“Most Efficient Hotel in London”
Review of COMO The Halkin

COMO The Halkin
Ranked #6 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 25 May 2014

This is now my 5th trip to London and I was a bit nervous as the travel agent had booked a hotel that I hadn't stayed in before. I read the reviews on trip advisor so I felt a bit better arriving. When we showed up there was no one to grab our bags from the car so I began to get worried... This was their only fail of our 3 night stay. We were upgrade immediately without even asking. The room was well done and very comfortable. Room service, laundry, housekeeping, shoe shine were all absolutely wonderful. Never did we have to call for a reminder or anything. I ate breakfast and Lunch at the hotel several times and everything was delicious and cooked to perfection. Even the poached eggs I had for room service were still hot, I felt as though I was in a restaurant. I was too late for lunch one day so I ate in the bar, I have the Sea bass and it was shockingly amazing as I was expecting "bar" food. The gym was small but never was there anyone in there so I had the whole place to myself. Waters and towels were always stocked and perfect. I believe that this small boutique hotel is doing a wonderful job and I highly recommend to anyone traveling to London. The location is award winning as well.

My only complaint is that the bar doesn't feel very inviting. I love hotel bars, and this one feels more like a cafe. This is not to be mistaken because the service and quality is perfect, just the atmosphere lacks something.

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor it was delightful
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Simon_Wakefield, General Manager at COMO The Halkin, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Jleahkaylor
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent trip to London and The Halkin. Do please let me know which agent you booked with so we can thank them for suggesting us. I am so pleased you had such a great stay and do hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I stayed here a year ago whilst in the city for the Chelsea Flower Show. It was perfect for walking to the show. Wonderful food, attentive, helpful staff along with well appointed rooms made this a most comfortable place to be. Bottles of water were set out on a table by the front door for anyone to take in the morning, very thoughtful as it was so warm outside. I had such lovely time and was so well looked after I knew I would come back.
And so I did, bringing my very particular partner with me. We booked the Como Suite, which was blissful, comfortable, stylish with a lovely peaceful outdoor terrace which came fully equipped with comfortable outdoor furniture. The staff were welcoming, discreet and helpful.
We ate in the 2 * Michelin restaurant, it was fabulous, wonderful food with superb service. The tasting menu with wine pairing was divine. The breakfast menu is equally wonderful.
For years we have stayed in Mayfair during our London trips but I have to say we have now found a new home from home(with better food, a great wine list and excellent staff). Well done The Halkin, you exceeded our expectations.

Room Tip: Having stayed here twice in different rooms, I would think it is safe to say there probably isn'...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Fiona
Thank you for reviewing The Halkin and Ametsa. So happy that you have made us your second home and look forward to welcoming you back south soon.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I recently spent 3 nights at this hotel. I was here with a friend who was on business and we found this hotel after reviewing many hotels. Our stay was perfect! The location is amazing, you are within walking distance to many wonderful stores and restaurants. The hotel itself is wonderful, quiet and elegant. But the best part was our experience with the hotel staff. From the moment we walked in the front door and were met by the warm smile of Alexis, we knew this hotel was special. All of the staff is incredible, they made us feel special from helping us with directions to the dining recommendations and reservations that were made for us. They are the ultimate in customer service. I could never imagine staying anywhere else!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Simon_Wakefield, General Manager at COMO The Halkin, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Erin

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review of The Halkin. I will make sure to say a special thanks to Alexis who you mentioned.
I see your from California so if London is not in your plans again soon then you can always try our new hotel in Miami !

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Just completed a three night stay at the Halkin. It was simply gorgeous - a perfectly calm, luxurious oasis in a brilliant Belgravia location. Thank you so much to the staff who made the stay so delightful, the customer service and attention to detail goes beyond so many other luxury hotels. It was a delight - gorgeous room, wonderful friendly staff.....perfect location....what more can you say? It was beautiful.....

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank StaceyP
SimonWakefield, General Manager at COMO The Halkin, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Stacey

Thank you for writing your "Heavenly" review. I do hope you will return soon, Australia is a long way so you will just have to stay longer next time.
Best regards

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Have stayed at this hotel twice now. Our room was superb and has everything you may need.
Breakfast was very tasty with a great selection, will definitely be staying again. The staff are very welcoming and go out of their way to help at all times of the day. Can't wait for my next visit

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
SimonWakefield, General Manager at COMO The Halkin, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Dawn
Thank you for writing your perfect review of The Halkin.
do come back soon

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Just spent a wonderful night at The Halkin , we were attending a concert at the Royal Albert Hall and the Halkin was perfectly located for this and other places we wanted to visit. It is set down a leafy side road (Halkin Street) opposite Hyde Park , The Halkin is a hidden gem.
From arrival to departure the staff could not do enough to help us, they were all friendly and courteous and made us feel welcome at all times. We had a beautiful room on the the first floor (103) , handy as it was close to the lift. The room was excellent,very large and very well appointed even with a Bose sound system ,Nespresso coffee machine and all the mod cons you would require, being able to control the lights and air con from the bedside electronic touch pads was also a nice "touch" !. The bathroom was large with a lovely bath and powerful shower and all dressed in beautiful marble. The bed was very comfortable and large and the blackout blinds worked extremely well.
It was so quiet you would not have know that you were in the heart of London.
We need a taxi quickly to go to the concert as we were running late , and the fact that concierge actually walked down to the main road to hail one for us made us feel special .
We used the lounge/bar area for a lovely cappuccino (one of the best I had tasted !) and the surroundings were very relaxed and tastefully decorated , we had breakfast in the restaurant , again this was a lovely area and the service and food was impeccable, my Eggs Benedict was perfect !
We were sightseeing on the next day so after we checked out we did not really want to carry our suitcase around with us, the Halkin offered to store our case for us until we came back later , again service that you would not get elsewhere !
The hotel is in an ideal location for London sightseeing or Shopping with Hyde Park tube station a stones throw away , and many buses passing at the top of the road or the concierge will hail you a taxi , it is also within walking distance for a lot of attractions , bars etc
All in all , what can I say , I highly recommend The Halkin , and we certainly will be recommending this to our friends and family and we will definitely be returning there next time we are in London. Excellent !

Room Tip: Any of them ! If they are the same as ours !
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bisto36

Dear Bisto
Thank you for your great review of The Halkin "Hidden Gem"
Do come back soon to try Ametsa.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I just spent a wonderful 5 nights at The Halkin. Beautifully appointed spacious deluxe room (109 on the 1st floor), comfy bed, luxurious and large marble bathroom. Breakfast had great choice and dinner was outstanding. The friendly reception staff put me immediately at ease (warm, not stuffy, despite the address). Though in London for business, I chose the location so I could enjoy some more relaxed parts of London (Hyde Park in Spring glory, The King's Road and Knightsbridge for shopping) in between meetings. Simply perfect. Previously my London hotel of choice was The Kensington, but I have found a new and superior home at The Halkin.

Room Tip: Room 109 - 1st floor deluxe.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
SimonWakefield, General Manager at COMO The Halkin, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear KT_in_Europe2011
Thank you for your great review of The Halkin. You sum up the hotel perfectly and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.