“It is like coming home”
Review of COMO The Halkin

COMO The Halkin
Ranked #6 of 1,073 Hotels in London
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We have stayed here several times before and it is our preferred hotel in London. Coming back is almost like coming home. The staff is very helpful and friendly, and the hotel nice and quiet even if you are in the heart of London. The only issue on this stay was a bed that was a bit too firm for our liking and it took a couple of attempts before we got a good top mattress. After then we did however sleep very well and very much enjoyed our stay this time as well.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pål L
SimonWakefield, General Manager at COMO The Halkin, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Pål L,

Many thanks for your review of The Halkin by COMO. It is lovely to see that the team makes you feel so welcome when staying with us and I am glad that we found a comfortable set up for the bed which allowed a memorable night rest.

There are newer reviews for COMO The Halkin

Reviewed 20 March 2014

I was taken to the Halkin for afternoon tea and Champagne as a Birthday treat by girlfriends and had a wonderful afternoon. We were brought a glass of Louis Roederer as we settled in and then some excellent fresh sandwiches: big prawns with watercress, cucumber and chives with cream cheese, smoked salmon with salmon caviar and spicy pepper (my favourite) and turmeric chicken: when we finished we were actually offered more, but decided to save ourselves for the cakes. Glad we did as I have never had such a cake festival in my life! Two ladies sat over from us looked with interest when our sandwiches arrived, but openly goggled at us when our huge tower of cake was brought to the table! Four individual cakes each (coffee opera cake, a raspberry French macaron, lemon meringue tart and pistachio brownie) on the cake stand PLUS fabulously short scones with clotted cream and jam AND a shot-glass strawberry, mango, mascarpone creation. Wow. We didn't know where to begin. To our credit, we ate the lot, but let's just say I wasn't needing any dinner that night, or anything until after lunch the following day. High quality food. Great service. We weren't hurried at all (staying for a while after we'd finished - couldn't move) and a gracious farewell. Definitely on my 'to do again asap' list.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Jo64adventures,

Thank you very much for your excellent review of our unique afternoon tea. It was such a pleasure to read about your experience and I am delighted that you and your girlfriends had such a memorable time with us.

I would very much welcome the opportunity to welcome you back to The Halkin by COMO and look forward to meeting you in person.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Looking to make a good trip excellent, then a stay at The Halkin is a must! The hotel was immaculate and the service provided to customers is second to none. We stayed in the deluxe room and it was better than we could have imagined. The bed is extremely comfy and along with the black out curtains you are guaranteed a peaceful and full nights sleep. The staff are extremely helpful and go above and beyond for each customer. Our shower was leaking (not that we knew anything of it) And after a day in London on our return to the hotel we were made aware of the problem in our room, The manager spoke to us personally and offered us an upgrade to a suite for our troubles (be crazy to say no). He they showed us to our new room and helped us move all our belongings across always being very apologetic. After we returned from dinner that night looking forward to another peaceful night we were most surprised but grateful to return to our lovely suite to find a hand written note from the manager saying how sorry he was for the inconvenience earlier that day, accompanying this note was bottle of champagne on ice. This another example of the class and excellence of the service by the staff. The only slight blip with our stay at The Halkin by COMO was when checking out we were charged for a bill that was not ours. This was quickly and politely dealt with by the young girl behind the desk and again after many apologies we agreed the mix up must have been because of the room swap. I fully recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a peaceful, relaxing and overall outstanding stay in London. (it is also very handy to a tube station and easy to get around).

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank callum s
SimonWakefield, General Manager at COMO The Halkin, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear callum s,

Many thanks for your great review of The Halkin by COMO following your recent stay with us. I was very pleased to read about your overall experience and that you had such a memorable stay. I would also like to apologise again for the inconvenience caused due to the minor leak in your original room. However, it is great to see that the Duty Manager was able to assist so promptly and that you had so many nice encounters with the rest of the team as well.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly when planning your next visit to London. It will be my pleasure to assist in making the necessary arrangements.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

el personal es sin duda de 5 estrellas, el servicio impecable, llegue con un catarro enorme, la recepcionista debio notarlo, y justo había llegado a mi habitación cuando llamaron a la puerta con una botella de agua caliente, una manzanilla con limón miel y limón y un trocito de tarta deliciosa!! me dijeron que el portero podia ir a una farmacia si necesitaba algo, increíble, me sentí muy bien cuidada, el pan recién hecho por la mañana, la cena todo excelente, he estado en varios hoteles en londres, este es mi favorito!! la ubicación para andar en el centro de londres es perfecta.
I loved the way they treated me here, I arrived with a very bad cold, the receptionist noticed and when i had been only for 5 min in my room a waiter came with a hot camomile with lemon and honey, a hot water bottle and a piece of delicious cake, also they offered to go to the chemist for me...I felt so well look after that is my favourite hotel in london,I have been in quite few five star hotels this one is the most charming. very confortable. such a good location to walk in central london.

Room Tip: Mi habitación estaba en la segunda planta muy cómoda y dormí muy bien. dos noches. My room was in t...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
SimonWakefield, General Manager at COMO The Halkin, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2014

Dear familiapughcor,

Many thanks for your lovely review of The Halkin by COMO. I am so pleased that not only the location worked so well for you but also that the hotel facilities such as our beds made your stay so comfortable. I hope you have fully recovered now and look forward to seeing you back soon.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

This is an excellent establishment in a fantastic location, walking distance to Knights bridge.

The Hotel just projects efficiency and cleanliness coupled with phenomenal attention to detail and courtesy from staff.

Food is excellent, beautifully served and great value for money.

A must stay when in London if you wish to feel special.

Room Tip: If traveling alone the executive room is spacious and complete with working desk and king size beds...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Christopher M,

Thank you very much for sharing your recent experience at The Halkin by COMO with us and other travellers from around the globe. I am very pleased that so many aspects of your stay stood out for you and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Friends recommended this hotel and I was not disappointed. If you're looking for an intimate, friendly hotel that is understated, yet extremely sophisticated then you will not be disappointed if you stay at the Halkin. From taking care of deliveries for me, to organising dinner in their fabulous restaurant to sending post for me the Halkin team could not be faulted.

Not everything did run smoothly, but when minor issues occurred they were rectified quickly and effectively with minimal fuss. I always think the mark of a hotel is how any errors are dealt with, after all none of us are perfect.

I will be back.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
SimonWakefield, General Manager at COMO The Halkin, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear Waggler,

Thank you so much for your review of The Halkin by COMO. I am very pleased that our facilities and in particular the Concierge service made your stay so memorable. Also, I am pleased to hear that my team was able to promptly assist with the few minor issues you have unfortunately encountered.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

All the best in the meantime,

Reviewed 4 March 2014

The Halkin is a well managed and tasteful hotel. All aspects are superior, service, aesthetics and food. I highly recommend this hotel to travelers who are discerning and appreciate small boutique size hospitality. It was an ideal stay.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
SimonWakefield, General Manager at COMO The Halkin, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear NegrilHideAwhile,

Thank you very much indeed for your lovely feedback of The Halkin by COMO. I am very pleased that you had such a nice stay with us and that all aspects of the hotel have left such a memorable impression.

Kind regards,