“Top Service - Fabulous bed linens”
Review of The Dorchester

The Dorchester
Ranked #50 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 3 April 2014

It's lovely to arrive and find that you have been upgraded to a nice suite with a living room and two baths. From the check in to the check out the service is impeccable, they greet you by name, they are polite to a fault, and pay attention; I used most of my body lotion and next morning they had left me an extra one. The bed linens are fabulous, lots of fluffy pillows. We left early in the morning and ended up forgetting the computer charger in the room, we stopped after the weekend and they could not immediately locate it, it happens sometimes, it's a big hotel... Well... They were so upset about it, made it their mission to find it, the manager John and the front desk staff were all over it. They found it and messengered to us. If I forget something again I want it to be there. The location is great, close to everything. The bar is nice and the bartender a great old school one. Would return again. One has to give thumbs up to top service. Thank you again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Roland_Fasel, General Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear danixnyc,
I thank you for taking the time to leave such a kind review of your most recent visit to The Dorchester. I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed the experience especially the service from our team. It is also a pleasure to read how highly you appreciated the décor and your room and I am delighted we were able to find and return your charger to you. I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back again in the not too distant future.
Kind regards, Roland Fasel, General Manager & Regional Director UK, The Dorchester, Dorchester Collection

Reviewed 2 April 2014

A wonderful long weekend in a hotel that fully deserves its reputation as one of the top hotels in London. The service was exceptional from beginning to end, with everything made possible and easy. Being given an upgrade was a pleasant and very welcome surprise which made the stay even more memorable. Of course it is a very expensive place to stay but with a 3 for 2 offer plus the upgrade it was well worth it. Dining in the Grill was another terrific experience, as was afternoon tea in the Promenade. A return some day is a must. If you can afford it, go!

Room Tip: If you don't like what you are given ask to change. If they can, they will. Be aware there are t...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Roland_Fasel, General Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear paul l,
I thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay at The Dorchester. It is a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed the experience and how highly you valued the service from the team here as well as your dining experience in The Grill and afternoon tea in The Promenade. I will be sure to share your comments with the team and I very much look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit.
Kind regards, Roland Fasel, General Manager & Regional Director –UK, The Dorchester, Dorchester Collection

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Exqusite hotel. The highest level of service possible. Amazing restaurants and bar reminding you of a time past. Champagne in the Promenade.
Greeted immediately at the door and efficient check-in. The room was on a high floor but had no view, that would be the only minus but after staying for 3 nights I never really missed it. Huge bathroom and comfortable room.
The Bar, Promenade and The Grill all delivered excellent products. I highly recommend to stay at the Dorchester.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear chaig,
I thank you for taking the time to leave such kind comments on your recent stay at The Dorchester. I am delighted to read how highly you enjoyed the whole experience including the service at check in, dining in our restaurants and the room you stayed in also. I very much look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to The Dorchester.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Amazing experience.

Took my fiance for her birthday and could not pick fault with a single thing. Service is amazing (concierge have even helped me since), food great and the room was stunning.

Even told reception it was my fiance's birthday and they bought up a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries (on the house) to the room 5 mins after checking in.

Simply perfection!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Roland_Fasel, General Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear Sam O,
I thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your most recent visit to The Dorchester. I am delighted to read how much you both enjoyed the service, your dining experience and the room you stayed in. I will be delighted to share your kind feedback with the team here and I look forward to welcoming you both back during your next visit.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Just spent a great weekend in town for a friend's wedding. All the arrangements were brilliant including a nice upgrade to a lovely suite due to the special nature of our visit. Flowers for the wedding were prepared and even my favourite Twiglets, which I cannot get at home in Switzerland were waiting for me. Huge plus to have 45 Park Lane next door of the same company for a lovely breakfast or great steak dinner at Cut and you can sign it back to your room. Staff went overboard to assist and many recognised me from a previous stay. Nice housekeeping touches like Aromatherapy amenities and complimentary Wifi around both hotels. Must try Coworth Park next time for their country house hotel. Will be back

Room Tip: great park views worth the extra spend. for a real treat book a Park Suite and see if anybody on the...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Schnookie19,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay at The Dorchester. I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed the experience and that you had the opportunity to enjoy dining in CUT at 45 Park Lane and how much you appreciated the service especially from the housekeeping team. I will share your review with the team here and I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I booked The Dorchester for my girlfriends 30th birthday to really impress and it has to go down as the best night and morning ever. Situated in a great location, near enough to all the shops and some great views just a walk away. The reception is fantastic and you are made to feel special as soon as you arrive and the front door is opened for you. Once in the room you are welcomed with a massive bed and a really nice style of room. As it was my mrs birthday they also supplied a little cake which was a really nice touch. The bed felt like it was made of air and was big enough for each of us to stretch out. The bathroom was simply divine! Really deep big bath so you can relax and unwind or get ready for the big night out. After the best nights sleep i paid a little extra to have breakfast brought to our room. Not only did we feel so special but also very full as it was the biggest and best breakfast i have ever had! The bar area downstairs is a great place to start your night off with a cocktail or two although a little pricey they are really worth it. My mrs was extremely happy with her present and I was too as it was just the best place! Fully recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Roland_Fasel, General Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Paul L,
I thank you for taking the time out to leave a review of your recent stay at The Dorchester for your girlfriend’s birthday. I am delighted to read how much you both enjoyed the experience including the room you stayed in, the celebratory birthday cake, breakfast and also cocktails in the bar. I will be delighted to share your comments with the team here and I very much look forward to welcoming you back to The Dorchester in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Yet another stay at the Dorchester as good as ever. Considering the amount of time we spend at the Dorchester it is our second home in London. We were treated well from the moment of our arrival, we were upgraded to the top floor suite with a bottle of Alain Ducasse champagne to sooth our relaxing rest in the deepest of baths. We were resident for several days and I could not fault the service, every member of staff from reception to house keeping were wonderful. The maître d of the promenade breakfast restaurant was very attentive, pleasant and perceptive, he deserves a special mention as does Francois on reception. No doubt we will return again. This is still my favourite hotel in London and I have stayed at all the top hotels in the capital, and on occasion still continue to do so for variety and to compare.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BobTayloruk
Roland_Fasel, General Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

DearBobTaylorUK,
I am delighted to read how much you enjoy staying at The Dorchester and that you consider the hotel your second home in London. It is my pleasure to know how much you appreciate the service and the bottle of champagne in your room and how much you also enjoyed breakfast in The Promenade as well as the service from our teams. I will share your comments with Francois and the rest of the team and I very much look forward to your next visit.
Kind regards, Roland Fasel, General Manager & Regional Director-UK, The Dorchester, Dorchester Collection