“An absolutely gorgeous hotel with terrific service!”

Four Seasons Hotel London at Park Lane
Ranked #22 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 31 January 2013

Gary K
A great location, a gorgeous interior and a super-friendly staff make this a top London luxury hotel. It was our first stay, but we will be back. Although the interior is quite modern, it is warm and welcoming. Our guest room, with its wood paneling, was one of the most attractive we have ever stayed in. In fact, a prominent interior designer friend of ours thought that the room he and his wife stayed in was THE most beautiful in his considerable travel experience.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,159)

Reviewed 30 January 2013

I've stayed at this hotel a few times and every visit has been delightful. The staff is very friendly and accommodating, the rooms are nice, and the hotel is quiet. It's a great place to stay to easily explore London (so close to public transportation!) Just walk out of the hotel and down Piccadilly and you can easily lose yourself for hours.

Major points to this hotel for introducing me to one of my favorite restaurants in London as well.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marina G
Reviewed 23 January 2013 via mobile

I only stayed here for one night but for me that was definitely enough. On arrival I was greeted by an over weight bald guy who offered to carry my luggage for me. I checked in and he carried it to the room for me. I thought this guy was being too nice, when i said thank you and that was all he refused to leave until I had tipped him. Fair enough I did but he claimed it was not enough and waited for more. Come on guys I thought 15 pence was a fairly substantial tip to be fair but not for this ungrateful bloke! I later decided to take a bath. I lay relaxing when I realise there was a turd floating in my bath. Now I refuse to admit this was me so I was wondering what kind of staff takes a dump in your bath when cleaning your room. Come on guys there was a perfectly good toilet next to the bath. Later I thought I would take advantage of the restaurant down stairs and have a delightful meal. How wrong could I get. The best the menu had to off was beans of toast or a pot noodle! I can buy this rubbish from lidl thanks! The worst thing was they had the check to charge £25 for the pot noodle, WHAT A JOKE! Bed time was next and o jesus this was not a pleasant nights sleep. I pulled the covers back to find seemen stained sheets and a used condom in the side locker. There was a pungent smell of urine coming from the room prob from the high volume of old people staying there. I would continue to write more about this hotel but I not have an appointment at the clinc to treat the crabs infection I caught off the bell boy. Overall I would highly recommend staying here but just avoid pedro the bell boy, he has crabs.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 13 January 2013

We really enjoyed our visit to the newly remodeled Four Seasons London at Park Lane: it was worth the wait. The remodel is very modern, but still very elegant.

Our room - a Deluxe King with a view toward Hyde Park - was luxurious without being stuffy and modern without being uncomfortable. The trademark uber-comfortable Four Seasons bed is here along with a flat screen TV, two chairs and seating area and a beautiful dressing area and bathroom. It’s a lovely space, and feels cozy given its decoration and smaller size.

The staff - particularly at the front desk and the concierge stand - is helpful and friendly. And the doormen and drivers for the amazing Rolls Royce car service were very professional. We had consistently excellent service during each of our visits to the restaurant, especially from our Italian waiter at dinner.

The bar areas are all different, but they blend well together because of their thoughtful design and decoration. And like the best Four Seasons bars we’ve visited, the drinks list here is interesting. The food is good too (if you like cheese, be sure to try the parmigiano reggiano serving in the restaurant - one serving is enough for two).

Unlike some hotels where the business center is an afterthought, here it’s on the second floor, right near the meeting rooms and its very functional and easy to use.

The spa is beautiful and the views from the windows are incredible. And be sure to at least visit the Arrivals Lounge adjacent to the spa even if you don’t need to use it upon arrival: the nearly 360 degree view of London is unforgettable. We arrived on a beautifully sunny day and really enjoyed taking in the view of Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament and central London from the small balcony off the lounge.

Our visit marked our 19th Four Seasons property and this is clearly one of the best (at least of the “city” hotels). We look forward to returning soon!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MJPBAF
Reviewed 9 January 2013

The friendliness and professionalism of the staff and the service they provided made our stay over the New Year memorable. We were made to feel totally at home and couldn't do enough to make our stay enjoyable and hassle free.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
FourSeasonsLondon, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel London at Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2013

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor. It was a great pleasure to have you with us and to have the opportunity to meet with you again. I am delighted you enjoyed your Four Seasons experience and thank you for sharing your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back for a return visit one day soon !

Reviewed 7 January 2013

Pluses: The hotel is very clean, quite quiet, and for the most part well-designed. There is ample storage space within the room. Free wi-fi for one device.
Minuses: The shower could be more vigorous, the pillows and linens more comfortable/functional, and the staff a little more relaxed. The smoke detector blinks all night. The mini-bar is uninspired--not sure why there wasn't a more functional fridge.
Overall: Didn't feel it was a hotel that made us feel individually catered to- a little emotionally cool and corporate.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank WK3_2013
Reviewed 21 December 2012

I have choosen four seasons as guarantee of quality and hospitality. The hotel is located in park lane. Nice location, extremely easy to reach and very good starting point for exploring London, but the service is really mean.
I had to wait for 30 minutes to have a coffee during my breakfast.
The rooms are quite small and not particulary efficent considering They have been rifurbished recently.
The quality of the linen and the amenities are really under the expectations

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
12  Thank mgiornet
FourSeasonsLondon, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel London at Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2012

Dear Rotchko

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on Trip Advisor following you recent stay with us in London. While we are obviously disappointed with your comments regarding breakfast service in Amaranto, we genuinely appreciate your feedback as it gives us the opportunity to follow up on your experience and to ensure our service timings are up to the usual Four Season standards. I am equally concerned with your observations about the guest room efficiencies and the linen qualities as we pride ourselves on he product enhancements in place since our recent renovations. I would be grateful if you would contact me directly with speciific details and I would be happy to respond.

In the meantime thank you for choosing to stay at Four Seasons and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back on a future visit to show you we can do better.