“Among the few top hotels in the world”
Review of COMO The Halkin

COMO The Halkin
Ranked #6 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 16 May 2011

We know this hotel for years and our stay was if at all possible even better than earlier.
The room we stayed in was large enough to put an extra bed for our ten years old grandson and still was big.
The location is great and in a quiet street.
The staff was very well educated and helpful.
They treated my grandson as if he was a grownup which was great.
The amenities are the nicest in the world.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
SimonWakefield, General Manager at COMO The Halkin, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Thank you for your review of The Halkin , Happy New Year and we look forward to seeing you this year

Reviewed 14 May 2011

Me and my mum had the opportunity to spend the night in this small boutique hotel in the heart of Belgravia. The hotel is very discreet and is located in a quiet street. At the same time is centrally located; close to the main attractions, shops and restaurants.
The room (Deluxe Room) was nicely decorated with a minimalist style. Flowers and amenities were already placed in the room upon our arrival. The receptionist kindly showed us the room and its facilities, which are modern and of easy use. We have been offered a welcome drink which we happily accepted as we were celebrating my mum's birthday. Bathroom was big and the shower with the perfect water pressure.
We decided to enjoy the thai restaurant - nahm. Food and service were of a proper 5 star restaurant and I strongly recommend the mushroom stir fry. To end the night, we ordered room service, not only the ice cream was amazing as well as the service.

I must thank to all the staff from that made our stay unforgettable.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 May 2011

The Halkin is amazing, i wish that this kind of service would be at all hotels. Design of that place is incredible, rooms are very comfortable, staff is very friendly and willing to help.
I've also tried thai food in NAHM restaurant, and it was so deliciuos.
I really enjoyed my stay at the Halkin.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 7 May 2011

We stayed at the hotel during the Royal wedding. The staff is very polite and professional. Our room was ready upon check in. The rooms are perfect-large and very clean. The hotel is in a quiet neighborhood so it is perfect for sleeping. The Halkin is in a great location for shopping and seeing the sights in London. There is a tube station nearby. Nahm is amazing!!!!! One of the best for sure!!! Room service is wonderful as well. I've stayed in many five star hotels and this is one of my favorites. I will stay at The Halkin when I return to London.

• Stayed: April 2011

Reviewed 1 May 2011

My daughter and I have just returned from a week at the Halkin Hotel. The staff is helpful, professional and discrete. The atmosphere is relaxed yet elegant. The price is a true value for a five star hotel. The rooms are large and the bathrooms exquisite. The work station provided a North American outlet. The Halkin is centrally located so we walked or took the tube everyday. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: 5th floor corner room #501.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 April 2011

My sister, friend and I stayed at The Halkin while in London for the Royal Wedding. What an amazing experience! From our arrival to departure we couldn't have been more happy. The room was amazing! The bathroom may be the largest I have experienced while traveling in Europe! The water pressure in the shower was a bit insane (very powerful!), I would take it over a trinkle any day of the week! The nightly turndown service was great and I believe the housekeeping staff were magical fairies because I never saw a housekeeping cart or employee!

The hotel is located right off of a main road and within walking distance to Buckingham Palace and Hyde Park. It's a quiet and beautiful neighborhood.

I look forward to visiting The Halkin during my next visit to London!!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 30 April 2011

Me and my wife, we were celebrating our 4th Anniversary when we chose to spend a couple of nights at the Halkin. You know, a special occasion needs a special treat.
As the hotel's location is prime due to its proximity to areas such as Hyde Park, Mayfair, Knightsbridge... it made easy for us to also enjoy sometime around the city.

The Hotel amenities are quite astonishing... starting from the room, which had a "enormous" king-size bed, a walk-in closet and a bathroom.
I love those bed-side touch screen controls they have for you to turn the lights on/off, control the temperature and off course an alarm.

On the first night we decided to have dinner at Nahm, the Thai restaurant located within the hotel. What a restaurant... we had such a great time, enjoying great Thai food and lovely atmosphere.

The staff in general was really friendly and professional. Top notch!

Really special place, strongly recommend!!! And I'll be definitely coming back soon!!!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple