COMO The Halkin, London
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$212
Doubletree
US$269
US$200
  • Restaurant
The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$114
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$120
US$218
US$191
galahotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewshyde park cornerquiet streetcomo shambalaa small boutique hoteldeluxe roomsloane streetseparate showerbuckingham palacegreat boutiquewelcome drinkroom serviceafternoon teaconcierge deskperfect hotelbed was very comfortablenext trip to londonwithin easy walking distance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 August 2010

I can't say enough about The Halkin. It was the perfect hotel for us: "grown up" and stylish, yet very accommodating to our young children's needs. We stayed there twice within the space of a few weeks. The first time was a whistle-stop visit for one night after a 13 hour flight from Singapore. We came, crashed, ate, revived and headed off to NY the next day and returned to stay for 5 more days on the way back. I was traveling alone with two small children, lots of luggage and many, many long-haul flights under our belts. The staff were kind, welcoming, knowledgeable and very understanding and efficient.

The neighborhood is quiet, green and very close to everything you need. There was a great park at the end of the street that my girls just adored. The hotel handled everything from picking us up at the airport with child seats in the car, arranging my birthday dinner reservations at Nobu at the very last minute, getting a gorgeous cake for my daughter and I and even taking care of my business related FedEx that arrived the day after I had checked out. They called my client for me and arranged for her to collect the package from the hotel.

Brilliant. Loved it. Many, many thanks for everything.

Sue

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
SimonWakefield, General Manager at COMO The Halkin, London, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Reviewed 2 August 2010

Stayed at the Halkin recently for my business trip. My company normally puts us in larger hotel chains Marriott, Intercontinental, Four Seasons etc which I find them very bland and impersonable. I decided to pay a little extra to stay at a small boutique hotel and my friend recommended Halkin.

The moment I arrived, it was smooth check in and the staff were really nice. I was offered a complimentary drink when I got in the room so opted for a glass of Riesling!!

The Superior room i stayed in was superb. Quite minimalistic but warm and it had everything you need. There only one problem I had was the wifi which I could not connect to but was soon sorted by concierge.

I must point out that as a female often traveling alone on business trips, I found the Halkin very warm and I felt safe. Maybe because it is a small hotel. i never really liked large hotels with long corridors (those who remember The Shining will know what i mean). All in all, a lovely stylish hotel and i will definitely stay there again. I saw their Michelin starred Thai restaurant but did not have time to try. My friend dragged me to a restaurant in Soho instead. Will definitely try it out next time.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 7 July 2010

Had not been to london for several years and was looking for a well located boutique hotel. Selected The Halkin and it delivered more than one could expect. We stayed for 4 nights in a deluxe room. The room was large, quiet and very well appointed. The bath was enormous with a large tub, twin vanity and a seperate stall shower. The real beauty/charm of this property are it's people. Every person one interacts with is a delight and is there to make your stay enjoyable. The front desk and concierge staff were friendly and no request was not promptly handled. the property is well located, being able to walk almost every place.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 July 2010

My sister and I were looking for somewhere to stay for 20 people. Right from the begining the Halkin not only met but exceeded expectations. I have been lucky to stay in a number of 5* hotels all over the world. In london I have stayed at Claridges, Dorchester, Premier Inn etc. Due to my expierence from now on I will be only staying at the Halkin.
The positives:
For value it is superb.
The staff were amazing and I could not fault the service - my dad is super fussy and couldn't find one fault! The other positive is the bar although London prices is not astronomical like some places. The breakfast was genourous, not buffet, cooked to order and really tasty.

The beds are amazingly comfy and the rooms well equipped with all you need on the plus for London the room and bathroom are a really good size.

You are a 2 minute walk from Hyde Park and 5 minutes from Harvey Nics.

The Negative:
There were none.

• Stayed: June 2010

Reviewed 1 July 2010

This is a classy hotel with beautiful rooms and public areas, excellent service, and a great central location. There's a great sense of calm and quiet throughout the hotel, adding to the comfort provided by well-designed guest rooms and understated elegance.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business