“Amazing hotel!”
Review of Brown's Hotel

Brown's Hotel
Ranked #25 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed 10 November 2010

I have just returned from spending a weekend at browns- I would most definitely return. The breakfast was included in the rate and you had the opportunity to dine in your room, which was much appreciated. We received a room upgrade and the room, especially the bathroom, was perfect- not too fussy, very modern and clean. The beds were incredibly comfortable and I loved the big shower head. We dined in the restaurant on the Saturday evening. It wasn't particularly busy, and although the service was excellent, the range of food was just satisfactory. My only complaint would be that the entrance was not always manned and so there was not always a doormen available to help with shopping/hold the doors open! We also visited the spa and the treatments were ok, but did not completely meet my expectations, however this can be overlooked since the hotel was a lovely place to stay and in such a fabulous location!! We will definitely be returning!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank kawaiitraveller
Write a ReviewReviews (1,462)

Reviewed 19 October 2010

We arrived late, having spent the day with our family and were instantly made to feel at ease and shown to our room which was sumptuous, spacious and splendidly welcoming. After an amazingly comfortable night's sleep, the next few leisurely hours were spent in luxurious pampering and sprucing in the well equipped bathroom which felt like a private spa experience. Every possible potion and lotion to suit every need was to hand - truly spoiling.
A delicious breakfast followed with attentive and helpful staff at hand without being over fussy striking the right balance between casual atmosphere and professional service. The food was of a high standard and what one would expect of a top class hotel. Perfectly located, Brown's is surely one of the best places to stay in London and for us, it was a wonderful moment of pure unashamed self indulgence in a relaxed and glamorous setting. We look forward to returning.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank countryman46
Reviewed 11 October 2010

I have traveled the world and stayed in thousands of hotels. Browns is in the top one or two or three in terms of service, quality and value. For many reasons, it is, in fact, my number one favorite! You should know that the spirits of Miss Marple (Agatha Christie), Rudyard Kipling and Alexander Graham Belll roam the place at night.....

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dgmarker
Reviewed 9 October 2010

I found bloodstains on my pillow that were not mine!
My guests found their underwear had been removed from a heated towel radiator and had a unremovable yellow stain on them!
The concierge service was pathetic, I asked on 2 occassions for my car to be brought to the hotel and gave what i thought was polite and helpful advance notice to concierge only to find that when i got to concierge I had to ask again and wait a further 10 minutes?! I asked for a bag i dropped off at concierge to be delivered to my room, an hour later the bag was still there so I took it myself.
My friend had a delivery from a local shop for a expensive jumper, this was not delivered to the room, it was kept and only delivered on our last day as I remebered that this item was missing, it makes me very suspicious of the staff.
We checked out within the extended courtesy 2 hour period and I had to listed to the tuts from the room staff as they waited outside the room.
This hotel is extremley overated in my opinion and the service is very poor indeed for a 5 star rated hotel, I would give it a 2 on a good day.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
5  Thank mraverage_person
Reviewed 1 October 2010

This was my third time for tea here and it did not disappoint. I brought a British friend and she was impressed and delighted. DO NOTeat beforehand and plan a long walk afterwrds to work off your sugar high. Expensive but worth every penny. wonderful, friendly service. we tried to book online in the morning and could not. Decided to wing it and drop in with positive results. they saiad the online booking system was not working!! So don't give up!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of the best experiences in London without a doubt.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 September 2010

The George V may have better flowers and the Shanghai Peninsula a better building, but Browns is I think the best hotel in the world because it combines a perfect location for walking and shopping, a consistent professional staff. luxurious accomodations with huge bathrooms, super comfortable beds and air conditioning that works, a smart bar, great club like restaurant (better than Marks or George) and of course that famous tea room with an elegant clientel of glamorous Latins and a sprinkling of well heeled Americans.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank wsdoyle
Reviewed 18 August 2010

We did not stay at this hotel.

My boyfriend and I made a booking for afternoon tea. There is a grand piano quietly playing in the background of what they claim is the oldest hotel in London. Superb service and delicious sandwiches (egg, beef, salmon and cucumber, tomato and cheese, and another meat that I don't remember because I'm vegetarian and my boyfriend ate all three of the meat sandwiches). They were all good. The scones and petit fours were good and after all of that, they serve you a slice of cake. Make sure to skip lunch -- it's a lot of food and they keep replacing what you eat.

The teas all looked good and my boyfriend and I were both happy with our choices.

This is an expensive afternoon tea, but it's worth it. It was a lovely afternoon, and even though they said on the reservation that you had to vacate the table for another party to have it at a certain time, we took as long as we needed and were not bothered. There is no pressure, and the service is really attentive. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple