“Very Acceptable London Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street

Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street
Ranked #297 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Asia
“Very Acceptable London Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

I spent two nights in this hotel for business. The room was a little small but very clean will all the amenities you'd expect in a good business hotel. The bathroom was very nice, the wifi worked perfectly and the location was great. For a convenient place to stay in the centre of London that wasn't too expensive I'd definitely recommend this hotel and I will be back for future business trips.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Brit-abroad-in-Asia
XParis, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much indeed for your lovely feedback.

I am glad that you enjoyed all the facilities including the Free Wifi.

As you also mentioned, Bloomsbury Street is only located less that 10 minutes walk to the shopping areas of Oxford Street, Leicester Square the prime location in London for world leading film premières as well as Covent Gardens famous for its street performers, elegant buildings, theatres and entertainment facilities.

I do appreciate you sharing your comments with other Tripadvisor users and the team and I would be more than happy to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Bloomsbury Street in the near future.

Kindest regards,

Xavier Paris
Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

I wanted a nice hotel close to all the main attractions for 5 30 something girls, so needed a triple and a double room. This hotel was very modern, gorgeously decorated and ticked all the boxes, without being too expensive. Overall it was great value and I'd definitely stay there again next time I need to get a group of us together. Staff also very friendly at check in.

Room Tip: Standard room was on the small side, but the triple was brilliant. Both bathrooms were lovely. I...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ruth_Teddington
Hasnain-N-Alloo, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at The Bloomsbury Street Hotel on your recent trip to London and for taking the time to share your review with us.

We are indeed in the heart of the West End and within walking distance of theatres, Covent Garden Opera House, and the restaurants of Soho. The shops of Oxford Street are close by, and just 50 metres down the road the delights of the British Museum can be explored too.

As a team, we strive to exceed our guests expectations and I will only be delighted to share your review with the entire team.

I am not sure if you had the opportunity to dine with us? as we have just opened two new exciting restaurants. Steak & Lobster restaurant, downstairs on the ground floor and our new British restaurant across the street at our sister property, Scoff & Banter.

Steak & Lobster, is our name and our menu. Our new restaurant has fewer options so we can focus on perfecting what we do best: 10oz, dry aged rib eye steaks and fresh whole lobsters served on the half shell. We’ve taken choice and refined it. You’ll find our restaurant downstairs easy going and fun, modern and stylish.

Scoff & Banter, Bloomsbury is just a stone’s throw away from the Bloomsbury Street Hotel. Offering a collection of traditional British dishes served straight up or with a twist, Scoff & Banter fills the void that other eateries may leave behind.

May I take this opportunity to wish you the very best and can only hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back.

Swindon, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

My partner, her parents and myself, all visited this ‘Luxury Hotel’ as quotes on their website, for afternoon tea on Sunday 8th December. Well ‘Luxury’ isn’t how I would describe it…

To start with, we were given a table that was practically in the lobby and so far away from the restaurant/bar area where other people were dinning that we thought our tea would be cold by the time it reached us. Well there was no need to worry about that as by the time the tea finally did come round it was weaker than a midgets fart!

Okay, so things hadn’t got off to the best start, but being in the festive spirit we persisted and were determined to still have a good time. That was however, until our sandwiches and cakes arrived. Now there’s no point trying to over dramatise this or make a big song a dance about it.. the sandwiches were dry and the cake selection poor. Quite frankly this is not something I would come to expect from a Radisson.

Let me elaborate.. we were first given ONE platter of sandwiches and cakes for four people, now please correct me if I am wrong, but surely this should be one per couple? This would have been fine if the platter had been loaded with delicious delicacies, however it was clear we were being fingered. This was obviously a platter for two, but in our case, for FOUR! This was confirmed when raised with the waitress, as suddenly another plate of ‘Ham’ sandwiches arrived (also dry).

Now if the restaurant had been busy, I could possibly understand the need to mass prepare a selection of sandwiches, but in our case we appeared to be the only ones eating. Surely all the food your fine establishment serve is freshly prepared?

This sadly wasn’t the only thing to leave a bad taste in our mouths. When attempting to eat what I can only describe as a shot glass full of berries and mush (I think its correct name is a trifle) my mother-in-law had to regrettably spit out several clearly gone off or ‘Bad berries’ as I like to call them after nearly choking on them.

