“Terrific Stay!”
Review of COMO The Halkin

COMO The Halkin
Ranked #6 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 7 July 2010

Had not been to london for several years and was looking for a well located boutique hotel. Selected The Halkin and it delivered more than one could expect. We stayed for 4 nights in a deluxe room. The room was large, quiet and very well appointed. The bath was enormous with a large tub, twin vanity and a seperate stall shower. The real beauty/charm of this property are it's people. Every person one interacts with is a delight and is there to make your stay enjoyable. The front desk and concierge staff were friendly and no request was not promptly handled. the property is well located, being able to walk almost every place.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
SimonWakefield, General Manager at COMO The Halkin, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Reviewed 6 July 2010

My sister and I were looking for somewhere to stay for 20 people. Right from the begining the Halkin not only met but exceeded expectations. I have been lucky to stay in a number of 5* hotels all over the world. In london I have stayed at Claridges, Dorchester, Premier Inn etc. Due to my expierence from now on I will be only staying at the Halkin.
The positives:
For value it is superb.
The staff were amazing and I could not fault the service - my dad is super fussy and couldn't find one fault! The other positive is the bar although London prices is not astronomical like some places. The breakfast was genourous, not buffet, cooked to order and really tasty.

The beds are amazingly comfy and the rooms well equipped with all you need on the plus for London the room and bathroom are a really good size.

You are a 2 minute walk from Hyde Park and 5 minutes from Harvey Nics.

The Negative:
There were none.

• Stayed: June 2010

Reviewed 1 July 2010

This is a classy hotel with beautiful rooms and public areas, excellent service, and a great central location. There's a great sense of calm and quiet throughout the hotel, adding to the comfort provided by well-designed guest rooms and understated elegance.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 4 May 2010

Our stay at The Halkin far exceeded our expectations. From the moment we checked in to the time we checked out, we had impeccable service. The Halkin employs a team of warm, friendly, knowledgeable professionals that are eager to help out in any possible way. Our room was beautiful, quiet, and relaxing with a neutral color palette of white, cream, and brown; perfect after a long day of colorful sights and sounds.The bed and pillows were heavenly, and we slept soundly every night. The all marble bathroom was gorgeous and roomy. I took two of the best baths I've ever taken thanks to the deep soaking tub and plenty of hot water to get me to the optimal pruney state I was looking for. Room service was also perfect, albeit it pricey. We bought toast for 4lbs (=$6), and two waters set us back 8lbs (=$12). But hey, that's London for ya! I was well aware that the dollar is weak compared to the pound, so I knew what to expect. Within the hotel is the best Thai restaurant I've ever eaten at! Nahm is the only Michelin rated Thai resto in the world! We felt so lucky to have that in our hotel and to be able to just mozy upstairs to our room after a phenomenal meal. Nahm is fit for foodies the world over without question. This is a small boutique hotel, so if understated, subdued elegance is your thing, then this is the place for you. If you are looking for a "see and be seen" type of hotel, then you will be disappointed. For us, we got exactly what we were looking for. In fact, for the first few days, it felt as if we were the only guests in the hotel; what a wonderful experience in one of the most densely populated cities in Europe. I can't wait to check out some of the COMO Group's other establishments around the world. I know I can expect nothing but the best. Cheers!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 April 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Halkin for several nights. The hotel is small but we had a nice suite with a separate dining and living area. This was great but since the bedroom was separate, it felt a little small on its own. You had to go into the living/dining area to get a sense of space. The spacious suite had large glass windows letting in light but only a view of the building across. The service provided by the front desk and the concierge was excellent. Every request was attended to promptly and with no problems. No one was snooty.
We hardly saw anyone in the hotel and did not try its highly rated restaurant. The neighbourhood is very quiet and it is walking distance to Sloane Street and Harrods.
If you are looking for a quite place to relax, then this would be ideal but for me, it needs a little more atmosphere, especially if you're on your own.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 March 2010

we stayed at the Halkin during our last stay in London, we usually used to stay at the carton town or at the lowndes hotels off the slone st, but we were very surprised at everything that they offered. the lobby was nice and comfortable, and the suite we stayed in was amazing and very comfortable. high end amenities, nice plush robes, and towels galore. its on a quite residential street but within walking distance to many great spots and slone st of course. we would defiantly stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 February 2010

I stopped at the Halkin on my trip from Bishkek to the United States. This was my seventh stay at the hotel. I had asked the concierge staff to see if they could find tickets for me to Wimbledon for the Championships. It was a long shot request but Stefano came through wonderfully and I had debenture seats on Centre Court. This is yet another example of the excellent treatment guests receive from the staff at Halkin Hotel. This is truly a five star hotel with excellent location and a very professional staff.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo