COMO The Halkin, London
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$328
US$247
US$232
Doubletree
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$210
US$170
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
Park Plaza London Riverbank(London)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$155
US$254
US$224
galahotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewshyde park cornerquiet streetcomo shambalaa small boutique hoteldeluxe roomsloane streetseparate showerbuckingham palacegreat boutiquewelcome drinkroom serviceafternoon teaconcierge deskperfect hotelbed was very comfortablenext trip to londonwithin easy walking distance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 October 2013

This is one of the few 'gems' out there that I have never shared with this site for fear it becomes too popular. After many many years of London hotels, this remains my favourite and regular if for no other reason that it has the most comfortable beds in the darkest and quietest rooms of almost any hotel I have stayed in anywere. Room service breakfasts are wonderful, Stefano the concierge who has been standing this position for all the many years I have been staying here is excellent, hospitable, knowledgeable and approachable. The location is right off Belgrave Square, so just perfect. Staff are lovely and I cannot fault them. At the risk of this hotel becoming too popular I can highly recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank EmaJayKay
SimonWakefield, General Manager at COMO The Halkin, London, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear EmaJayKay,

Thank you so much for your kind words following your recent stay with us here at The Halkin by COMO. I am so pleased that the hotel and its facilities are such a joy for you. Please rest assured that there will always be a place for you here.

Looking forward to meeting you in person during your next stay.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

This hotel was wonderful!!!! Everyone there was extremely accommodating from Claudia at the front desk to Martinez in the bar and Phillipe at the concierge desk. Wish I could remember everyone's names. Intend to return. Treat yourself and book a room here. You won't regret it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
SimonWakefield, General Manager at COMO The Halkin, London, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2013

Dear RSW-AckFood,

I am delighted that you and your friends had such a great time with us and that my team made you feel so comfortable. Thank you for sharing your experience. I am looking forward to welcoming you back to your new London home!

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Having just spent 4 days in London at the Halkin Hotel, I can say that I experienced English service at it's finest. The Halkin is a small boutique hotel, fifty some rooms, situated in the heart of west London. The hotel is new and modern. The rooms are impeccable, the staff is professional,
the restaurant first class. When sitting at the bar or having breakfast at the restaurant we never had to sign a tab. They knew who you were. The concierge was not only helpful, but extremely patience with out inquiries and change of plans. When we left we felt that we were leaving long lost cousins. I can not tell how lovely this hotel is. I own a small Inn myself in Carmel California. These people, and this hotel, is an inspiration to all of us in the hospitality business!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear chris t,

Many thanks for your lovely review following your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that you had such a delightful stay here at The Halkin by COMO and would like to thank you for sharing your experience with other travellers from around the world.

Looking very much forward to meeting you in person on your next stay!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 16 October 2013

My husband and I returned to the Halkin for our second time in a year, having last visited in October 2013. We had some issues with air con and concomitant service, but otherwise we absolutely loved the property. Claudia from the Halkin had been in touch following my mixed review herein, and she absolutely took care of us for our return visit.

We still love the Halkin. We love its location--convenient walking distance to much of the London we like and super convenient Tube access with the Hyde Park Corner stop just a few blocks away. Its location off a side street makes it very quiet, too, feeling more like you're part of the neighborhood rather than in a hotel within it. We love its size--boutique yet with all of the services which we need, including 24 hr room service. (I don't care about spas, but my husband does sometimes.) Most of all, we love its service--it evokes the service we experience most at Aman and the best Four Seasons properties, and that is something to cherish.

For this visit, we were upgraded complimentarily to a COMO Suite with balcony, room 304. We loved it. I had a slight concern about the air con in the bedroom of the suite, but the hotel staff (especially Claudia again) took care of us, offering to move us again and then, upon our declining, offering to hold another suite for us in case we changed our minds later that weekend. Amazing service. It seems that the older part of the hotel has more air con issues for a crazy person like me, so the newer, remodeled side is where we likely will stay on future visits. For most people, I'm sure the air con will be more than sufficient regardless. Ultimately, the air con in the living room worked so well that it helped cool the bedroom eventually--so I was perfectly comfortable for all 3 nights. My only "complaint" would be that the bedspread didn't seem big enough for our king bed...so the hotel replaced it quickly with a slightly bigger spread. Still not truly big enough in my estimation, but then maybe we are too tall (6'2" and 6'5").

We availed ourselves of room service breakfast one morning, and it was sensationally good (and fast again). I had room service lunch one afternoon, and again it was great. We dined at the Ametsa restaurant for dinner on our last evening (see separate review), and we very much enjoyed it--a much needed improvement over the previous occupant, Nahm. Breakfast in the Ametsa space was delightful--though we did have a few service issues, overall the service and food was very good.

The Halkin to me is a perfect hideaway in the bustle of London. It offers all the 5 star touches I love without being too big and impersonal. It has clean chic style while still being very comfortable. And the service is phenomenal. Claudia wasn't even in the hotel on the weekend, and yet I had an email from her checking in with me to make sure things were going well.

The Halkin will be our go-to hotel for sure from now on in London. We highly recommend it and applaud the hotel and Claudia for allowing us such a blissful return! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Room Tip: Try to choose rooms on the newer, remodeled side if you need better air con. Avoid the lower rooms closer to the side street (104) when trash pick up can be an issue for some. Otherwise, I don't think there are "bad" rooms! For the money, the junior suite might be the best possible balance of space and cost.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bill R
SimonWakefield, General Manager at COMO The Halkin, London, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Dear Tar Heel Bill 92,

Thank you very much indeed for your excellent feedback. It was such a pleasure to read about your recent experience here at The Halkin by COMO and I am delighted that we were able to gain your trust in us back. It will certainly be my absolute pleasure to share your comments with my team and we all look forward to seeing you again in the hopefully not too distant future.

Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

10/10 all round for this place....one of the best UK hotels I have stayed in....if you visit, do try the Amesta dining experience.....pricey but worth every penny.. Centrally located yet in a quiet enclave away from the hourly burly of it all....loved it.......

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear Gardenjayne,

What a pleasure to read your great feedback following your recent stay with us. I am very pleased that The Halkin by COMO has exceeded your expectations in so many ways and that the Ametsa Experience in particular was such a delight.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,