“Excellence in Everything”
Review of The Dorchester

The Dorchester
Ranked #54 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I regularly stay at the Dorchester and I'm glad to say that our recent stay confirmed the wisdom of this choice. You can take it as read that the standards of the facilities and rooms are exactly what you should expect from a prestige hotel. What is more worthy of comment is the outstanding quality of service which begins at the Check- in desk and doesn't stop until the door-men wave you off in a taxi at the end of the stay. Even although the Grill was closed for refurbishment, I'm glad to say that there was no noticeable noise or disruption as a result. Our meals and service in both Ducasse and China Tang were a notable highlight of our stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for The Dorchester

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel has world class service, the check-in was great, the room was spotless.

We only stayed one night but we had a wonderful time.

The location is excellent just a few moments walk from Hyde park, a short walk to the shops of Bond Street and Knightsbridge

It's great to still see British hospitality at it's best, there are always plenty of staff in the lobby to help you as well.

We ordered room service for breakfast which was also excellent.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Roland_Fasel, General Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Adam M,
I thank you for leaving such a complimentary review of your recent visit to The Dorchester. I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us and that you highly valued our premises as well as the service provided. I will share your comments with everyone here and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Kind regards, Roland Fasel, General Manager & Regional Director – UK, The Dorchester, Dorchester Collection

Reviewed 25 May 2014

I had the opportunity to be a guest at a function in the Grand room of the Dorchester. The room was displayed perfectly. The waiters on arrival were attentive and kept your glasses full.
It's a shame the meal was a little bit of a let down. I understand they were catering for just under a 1000 guests but surely a hotel of this standing should be used to this. The main meal was just about room temperature, another notch on the thermostat and it would of been cold. It would of helped if we had been given steak knives as the steak was quite hard to cut and rather chewy. The dessert was boarding on frozen. Overall I have to say it was a lovely evening, they just need to take these comments as they are intended.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Miss_Harrington,
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your most recent visit to The Dorchester. I am sorry to read that your overall experience did not live up to your expectations and I would like to assure you that our guests’ comments are of great importance to us, and it is our ultimate purpose to offer bespoke experiences to our guests. I would very much like to discuss your experience further, if you could kindly contact Nigel Sandiford, Food and Beverage Manager, at the hotel directly.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Earlier this month I spent three nights in The Dorchester. During the seventies my wife lived 4 1/2 years in Knightsbridge. Staying at The Dorchster was a dream for her. The hotel is unique, extremely stylisch, typically British, beautiful archtecture, decoration, every day fresh flowers, excellent service, attended a conference at The Dorchester, slept well,good facilities etc

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Marnix V,
Many thanks for leaving your kind feedback on your recent visit to The Dorchester. I am pleased to see that you had a memorable stay with us and that you highly appreciated the décor and floral arrangements as well as the service provided. I will share your feedback with everyone here and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

World class hotel, bar and service all around. Best location in Mayfair with easy access to Hyde Park, 10 minutes to Palace and good 'ole Pubs closeby. Excellent security. Not cheap but worth every penny. Added bonus - If you love oggling fine cars then their car park will not disappoint. Just don't touch.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear BP,
I thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your most recent visit to The Dorchester. I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed the location and service of The Dorchester and that your overall experience was to your satisfaction. I hope to have the opportunity and welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Located in the heart of London, you can expect a top level service on a luxury environment. Expect a traditional-style hotel with well kept rooms with on a classic atmosphere. Expensive as you would imagine, you will be paying the premium location and heritage. Don't forget to try the signature dishes!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Roland_Fasel, General Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear nunoscosta,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your most recent visit to The Dorchester. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and your overal experience was to your satisfaction. Rest assured that I will share your comments with everyone here and I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
Kind regards, Roland Fasel, General Manger and Regional Director UK, The Dorchester, Dorchester Collection

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Great break had at this Hotel. you pay for what you get and we certainly got it. Food service bedroom bar restaurant were top notch. the sound proofing was good to as we had a room close to the busy road. Shame there was no swimming pool as this would had been a 5 star rating by me but we did know that before we booked. Doorman welcome was excellent.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Roland_Fasel, General Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear alan r,
Thank you for your complimentary feedback on your recent stay at The Dorchester. I am pleased you enjoyed the experience with us and that you appreciated the service provided. I will share your comments with everyone here and I very much look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit.
Kind regards, Roland Fasel, General Manager and Regional Director UK, The Dorchester, Dorchester Collection