“Lovely stay.”
Review of COMO The Halkin

COMO The Halkin
Ranked #5 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 13 January 2013

We had a very nice stay at the Halkin. Room was nicely decorated, with everything you could need, and a nice bathroom with large bath and very powerful shower. Very comfortable bed.

Staff were friendly and a complimentary bottle of bubbly as it was my wife's birthday was a nice touch.

We also had afternoon tea, which was very nice and they accommodated my wfie's gluten allergy.

My only complaint is the price of the afternoon tea - £100 for 2, which included half a glass of champagne, was too much (3 half sandwiches, 6 mini scones and 2 cakes), I think this is not good value for money compared to other establishments, and the bar / restaurant are is lacking atmosphere.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Claudia C, Front Office Manager at COMO The Halkin, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2013

Dear edwowen,

Many thanks for sharing your experience following your recent visit earlier in January. While I was very happy to read that you and your wife overall had a lovely time celebrating this special occasion, I was of course disappointed that your afternoon tea experience was not as memorable as we would have hoped for. Please rest assured that your feedback is very important to us and that we will do our utmost to improve the areas of concern.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to The Halkin by COMO, I remain at your service should there be anything I can assist you with.

Kind regards,

There are newer reviews for COMO The Halkin

Reviewed 9 January 2013

lovely hotel central to most places.food was very good, rooms spacious and well equiped. staff and service excellent! cocktails & bar open until late.stayed for three nights and would definatley stay again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Denise B
Claudia C, Front Office Manager at COMO The Halkin, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2013

Dear Denise B,

I am delighted to read about the memorable experience you had here at The Halkin by COMO last year. I am very pleased that you not only enjoyed the various services we offer, but also felt that our team took excellent care of you.

It would be a great pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel and I remain at your services, should there be anything I can assist with in planning your next visit.

All the best,

Reviewed 8 January 2013

This hotel, for me, is quite simply one of the best in London. Our standard double room was a good size and clean. Staff were possibly the most welcoming and accomodating that we've met.
We stayed room only so cannot comment on the food. The breakfast room was bright and cheery rather than oppulent.
Would we stay again? Absolutely!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear AlanS600,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience here at The Halkin by COMO following your recent stay. It is an absolut pleasure to see comments like yours and I was particularly pleased to read about your memorable encounters with the team!

Please feel free to contact me at any time should there be anything I can ever assist with.

With warm regards,

Reviewed 29 December 2012

Rooms lovely, big modern and clean. Staff great. That's all you need and that is what you get. The location is without peer and - don't laugh - get an oyster card and use the buses that come constantly past the end of the street to get around.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Claudia C, Front Office Manager at COMO The Halkin, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2013

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback following your recent stay with us. Looking forward to welcoming you back in the hopefully not too distant future. Please also feel free to contact me directly when planning your next visit to London.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 3 December 2012

Stayed for one night with my husband. We have eaten at Nahm quite a few times and loved it so we thought we would try a stay at the hotel as soon as we had an excuse.

We arrived before published check in time. This was not a problem for the receptionist, they offered to sort us out a room early but we intended to go out for lunch any way. We had a quick coffee to warm up and headed out. When we returned they informed us that our room had been up graded to a studio suite. The room was lovely. Great bed and quality bedding, a good size seating area and a little dressing area. The bathroom had the most powerful shower I have ever experienced. Really liked the toiletries - aromatherapy type smell to them. Nespresso coffee machine with choice of coffee but no tea making facilities in the room.

We dined at Nahm in the evening. The food was amazing and the service excellent. In fact all of the staff we met were friendly and efficient.

The hotel is in a great location for shops and restaurants and only short walk from Hyde Park Corner tube station. There is an interesting pub round the corner also if you fancy something like that. It's called the Grenadier and in the middle of a row of mews houses.

Breakfast was also very good. Fast service and plenty of choice. My husband selected boiled eggs which were slightly underdone for his liking but still a very good breakfast over all. Great choice of preserves for toast. Great fresh juices.

I would definitely stay here again. I think it might be my favourite London stay so far!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AngeS
Claudia C, Front Office Manager at COMO The Halkin, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2012

Thank you very much for sharing your valuable feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed The Halkin in some many different ways and had some memorable encounters with the team. Please do not hesitate to contact me at your convenience when planning your next visit to London as I would be delighted to personally assist in making the necessary arrangements.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 28 November 2012

This hotel was perfect for our Thanksgiving long weekend getaway! The room was spacious, tastefully decorated with a huge marble bathroom featuring a giant tub and a separate shower, and immaculately clean! The staff was professional, courteous and very helpful (THE MAID EVEN NEATLY FOLDED UP A T-SHIRT WE LEFT OUT ONE DAY). The hotel sits on a quiet street (Halkin St.) in the upscale residential area. Street noise was non-existent in our 4th floor room. The hotel is just about 2 blocks from the Hyde Park Corner tube stop and a nice walk from Knightsbridge (Harrods). We loved this hotel and will definitely be going back!

Room Tip: We stayed in a Delux room
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much indeed for your lovely feedback. I am very pleased that you had such a memorable stay during Thanksgiving. All of us are looking very much forward to welcoming you back to your new London home and I remain duly at your service for any future stays.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

We absolutely loved this hotel, hidden away from the the locura that is the City, but close to everything.

We had a suite which was amazing and in keeping with other Como hotels, elegantly understated and oozing class.

Aside from the staff being incredibly helpful and friendly, they seem to genuinely love working there which is so nice to see.

Hotel - Amazing... Staff - Amazing... Dining - Amazing... Nahm is fantastic and breakfast on the balcony just rounded off a perfect weekend.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Claudia C, Front Office Manager at COMO The Halkin, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2012

Thank you very much indeed for sharing your experience. It is an absolute pleasure to read comments like this and we are delighted that you had such a memorable time here at The Halkin.

Please feel free to contact me directly at your convenience when planning your next visit as I would be delighted to make the necessary arrangements.