“Special Place!”
Review of The Dorchester

The Dorchester
Ranked #52 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 7 March 2011

My wife and I recently stayed at the Dorchester for a weekend as a birthday treat. It's somewhere that we've always wanted to stay and I have to say that I was apprehensive about whether or not it would live up to expectations.
Suffice to say that it managed to exceed our expectations in almost every way and then some more!
It really is the little things that make the difference between somewhere being good or great and the Dorchester staff go out of their way to make you feel special. They genuinely appear to be proud of their hotel and they really want their guests to enjoy the experience of staying with them.
Everything from the cutlery, to the crockery to the beds to the tolietries to the food to the ambience is special. Yes it's expensive. Yes it's probably (for most people) only for special occasions but you really do get value for your money.
We've stayed at a lot of truly great hotels around the world but this is almost certainly the best. It's got tradition and style in spades but it's also got character and you really do feel like a welcome guest - it isn't snooty in the way that some grand hotels can be.
I'd definitely recommend a stay if you can afford it.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
thedorchester, Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent visit to The Dorchester.

We are truly delighted to note that both yourself and your wife thoroughly enjoyed your celebratory week-end visit to the hotel. It is wonderful to hear that we were able to contribute in several small ways to ensure your visit to celebrate your wife’s birthday was a truly memorable occasion
Please also be assured that I have passed your very kind comments to all of the staff concerned.

With thanks once again and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Dorchester in the future.

Reviewed 2 March 2011

We booked to stay at The Dorchester to celebrate a very,very special event. We also booked Lunch at The Grill for our family. What can we say? It was a wonderful experience. Absolutley every member of staff was gracious, welcoming and attentive in the extreme. The hotel had upgraded our booking, beyond our imagination and it really added to this special day. We have stayed in a few luxury hotels around the world, but The Dorchester topped them all. Thank you to everyone concerned.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
thedorchester, Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2011

Dear Guest,

We are truly delighted to hear that both yourself and your family all thoroughly enjoyed your celebratory visit to the hotel and to The Grill.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Dorchester in the very near future.

Kostas Sfaltos,

Reviewed 26 February 2011

The best thing i can really remember about what made the Dorchester hotel very special is the staff
extremely friendly staff, very helpful, very polite, and extremely nice
rooms are very clean, everything was great
i enjoyed my stay there

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
thedorchester, Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your kind comments after your recent stay at The Dorchester.

I was extremely delighted to read that you found our staff to be so special! I will certainly be passing on your comments to the team.

I do hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 23 February 2011

The Dorchester is an incredible hotel. I loved my stay and the rooms are all beautiful. Best hotel in London by a clear margin.

• Stayed: January 2011
thedorchester, Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments.

I was delighted to read that you loved your stay with us at The Dorchester and I do hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kostas Sfaltos,

Reviewed 22 February 2011

i had a function to go to over christmas so i asked the doorman if he could park my car yes sir of course its a £30. i thought this was a bit steep and asked were are you going to park it. in our garage sir ok so off i went to the function later in the evening i went outside for a smoke and had a walk round the block to find my car parked on a side street. the doorman wear green but sould wear black and white strips bunch of crooks it's a lovely hotel and the outlets are great just don't ask the doorman to park your car!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
19  Thank jewguy
Reviewed 20 February 2011

Stayed at the Dorchester for my husbands birthday in Feb.

The plus - we travelled with our 5 month old daughter. All of us were made to feel welcome,
Doorman - friendly and very helpful especially when it came to moving the pushchair in and out the property.
Reception - Polite and effecient as it should be.
Promenade restaurant - on the whole very friendly great for people watching. Breakfast was excellent no buffet but if you ask they have almost everything...(its the asking thats the problem, since its not clear from the menu what is included in each rate)
We had high tea there, which I am talking to the hotel about seperately.
The housekeeping staff were very friendly nothing was too much trouble and they took care to provide everything for the baby.
On the whole this is a fantastic hotel, passionate staff and a fab location for shopping / sight seeing in london.
Could become my default place to stay in the future - its amazing.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
thedorchester, Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments following your recent stay at The Dorchester.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I am delighted to hear that you had an amazing stay with us.

I do hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 18 February 2011

I stay with my daughter and grandaughter last year for my 60th for 2 nights - loved every minute and have re-booked for my 61st which is coming up in a few weeks. The staff made us feel quite special.

We used the spa facilites, had a facial, and again the service was excellent.

Can't wait to return.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank tam5

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback following your stay with us last year.

I was very pleased to read that you had such a great stay with us and we very much look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future to celebrate your birthday with us here at The Dorchester.

Yours sincerely,