“London weekend” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #19 of 1,089 Hotels in London
new york city
“London weekend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

Lovely hotel. I had a rather small Deluxe room. Reminded me more of a Hong Kong hotel than one in London - super modern, high gloss, built in cabinetry, tight but well designed. The service was superb. However, room service was disappointing. I had a mediocre, half cold hamburger for 25 pounds. The Italian restaurant in the the lobby was first rate.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CPS200

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights just before Christmas 2013. Can't recommend it highly enough. Every interaction with staff was positive. Stands up to any other 5 star I have stayed in. Decor of the hotel is beautiful - a very sleek and modern look. Tried room service and food arrived, as promised, in 15 minutes. Most hotels make you wait 30-40 minutes for room service. Fantastic location in Park Lane. Stayed at its neighbour, the Intercontinental, a few months prior, and it pales in comparison to this place. It's pricey, yes, but if you can afford the splurge and typically enjoy 5 star hotels, this place is worth it.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

This is an impressive hotel. The lobby is modern elegance and the adjacent bar is quite lovely and good. The rooms were small but quit impressive. Although the room was a double it seemed more suited for a single. The fitting and decor were both high quality. The staff was super nice. I brought my small dog and he was very welcomed by all. Hyde Park is next door for a jog or a walk. The restaurant was exceptional and I ended up ther two nights. This hotel is modern and stylish. It is a contrast to some of older hotels.I am coming back

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NYCSBH
Mt Eliza, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

The FS Park Lane was my 9th FS hotel and this is by far the best I have stayed in.
The hotel looks like it has been recently refurbished as everything is spick and span. The front desk staff extremely accommodating when we arrived very early in the morning by giving us a room to freshen up in before our room was ready. The actual room was spacious by London standards and the bed was to die for after a 24 hour flight.
Breakfast each morning was excellent and the staff very friendly and helpful. There is no buffet and the dinning room has a very calm, elegant feel about it.
What really stood out about the hotel was just how helpful everyone was. We needed a taxi to the theatre on night. The doorman arranged us to be taken in the hotels Rolls Royce. I was helping myself to the coffee and pastry bar early one morning and the night manager helped me take my goods all the way up to my room.
Normally I am quite picky with any hotel I stay at but I can't fault the Four Season at Park Lane in any way (except for the the setup of their light switches)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rosserdale
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

My two sons and I had a fantastic time at the Four Seasons. The staff service was great. When I lost my phone in the taxi cab, the staff even reviewed the security camera feed to try to find the taxi's license plate. They secured great tickets for Charlie & the Chocolate Factory (it had just opened) and made sure that every experience was spectacular. The breakfast options were healthy & pretty much anything you want (as one would expect from the Four Seasons). Really, the entire stay was amazing and that was truly due to the staff at the Park Lane.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Familytrav R
Nottinghamshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

An accidental stay at the Four Seasons in Dublin 12 years ago, made me yearn for a return to any Four Seasons hotel. A 12 year wait certainly heightened expectations as my husband treated me to a stay at the Park Lane location. To read the Four Seasons mantra of "treating everyone as you would wish to be treated yourself" came as no surprise and completely epitomises what this fabulous enterprise is all about.
Lots of hotels say it but few can deliver it with such sincerity… "do you think we'll encounter anyone who lets the side down?" my husband asked in anticipation.
We didn't and we are discerning and critical guests but we pays our money etc etc…"they obviously train their staff very well" my mother in law suggested on our return. I'm sure they do but I'd like to think they attract staff who like people in the first place…and they'd need to because I am sure they have their share of guests who have no concept of the Four Seasons mantra…I aim to work my way through the Four Seasons hotels around the world looking for a chink… hoping and suspecting I'll never find it...

Room Tip: we had a view of Tower bridge; Big Ben; London Eye and the Shard.. not bad
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FourSeasonsLondon, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel London at Park Lane, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear JeanGallo

Thank you for the review you posted on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us. We are pleased to hear you had a great stay with us. It is very rewarding for our team to read such kind comments as we pride ourselves on our employees - individuals who by nature believe in the Four Seasons' mantra you mentioned in your comments and who work together to deliver the highest levels of service. We look forward to welcoming you back one day soon.

Yours Sincerely

John Stauss
Hong Kong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

This is an amazing hotel. I would highly recommend it to anybody staying in London. The staff are amazing and go the extra mile on all of the little things. From the moment that we exited the cab to when we left the hotel, nothing could have been done better. I have to say that this hotel really was faultless.

We arrived a little jaded and were very pleasently surprised with the friendliness and efficiency of the staff at the hotel. They had a gift ready for our baby to help to keep him occupied during the check in and throughout our stay. The room was very spacious with views over the London Eye and Big Ben. We were able to relax from the moment that we entered the room and it really made a big difference to us and our overall enjoyment of London during the trip.

All of the little touches went beyond the expected - baby bath, diapers, bottle warmer etc included for the baby... Frequent little cakes and sweets delivered to the room.... Jasmine tea when we arrived... Everything just worked and beat our expectations. This was just what we needed at the end of a busy trip with a long flight ahead of us. I can not recommend this hotel enough.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family