was our anniversary although we had not told her. We got the impression something was afoot when we were told that we had been given an upgrade from our standard room and the staff exchanged soem smiles.

We were taken to the lift up to the 8th floor and then asked to wait for our butler! We then found that we had been upgraded to The Harlequin Suite which I can only describe as paradise.

Unfortunately we cannot afford to stay in establishments such as this but I can honestly say we were made to feel like millionaires. The staff made us feel so special (including breakfast in our own dining room served by our butler!) and it really made our anniversary the most amazing experience. The morning we were due to depart we were advised that the room was free that night and we did not need to worry about the usual departure time and could leave whenever we were ready.

Thanks so much to all the fantastic staff at the Dorchester, it is a beautiful place and if we ever win the lottery we will be regular visitors.

Room Tip: Harlequin Suite
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Roland_Fasel, General Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Dear daveproducer,
I thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review of your 25TH wedding anniversary here at The Dorchester. I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed the experience including the complimentary upgrade and breakfast in your suite. It will be my pleasure to share your kind feedback with the team here and I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back at some time in the future.
Kind regards, Roland Fasel, General Manager and Regional Director –UK, The Dorchester, Dorchester Collection

Reviewed 5 November 2013

I was lucky enough to stay at the Dorchester for five nights. The hotel is beautifully decorated in a traditional English style - especially the Promenade. The floral arrangements were amazing. The level of quality and service was consistent throughout - we had a beautiful room with large, marble bathroom), the women's locker rooms, spa and gym were small but well appointed, and the daily breakfast in the Promenade was a luxurious way to start the day. Every request was attended to promptly and the staff was professional, yet warm. I truly felt like a special, valued guest.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Roland_Fasel, General Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear storkling,
I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your recent stay at The Dorchester and how valued and looked after you felt. I’m pleased that you were able to enjoy dining in The Promenade, the spa and the gym during your stay and how much you appreciated the service. I will share your comments with the team here and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back during your next visit.
Kind regards, Roland Fasel, General Manager & Regional Director –UK, The Dorchester, Dorchester Collection

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I cannot praise The Dorchester and it's staff highly enough. My friend and I regularly visit the bar and restaurants when we are in London. However, this weekend was the first time we have stayed at the hotel as guests. It has always been a dream of mine to stay at the hotel and thought my 30th birthday was the perfect excuse to do so. Upon arrival we received a very personal greeting and were told that there was a very special surprise for me......... A free upgrade to the beautiful Oliver Messel Suite! As if this wasn't enough we were provided with a bottle of champagne on ice in the Suite. Over the weekend we had the pleasure of dining at China Tang and The Grill. The food and service at both restaurants being exceptional. However, as always, it was the fantastic service in The Bar which stood out. Paolo and his colleagues not only know how to make the best cocktails in town but how to treat guests. Thank you to everyone at The Dorchester for a memorable stay.... I hope it will be the first of many!

• Stayed: November 2013
Roland_Fasel, General Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear LionelEmmet,
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a kind review of your recent stay at The Dorchester to celebrate your 30th birthday. It is my pleasure to read how much you enjoyed the experience and how highly you valued the service and complimentary upgrade. I am delighted to read that you were able to enjoy dining in both The Grill and China Tang as well as cocktails in the bar. I will share your kind feedback with Paolo and the rest of the team and I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

UKHA just hosted the annual Business Lunch at the Dorchester. 400 people attended that lunch. Knowing the reputation of this hotel the expectations were very high. We were certainly not disappointed it was just perfect. The employees were so professional everything went smoothly, was timely and organised. We had to ask for nothing; even what we did not think of was pre-empted. The Managers working the rooms attended to everything.
Well done to the chefs who prepared such a fine menu for so many people, to the Housekeeper and florist for the beautiful floral arrangements and to the BQ team for this superb achievement and very welcoming manner.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Pure luxury! The afternoon tea after London sightseeing in this hotel is simply astonishing...and also the room service (we ordered dinner in room since I was slightly sick). Staff is helpful and friendly, not superb as one could expect in a Hotel like this. Ideal choice for Russian guests...but also for all the others! Looking forward to be back, especially to the enchanting SPA.
GM

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Martina G
Roland_Fasel, General Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Dear Martina G,
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay at The Dorchester. I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your afternoon tea in The Promenade and that you were able to enjoy our in-room dining during your stay. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to The Dorchester in the not too distant future.
Kind regards, Roland Fasel, General Manager and Regional Director – UK, The Dorchester, Dorchester Collection