The Dorchester
US$213
US$198
galahotels.com
1,667 results
All reviewsafternoon teachina tangalain ducassepromenade barpark lanepure luxuryoverlooking hyde parkroom servicebottle of champagnethe ritzbeautiful roombirthday treatbuckingham palaceworcesterconciergeclaridgesfoyer
Reviewed 30 November 2008

My wife and I booked into The Dorchester to celebrate our anniversary and my birthday. We told the staff and were upgraded to a superior suite. While at the hotel we ate at the Alain Ducasse restaurant on the ground floor. All the staff, the room, the attention to detail and the hotel atmosphere were truly fantastic. Nothing could be faulted - we had champagne in the room, a surprise birthday cake, rose petals on the bed and a view over Hyde park. The staff greeted us by name, we were escorted to our room by the on-duty manager and the food in the Alain Ducasse restaurant beat some I have had in Michelin-starred restaurants in France. We paid a lot for the experience, but would not hesitate to go to this hotel again, for a celebration or for a relaxing week-end retreat. I give it 6 stars!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank steviecee
Reviewed 25 November 2008

The Dorchester hotel is a true 5-star property. I prebooked an airport transportation to the hotel which was worth the money (£145). Room wasn't ready (10 am) so I was offered a complimentary breakfast. It seems that the hotel is very busy from 10am 'tll 2 pm so it took quite time before my luggages arrived in my room (I had to call the front desk). Room was nice and clean in the 8th floor of the hotel.

Service in general is very attentive. I really enjoyed the bar where the service was fabulous. I disliked the breakfast where the service was a bit slow. I personally prefer buffet breakfasts instead of the ones ordered from the menus.

Although I enjoyed staying at the Dorchester I may try some other hotel next time.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank Heavytraveller73
Reviewed 13 November 2008

Afternoon tea at this outstanding hotel was the highlight of our 30th anniversery celebrations. Luxurious but not pretentious, the service could not have been better and all the staff excellent. Everything was personal and the food outstanding!

Considering what we got staying at The Russell, for very little less cost but torn wallpaper, very basic accomodation and indifferent service, we now rate The Dorchester as an excellent experience and true value for money. It is a time capsule of old fashioned courtesy and service in outstanding surroundings.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kanga78
Reviewed 9 November 2008

Booked room direct with hotel, no problems encountered on arrival greeted and shown to upgraded room which was outstanding, however my daughter was in an executive suite and we would have preferred her large bathroom, but our room was more individual.

Staff were pleasant and helpful at all times, breakfast yummy try the white pudding delicious on the whole we would definately stay again

• Stayed: November 2008
Reviewed 6 November 2008

We normally stay at The Berkeley however it was full so decided to try here. We found: rooms great, gym - dark but contained above average equipment, location good and the bar well worth a visit.

A few niggles: Internet difficult to use, VERY expensive even by London standards for anything purchased in the hotel. We ate at the Scottish themed restaurant [can't remember the name] the food was VERY VERY expensive and awful.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank BentleyGT