The ironic thing was, we were at first only given two of these deadly fruit shots, however after pointing this out we were dealt two more and like a game of Russian Roulette we each took our shot, some might say maybe it was fate that the ill fitting one ended up with my mother-in-law and no one else.

All jokes aside, I was very disappointed with the whole experience. We came to London in search of a special festive weekend, but were left disheartened and sad from what should have been a lovely afternoon.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Hones1_Joe
Dear Guest,

I am naturally very disappointed that we were unable to demonstrate a level hospitality synonymous to your expectation and very concerned to have let you and your family down.

If possible would you kindly contact my Deputy - Xavier Paris or I directly so that we can personally deal with your feedback and try to resolve it to your satisfaction.

Looking forward to speaking with you very soon.

Kind Regards, Hasnain

allooh@radisson.com
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

I stayed here for several days in early February 2014. The initial and immediate smile upon arriving, the professional and friendly hospitality at reception, and the charming restaurant and bar staff were all deeply appreciated. The hotel really has the feel of a well run establishment. The room was comfortable with a great bed and an interesting bathroom. Special thanks to Stephanie and Natalie. Special special thanks to Dwight for his professional charm and care as he and his staff made me feel like a guest rather than a business unit.

Room Tip: 1 block from the British Museum. Easily walkable to Covent Garden and the theater district down Sha...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank kate545
Dear Guest,

Thank you for visiting us and taking the time to share your review on Tripadvisor.

It is heartening to read such reviews and once again thank you for the time you have taken to share your comments which will indeed help other travellers to make an informed choice when in London.

Bloomsbury Street is a contemporary hotel inspired by the history around it. We work hard to ensure that the building’s rich literary heritage continues today whilst at the same time offering guests a modern combination of attentive service, luxurious bedrooms and four star deluxe facilities.

I look forward to welcome you back to The Bloomsbury Street Hotel in the not too distance future.

York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

My husband and I stayed here on Feb 8th to Feb 10th and had a wonderful weekend which was to celebrate my 60th birthday. All the staff were very polite, pleasant and helpful. The room was exceptionally good as were all the downstairs facilities. The breakfast buffet was one of the most varied and enjoyable that I have had anywhere.
Thanks to The Radisson for making my birthday weekend a real treat. I look forward to trying Radisson hotels in the future.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 23SuePaul
Dear Sue,

Happy Birthday once again! and thank you for staying at the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Bloomsbury Street Hotel and for the time taken to post this review.

Our biggest asset are the team we have, all staff across the hotel are very passionate about exceeding the expectations of our guests. The Bloomsbury Street and Kenilworth Hotels are the center of excellence when it comes to service delivery and looking after the needs of our guests.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel.

Hasnain N Alloo
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

Although the entrance is stylish and hopes are high there is no need to stay at this hotel. Although it says it is near Covent Garden the reality is there is another Radisson Blu in the middle of Covent Garden where the staff are nicer, helpful and pleasant. Sadly the staff at Bloomsbury are anything but. Having a problem while in residence is clearly beyond there responsibility and powers. Since I am in London regularly I will simply find another place to rest my head

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
XParis, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear SD,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us, although naturally I am disappointed that you feel your stay was not as it should have been.

I was very sorry to hear about the problems you encountered and the service provided during your last stay with us and would like to apologise for the undoubted inconvenience caused.

I have discussed your review with the Management team as it is not the standards of service we aim to provide.

I would very much like the opportunity to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Bloomsbury Street and I would request that you contact me prior to your next visit to allow me to make sure that your stay is 100% to your satisfaction.

Kindest regards,

Xavier Paris
Deputy General Manager
parisx@radisson.com
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

Such friendly and helpful staff, comfortable bed and slick, modern bathroom. I was kindly given a free upgrade, too, but the room would have been worth paying the extra for whichever way you look at it. A quality night's sleep which I will definitely be repeating...

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for staying at The Radisson Blu Edwardian, Bloomsbury Street Hotel on your recent trip to London and for taking the time to share your review with us.

We appreciate your time you have taken to share your comments which will indeed help other travellers to make an informed choice on their accommodation when in London.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Bloomsbury Street Hotel in the not too distance future.