“cool and sleek”

Ranked #55 of 1,067 Hotels in London
zurich
“cool and sleek”
Reviewed 17 January 2012

great location, specta (Berner street), spectacular room and one of the coolest bar in London.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank djmkzurich
Kevin R, General Manager at Sanderson London Hotel, responded to this review, 26 January 2012
We love your comments, and look forward to welcoming you again when you are next in London. When you’re back with us, as well as enjoying the bar, we hope you have a chance to experience other sleek elements of the hotel such as our restaurant, Suka, and agua, our urban bathhouse and spa.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 16 January 2012

I have been traveling to London with my business for over a year now and each month I am down I stay here. It's perfect. The staff are great, the purple lounge is Devine and the interior is minimalist/modern. I was even given a complimentary upgrade. You can't beat it central location and as it always seems to be "the name on everyone lips, it's got to be.. Sandersons" I have two more evenings here before I go and I will enjoy them.

• Stayed January 2012
3 Thank Davidinkster
Kevin R, General Manager at Sanderson London Hotel, responded to this review, 19 January 2012
We're delighted that you enjoy a perfect experience every time, and Sanderson definitely loves to be the name on everyone's lips! Thank you so much for such lovely words and we look forward to continuing to welcome you whenever you are in London. Please let us know when you are next with us, that would be perfect!
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 January 2012

Having previously stayed here I recommended this hotel to my boss as the location of our Christmas night out. We had a fabulous evening, cocktails in the purple bar were amazing, the food from the Suka restaurant was fabulous, the staff very very attentive and nothing was too much trouble. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed January 2012
3 Thank sw46
It's great to know that you all had a memorable experience and thank you so much for not only recommending us but also for highlighting so many enjoyable elements at the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you all back to visit and hope you have a chance to stay as well - the mixologists in the Purple Bar would love to have the opportunity to create new cocktail experiences for you.
Billingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 January 2012

Stayed here 12 January 2012 in a deluxe room. The hotel looks nothing from the outside but walk into the lobby and it is fantastic. The decor is stunning and the lifts are very unusual. The staff are very welcoming and utterly professional. The rooms are fab and quirky. The food is exceptional.

2 minutes walk from Oxford Street

Great hotel, great staff well worth a visit

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Jane P
Jane, we are so pleased that you enjoyed a WOW experience from the moment you came through the front door, thank you for a wonderful review and for particularly highlighting the new menu in Suka. Now that you have found us, we look forward to welcoming you back again and hopefully you will have an opportunity to enjoy agua, our urban bathhouse and spa, or a cocktail in the Purple Bar, or our Mad Hatter's Afternoon Tea in the Courtyard. There is always something quirky to discover!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 January 2012

I stayed at The Sanderson in September the night before my wedding, along with my four bridesmaids, then my wedding night with my new husband.

We had a fantastic stay! The hotel is absolutely beautiful; fabulous minimalist, interesting rooms and stunning lobby/lift/public areas. It also has a beautiful covered outdoor garden which is used for food and drinks can be taken out there too.

As it was such a special occasion I emailed the Guest Relations Manager Marcela before our stay letting her know what we were there for and she bent over backwards to make our stay even more special.
For the first night I had booked a Superior double double for the girls as this sleeps 4, and a Standard Queen for myself and my Mum to stay in.
Marcela gave us a better rate than we had for the double double, and gave me the choice of a free upgrade to either a loft suite or a loft with balcony. We took the loft with balcony and it was fantastic. When we got there she had a bottle of champagne sent up, and a bottle of wine to the room the girls were staying in along with a lovely note wishing me good luck for the following day.

We spent the first night in the Long Bar - excellent cocktails! We also had nibbles at the bar and breakfast the next day which were both great and service fantastic.
Would recommend this hotel to anyone who likes very modern design, looking for a special stay in London.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lauren C
Dear Lauren, thank you so much for your amazing comments, we were thrilled that you chose Sanderson to celebrate your wedding and it means everything to us to know that we were part of such a memorable and magical occasion. Marcela is a true GEM (Guest Experience Manager) and always loves to celebrate our guests’ special occasions, she is delighted that you, your husband and your bridesmaids all enjoyed the GEM service. We look forward to celebrating with you again and creating more happy memories, please let us know when you are coming back.
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 9 January 2012

My boyfriend and I spent the anniversay weekend in this hotel.
It has been a very nice expericence, the location is super central and the staff has been very professional and kind.
I love boutique hotels and the Sanderson reflected my expectations.
The room was smaller than I expected (we booked the superior king) but, as at the Morgans in New York, it's a little price to pay to be in such a central position!
The hotel is cold and impersonal ouside while inside, every detail exude design and neatness, it's very cool, most of all the restaurant and the hall, the contrast is such a surprise!
The only negative aspect has been the wi-fi connection, I didn't expect it to be free but at least a little bit cheaper!

Room Tip: Don't expect big rooms!
  • Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Waterlooville, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 January 2012

Fab hotel with a very good vibe! Plenty of young city types frequent the bar. The room was clean and interestingly the pictures are hung on the ceiling.
Breakfast was excellent, plenty of choice, lovely cakes, omelettes cooked to perfection. The staff were very attentive. Definitely worth a visit to experience a hotel with a difference. Bar prices high but that's London for you!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank donmat1964
We love that you enjoyed the vibe, as a company we dare to be different and we're so pleased that the difference created a memorable experience for you. You must definitely come back for another visit and we look forward to seeing you again.