“Nada Especial, mas el nombre”
Review of The Dorchester

The Dorchester
Ranked #50 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Solo me quede una noche, es muy caro, la habitación doble era enana, mis suegros también se quedaron una noche y su habitación enana también, decorada muy estilo antiguo, con muchas cosas, muy rimbombante...el bar genial, estaba Rod Steward tomandose una copa y se puso a tocar el piano!!eso fue lo único memorable, y la ubicacion.
We stayed one night, also my parents in law, the rooms are tiny and very old fashion. not value for money, the only thing that was great was the bar, we were there for a drink and Rod Steward was there having a drink and he got up and starting playing the piano and singing....that was great. Also de location.

Room Tip: pregunta en la recepción cuales son las habitaciones dobles mas grandes, las del primer piso eran mu...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
John S, Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear Familiapughcor,
I thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay at The Dorchester. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your drinks and the atmosphere in the bar. However I am sorry to read that your room did not live up to your expectations. I would very much like to receive further feedback on your experience and would ask that you kindly contact John Scanlon, hotel manager, directly.
Kind regards, Roland Fasel, General Manager & Regional Director –UK, The Dorchester, Dorchester Collection

Reviewed 7 March 2014

celebrated my 50th birthday 2days ago and was treated to a nights stay at the dorchester by my daughter.....waking up on the day of your 50th at such a sumptuous establishment was indeed a treat for me or so thought.
i was in room 841 which is adjacent to the automatic doors ad not far from the lift.
room was fab to look at, comfy , clean and a real treat to look at however the nightmare started when tried to fall asleep.
the banging and clanging of he lift and automatic doors kept me awake till gods cows what time. if ever i did drift off to sleep i would abruptly woken by the noise .
i woke up on my birthday with a horrid headache with the lack of sleep and was bitterly disappointed because i informed reception and they did nothing to compensate.....thats why i wont be going back to the dorchester ...a nightmare birthday that i won't forget.
must say however the room was beautiful but what uses that when you can't sleep soundly?
bitterly disappointed

Room Tip: don't choose room 841...you won't sleep a wink
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank melissabell29
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Its one of those places you just want to stay. I am glad I did and had a great experience. I probably felt a little out of place as everyone treated you like royalty. staff are amazing, A must stay for sure :)

Room Tip: Any room is good
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Frequent V,
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a kind review of your most recent visit to The Dorchester. I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed the experience and how highly you valued the service from our team. I will share your comments with everyone here and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Last weekend, I treated my parents to a long weekend at this fabulous hotel,and along, with other members of the family, we joined them for various overnight stays. My parents were celebrating their anniversary and joint 80th birthdays, and the hotel couldn't do enough to make sure the stay was a trip to remember.
We all had an amazing time, thank you to all the staff, and a special thank you to James on the Front Desk, who went the extra mile.
I would highly recommend this hotel, whether you want a weekend away, holiday or business trip.
Thank you again, and I wish the hotel well.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Roland_Fasel, General Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear gl0betr0tter747,
I thank you for taking the time to leave such wonderful feedback on your recent stay at The Dorchester. I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed the experience and how highly you valued the service especially from James. I will be sure to share your comments with the team here and I look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

We stayed and dined in the grill, only having the set menu, the whole experience was just wonderful, excellent service and food throughout our stay, we will recommend this to everyone. Can't wait to return, a big thank you to all staff.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Roland_Fasel, General Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear Vaughan T,
It was a pleasure to read your kind review of your recent experience at The Dorchester and to see how much you enjoyed the whole experience including the food and the service from our team. I will be delighted to share your comments with the team here and I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.
Kind regards, Roland Fasel, General Manager and Regional Director –UK, The Dorchester, Dorchester Collection

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Took my wife and companion for the weekend.we had a fabulous stay.
Terrific food,wonderful service from the staff as we watched the world go by in the promenadewhilst enjoying a drink.
The housekeeper for our room,112,was wonderful,as nothing was too much trouble.
the balloons in our room for the wifes 50th were made into a nice display.
all the staff were most helpful.
Hope to return in march.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise generally.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Roland_Fasel, General Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Dear Barry j,
I thank you for taking the time to leave such wonderful feedback on your recent stay. I am delighted to read how much you and your wife enjoyed the experience including the service from our team and your drinks in The Promenade. It will be my pleasure to share your feedback with the team and I look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit.
Kind regards, Roland Fasel, General Manager & Regional Director-UK, The Dorchester, Dorchester Collection

Reviewed 17 February 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights in November as we had our wedding reception in China Tang at The Dorchester. We stayed in the Junior Suite and our families stayed in the deluxe rooms.

On arrival the service was impeccable and nothing was too much of a hassle.

The room was lovely, we had a separate seating area, walk in wardrobe and lovely big bed. The bathroom in the junior suite was a bit disappointing, the deluxe rooms had a much larger bathroom in comparison but no complaints it was lovely all the same. I had a lovely bouquet of flowers left for me on the second night which was really thoughtful and you can understand why rich people get used to this lifestyle!

I had room service breakfast for the first morning and this was very nice indeed. The second morning I had breakfast in the dining room and this was lovely as well.

My stay was made even more memorable when I passed Michelle Mone staying on the same floor and she commented on how beautiful my dress was!!

Possibly one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in and if money was no object I would most certainly stay again.

Top luxury hotel and hopefully I will be back for our first wedding anniversary :)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MYCH901
Roland_Fasel, General Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear MYCH901,
I thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review of your wedding reception at The Dorchester. I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed the whole experience including your room, the service and the food. I will share your kind comments with the rest of the team and I look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit.