“First Class service”

Sanderson London Hotel
Ranked #67 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Stayed at this amazing hotel for my girlfriends b'day .. Amazing welcome by the front desk ( Jay Jay ) who had was happy to help in the secret celebration .. Room was amazing and spacious with everything you need in a very minimal but cool .. Great welcome at the bar and lovely outside eating area although it seemed to have many hen nights booked in Saturday afternoon and if I am honest allowing the ladies to wear fancy dress and wigs brings the tone of this amazing hotel down .. I would advise against .. But maybe i'm being a bit unfair .. All in all I would recommend to anybody and if you have any pre checking requests do so before arriving as the process is easier .. Can't thank the staff enough ( They know what they did )

Room Tip: Ask if they have anything special available .. !!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Neil M, Director of Rooms at Sanderson London Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

JJ will be thrilled he was able to make your girlfriends birthday so memorable - he loves to help with surprises for special celebrations! Thank you for your feedback on our Afternoon Tea, we do not permit any fancy dress in the hotel and should always ask guests to remove any fancy dress or decorations as soon as we see them, your comments have been shared with our team to remind them to be more vigilant in future. Please make sure you come to stay with us again as we look forward to creating more happy memories for you, linxi.romanovski@mhgc.co will personally oversee your next stay if you let her know when you are planning to return.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,910)

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I stayed at the Sanderson on Saturday and it was beautful. The staff were friendly, helpful accomodating. I felt very spoilt and it was amazing!!!!
The rooms were clean, fresh, very modern and had everything you need and even if you forget its in there already! I would have preferred a wardrobe rather than hanging my clothes in the bathroom but it does suit the rooms decor. You cant help but feel special when your a guest.

I highly recommend the Sanderson for all occasions.

Only negative I would say is dont opt for breakfast - £18 gave you 1 sausage, bacon that was so overdone it crumbled, eggs not cooked as requested and beans cold and took over 35 minutes to arrive.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

It was a pleasure to spoil you Linda, we always want our guests to experience the best possible treatment at Sanderson so they take away the fondest memories. Thank you for your great review and for recommending Sanderson to the Tripadvisor community. Please make sure you get in touch with linxi.romanovski@mhgc.com when you have an opportunity to stay with us again as she will make sure your next visit is even more pleasurable. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sanderson.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at the Sanderson again last month while I was in London for work. This property continues to get better. I stayed in one of the newly renovated rooms, and absolutely loved it. The sitting area was perfect for doing some work or just having coffee in the morning.

The room was really spacious, and I love the minimal, whilte, clean decor of the Sanderson rooms. If you are someone who likes traditional style, then this will not be your cup of tea. The ammenities are by Malin & Goetz, one of my favorite niche brands. What seals the deal for the Sanderson every time is the staff. The entire team is fantastic. A huge shout out to Nigel, Cam and Hendrike! They made my stay so special, including giving me excellent recommendations for dinner. I discovered amazing new places in a city I have come to know really well.

From the moment you walk in to the Sanderson you are just transported into a different world. I loved coming back to the property at the end of long day. Breakfast is fantastic (great spread!) and was included with my room package.

The location is one of the best for getting around to all parts of Central London. I travel often to this city and also stayed a few times at the Langham (which is also excellent). However, I have to say that the Sanderson has won me over and will be my base for future trips to London. Only have really positive things to say about this property.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your fantastic review. It is wonderful to read that you love our newly refreshed rooms as we have aimed to create a modern yet warm and relaxing environment , combining it with the latest technology and improved functionality - we are glad you were impressed. Thank you also for mentioning our great team here, Nigel, Cam and Hendrik will be thrilled they made such a difference to your stay. Our Concierge Team always know the best places to dine , you can get in touch with them at sandersonconcierge@mhgc.com should you wish to find out more new exciting places to visit when you stay next time. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sanderson when you are in London again, do get in touch with linxi.romanovski@mhgc.com when you intend to return so she can personally oversee your stay.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Excellent service from the doormen, reception, concierge,baby sitting facilities!! Perfect location, great ambience!! Free internet, water, newspaper are always a bonus plus with a good variety of tv selections (including internet channels).

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for giving us such a great compliment by saying we are the best hotel in London! We are delighted you loved so much about Sanderson and look forward to seeing you again. Please contact linxi.romanovski@mhgc.com when you have a date in mind to return so that she can make sure your next stay is even more memorable.

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

For the price they charge would expect a bit more,poor lighting in the rooms and corridors,staff abrupt,on the whole just ok but next time back to the Mayfair as they know what is required by guests,£310 per night then £30 each for breakfast is a liberty.
On a plus side bed fantastic and spotless,just one other downside no plug in the sink!! For us wet shavers that's always handy.

Stayed: July 2014

We are sorry you were disappointed with your stay at Sanderson and hope you allow us the opportunity to change your opinion by returning to us on a future occasion, linxi.romanovski@mhgc.com would like to personally oversee your stay so that your next experience exceeds your expectations, please do get in touch with her if you would like to make a reservation.

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here during the week and had a suite with a roof garden, which was a super space - loft size, relaxing and well equipped although the see-thru furniture covered in veils is a little difficult to navigate - as are the electric blinds.
Make sure you see the library and use the inner courtyard which is wonderful.

Many people were booking horse rides in the city with reception and you should try that.

Breakfast was lovely but not included.

The location is fantastic. Ideal for my meetings during that trip.

All in all great hotel, good service but at this price there is lots of choice so I'll be trying others before returning.

Stayed: February 2014

Thank you for your review from your stay with us in February. We are delighted you loved our Loft Terrace rooms - you must make sure you come to stay with us again as our rooms have now all been refreshed and our new Loft Terrace rooms really are something special. When you have a date in mind to return please get in touch with linxi.romanovski@mhgc.com so that she can personally oversee your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sanderson.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed at the Sanderson for one night on the 19th of July. They have clearly put a lot of thought and expense into disguising what is a very average building in central London. When you walk in you are hit by the trendy decor, the impressive layout and the well designed courtyard and restaurant. The hall ways are dark but when you open your room door it's white bright and super trendy. I treated my wife to afternoon tea for her birthday and she couldn't speak highly enough of the quality. JJ on reception organised a bottle of Cava to be delivered to the room while we were out and is an example of how good and in tune with the guests the staff are. My only feedback would be in the evening the bar was really busy and apart from the cocktail bar there was no where to really sit and chill out. It was either stand at the busy bar or sit at the restaurant table. As we checked out I advised I had a bottle of beer from the mini bar, but I also advised I think the fridge may have been broken as nothing in there was cold. I was only mentioning it so they can fix it and not complaining. The lady on reception advised the beer was on them as no one likes a warm beer and removed it from the bill.
I have stayed in many London hotels and I get used to the very corporate service staff provide. This was still professional but so personal. Keep up the good work as clearly your staff are happy at work which makes for a great customer experience.

Room Tip: the TV's pull out off the wall and can be angled towards the bed. I seen some people complaining...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

We are thrilled that you and your wife had a wonderful experience at Sanderson and are glad your wife’s birthday was so enjoyable. Thank you for mentioning the impressive service you received as each and every member of our team love to go the extra mile to make sure our guests feel relaxed and welcome at Sanderson. We really appreciate your feedback and hope you have the opportunity to return to Sanderson so we can create another unforgettable experience for you, please get in touch with linxi.romanovski@mhgc.com when you are planning another stay. We look forward to welcoming you back.