This was my first visit to the Park Lane Four Seasons since its great makeover. I had been there in 1998 found it tending to be drab and tired with aging bathroom fixtures and uninspired food and had since then gone elsewhere. Now it's a real beauty. The furnishings are in bold, contemporary color with definite Asian leanings (never a bad thing in hotels, to my mind) the service is top notch and snappy, the restaurant has an innovative free form policy that lets you order whatever meal you want whenever you want and pretty much get served wherever you want (the restaurant proper opens out onto a nice little garden terrace on the outside and to pleasant clubby rooms off the lobby on the inside).
We were in an Executive Suite on the 9th floor. The rooms themselves (bedroom, sitting room, master bath, extra toilet room) were on the small side compared to some other London hotel suites, but they were furnished in such a way as to be extremely pleasant and comfortable. The bathrooms are now totally modern in fixtures and design. The rest of the room has all the high tech accoutrements but, thank God, still has physical light switches and climate controls (I'm no fan of having all of this on touch screens attached to networks that can go down and make you unable to turn a light on or off).
I was a bit disappointed seeing us enter the opposite side of where I knew Hyde Park views would be, but in fact the view we had was pretty spectacular, looking over the rooftops of Mayfair down across the Green Park with a clear view of Canary Wharf and the big ferris wheel. Very, very lovely.
The location is absolutely great. A few steps to the Hyde Park tube station and this and the neighboring InterConti have the easiest access for a morning run in Hyde Park.
Afternoon tea is now a real class affair without the stuffiness; really excellent sandwiches, scones and pastries and selection of teas. Breakfast was also excellent (although my favorite in that regard remains the Connaught for their Paris-like baked goods).
Lovely spa, decent (for a hotel) workout area. Extra points for separate men's and women's sauna, steam room and pool.
I still like the quite classiness of the Connaught but my partner, who finds that a bit stuffy and confining, totally loved this. I couldn't really argue.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of Mayfair, set back from Park Lane and just steps away from Hyde Park and Knightsbridge, Four Seasons London at Park Lane captures a unique sense of place with its distinctive parkside location at the finest address in the city. Re-opened in January 2011, following an extensive two year-transformation, the hotel's 193 guest rooms and suites including 46 one, two and three-bedroom suites, many with fireplaces and private terraces, balance eclectic British sophistication with a sleek modern look. Amaranto Restaurant with its own private garden serves up modern Italian cuisine. The Amaranto Bar with its distinctive British clubby feel offers an ecclectic cocktail menu while Amaranto Lounge makes for the ideal spot for Traditional Afternoon Tea. The Spa at Four Seasons is a 10th floor rooftop retreat with nine treatment rooms, each benefitting from their own individual relaxation pod, and with an extensive treatment room. The Fitness Centre offers sweeping views across the city and features state-of-the-art cardio and weight training equipment. The hotel also has nine banquet and private dining rooms, most with natural light. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Four Seasons Hotel London at Park Lane reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Hotel London At Park Lane
- Four Seasons Hotel London
- Four Seasons London
- London Four Seasons