Sanderson London Hotel
US$247
US$232
Doubletree
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$210
US$170
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
Park Plaza London Riverbank(London)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$155
US$254
US$224
galahotels.com
1,950 results
All reviewspurple baragua spaloft suitemad hatters afternoon teaphilippe starckwhite curtainsoxford streetcool hotelbottle of champagnehotel guestsamazing hotelturn down servicefantastic stayhotel barstandard rooman upgrademini bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 January 2012

Stayed here 12 January 2012 in a deluxe room. The hotel looks nothing from the outside but walk into the lobby and it is fantastic. The decor is stunning and the lifts are very unusual. The staff are very welcoming and utterly professional. The rooms are fab and quirky. The food is exceptional.

2 minutes walk from Oxford Street

Great hotel, great staff well worth a visit

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Jane P
Kevin R, General Manager at Sanderson London Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2012

Jane, we are so pleased that you enjoyed a WOW experience from the moment you came through the front door, thank you for a wonderful review and for particularly highlighting the new menu in Suka. Now that you have found us, we look forward to welcoming you back again and hopefully you will have an opportunity to enjoy agua, our urban bathhouse and spa, or a cocktail in the Purple Bar, or our Mad Hatter's Afternoon Tea in the Courtyard. There is always something quirky to discover!

Reviewed 13 January 2012

I stayed at The Sanderson in September the night before my wedding, along with my four bridesmaids, then my wedding night with my new husband.

We had a fantastic stay! The hotel is absolutely beautiful; fabulous minimalist, interesting rooms and stunning lobby/lift/public areas. It also has a beautiful covered outdoor garden which is used for food and drinks can be taken out there too.

As it was such a special occasion I emailed the Guest Relations Manager Marcela before our stay letting her know what we were there for and she bent over backwards to make our stay even more special.
For the first night I had booked a Superior double double for the girls as this sleeps 4, and a Standard Queen for myself and my Mum to stay in.
Marcela gave us a better rate than we had for the double double, and gave me the choice of a free upgrade to either a loft suite or a loft with balcony. We took the loft with balcony and it was fantastic. When we got there she had a bottle of champagne sent up, and a bottle of wine to the room the girls were staying in along with a lovely note wishing me good luck for the following day.

We spent the first night in the Long Bar - excellent cocktails! We also had nibbles at the bar and breakfast the next day which were both great and service fantastic.
Would recommend this hotel to anyone who likes very modern design, looking for a special stay in London.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lauren C
Kevin R, General Manager at Sanderson London Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2012

Dear Lauren, thank you so much for your amazing comments, we were thrilled that you chose Sanderson to celebrate your wedding and it means everything to us to know that we were part of such a memorable and magical occasion. Marcela is a true GEM (Guest Experience Manager) and always loves to celebrate our guests’ special occasions, she is delighted that you, your husband and your bridesmaids all enjoyed the GEM service. We look forward to celebrating with you again and creating more happy memories, please let us know when you are coming back.

Reviewed 9 January 2012

My boyfriend and I spent the anniversay weekend in this hotel.
It has been a very nice expericence, the location is super central and the staff has been very professional and kind.
I love boutique hotels and the Sanderson reflected my expectations.
The room was smaller than I expected (we booked the superior king) but, as at the Morgans in New York, it's a little price to pay to be in such a central position!
The hotel is cold and impersonal ouside while inside, every detail exude design and neatness, it's very cool, most of all the restaurant and the hall, the contrast is such a surprise!
The only negative aspect has been the wi-fi connection, I didn't expect it to be free but at least a little bit cheaper!

Room Tip: Don't expect big rooms!
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2012

Fab hotel with a very good vibe! Plenty of young city types frequent the bar. The room was clean and interestingly the pictures are hung on the ceiling.
Breakfast was excellent, plenty of choice, lovely cakes, omelettes cooked to perfection. The staff were very attentive. Definitely worth a visit to experience a hotel with a difference. Bar prices high but that's London for you!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank donmat1964

We love that you enjoyed the vibe, as a company we dare to be different and we're so pleased that the difference created a memorable experience for you. You must definitely come back for another visit and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 2 January 2012

This was my first stay at any hotels in the Morgan's group but I have stayed in many 'boutique' hotels before. What I usually love about boutique hotels is the way they challenge the norms of the large luxury hotels when it comes to service, amenities and rooms.

The decor is certainly very cool and modern for London, with lots of Starck touches (eyes painted on the bar seats, plenty of perspex etc) and as mentioned in other reviews, the lift is stunning. The room is small but not uncomfortably so with lots of glass and interesting angles. The inclusion of a pair of freeweights and an exercise chart in the room was cute too (sadly they went unused by me). The restaurant is good - Malaysian street food is the hook, and while the prices certainly didn't reflect the street food concept, the food was great. The little 'VIP and Residents Bar' was quirky though never seemed to be full of either VIPs or residents but perhaps it was the time of year.

Then, unfortunately, they fell into the trap of copying the 5 star annoyances so prevalent in London hotels. Paying for WiFi seems very silly in 2012, but paying per device, so a traveller with laptop, iPhone and tablet needs to cough up 30 pounds per day, means this hotel becomes quite unattractive for a business traveller or tech laden holidaymaker. The excuse given by the front desk was 'it makes it faster', which, while perhaps true, could be managed with some intelligent technical solutions like limiting downloads or offering a premium connection that allowed high bandwidth use.

Other annoyances included the dreaded 15% "discretionary" gratuity that seems to be creeping into London establishments, introduced no doubt by transatlantic jealousy of the tipping culture to the detriment of London visitors who are also slugged with 20% VAT. Which is also frustrating - there is no way I can avoid the VAT, so just tell me the room rate including it! Again, not unique to this hotel but frustrating all the same. Finally, many staff seemed disinterested beginning with a doorman upon our arrival with 4 bags who watched us struggle through the glass doors while he finished his phone call. I thought he was a guest and so was most surprised when he asked us to give our names to check bags.

To finish on a positive note, the front desk experience was excellent, patient, helpful and efficient. For 200 pounds a night for a Standard room, it wasn't bad value for money but there are many hotels in London competing at this price point and the Sanderson could do with some creative ideas so that service matches the decor.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dechetes

We very much appreciate your detailed review of the hotel facilities and outlets, and we will challenge the norm by daring to offer a different experience for service, design, ambience and ethos. Your kind comments on the Front Desk experience in particular are very much appreciated, it's therefore disappointing that we were not more attentive on your arrival and my sincere apologies that we were not more welcoming or helpful. I am also sorry if there was any miscommunication on paying per wifi device - whilst there is a standard 24 hour charge if we are aware of more than one unit being used we will adjust any additional charge on departure. We have always quoted the VAT element separately and automatic confirmations from the website or via Reservations should highlight the total amount including tax. You finished on a positive note and we very much hope that positives will bring you back to stay with us again - please do let me know when you are returning.